Chapter 4 - The Star

Destiny (Listen to your Heart)

Lee Enterprises, Seoul City  9:00am

Author’s POV:

President Lee is currently in his office preparing some of the documents to be sign by him when suddenly her wife came and ask him about Chaerin’s whereabouts since she didn’t saw her daughter last night. President Lee explained to her, that their lovely precious daughter is in Busan Province and will probably stay there for 2 months. Mrs. Lee was so angry and upset with his husband for sending Chaerin to the place where most of the poor people belong. President Lee tries to calm her down and explain further about what happened to TOP’s precious car and the plans him and TOP decided for Chaerin, yet she keeps on screaming and cursing his husband for doing such a bad idea until TOP arrived and give her mom a tender hug and kiss.

TOP: Omma, please understand. We’re doing this for Chaerin’s sake and not ours. She’s already 25 and she needs to be more responsible from now on. Remember what you and Appa said to us, we need to learn a lot so in the future when were handling our other business it will be much easier for us and we don’t want to fail both of you too.

Mrs. Lee: I’m just being a mother here sweetheart. I don’t want my baby Chaerin to be influence by poor people. We can send her to experts; yeah right a University who can handle a single student to teach Chaerin about Business Management and not like this! This is so insane my son!

President Lee: Honey, just 2 months. We will prove to you that Chaerin will surely learn her lesson and change for the better, so please allow us to do this for her ok? ..President Lee, while looking at her wife with a pleading eyes same as with his son..

Finally Mrs. Lee agreed but in one condition, she will visit Chaerin once in a week in Busan.

Little Town, Busan 12:30pm

Sandara’s POV

While plowing the land that was assign to me earlier, I didn’t notice that Appa keeps on staring at me for I guess 10 minutes already. He asked me about Chaerin’s plowing job from the other side of the field and how it goes; I admitted that I definitely forgot about Chaerin since I was too busy focusing on what I am doing.

Dara: oh uhmm Appa sorry, I forgot about her and I think she’s doing good with her job, look she didn’t even came here to seek help from us..while me smiling..

Mr. Park: Did you know that Ms. Lee is our responsibility huh Dara? How can you forget about her? Did I not tell you, that you should be there for her instead of working here, sweetheart?

Dara: Aisshh Appa..urghhhh…I’m not her babysitter she’s old enough to take care of herself..

Mr. Park: Anneyo Dara, move..go to her area now and help her finish what needs to finish today.

I can never say no to my loving Appa. I am so proud for having him as our responsible father, a loving husband to our Mother. For us he is a perfect man, he will do anything for us just to make us happy. As I walked nearer the area were Chaerin is working I have noticed that she’s nowhere to be found. I kept on looking for her and I came to her house too but then again she’s not even there. I kept on walking back and forth in front of her house as I really don’t know what to tell to Appa if he found out that Chaerin is no longer in the house. I was thinking, she might escape from here, left this house and drive on her way back to Seoul City but I realized she doesn’t have a car. So I decided to look again for her until I noticed a body lying on the ground near the kitchen area, when I look nearer I saw Chaerin lying unconsciously. I didn’t know why but the next thing I did is to carry her right away with all my strength to her bedroom, leave her for a while pour some warm water in a bowl and a clean cloth. I walked closer to her again and started to wipe her body when I heard her in pain..

Chaerin: urghh..what happened to me?? While holding her head and was about to stand..

Dara: Just take some rest please, you don’t need to get up..

Chaerin: No, I still have plenty of time to finish what I am doing outside..

Dara: No, Chaerin don’t be a hard headed lady..while holding Chaerin’s arm..

 

Chaerin’s POV:

Am I hearing it right? She mentioned my first name? geez, I suddenly felt goose bumps all over my body..urghhh, Chaerin why you acting weirdly..ughhh, I need to calm down myself..

Dara: I saw you earlier, lying on the ground unconscious. Are you ok? How do you feel? What happened to you?.. while she’s looking straight at me..

Chaerin: I don’t know, I just remember, I went inside this house and supposedly drink some water when I suddenly felt dizzy.. By the way, thank you for coming and for helping me Dara..while smiling at me, gosh those beautiful smile, omg I think I’m starting to get blush as Dara said to herself..

Dara: I see, I guess you’re hyper-ventilated and you’re running out of air that’s why you fell to the ground and fainted. I will inform Appa about this, you don’t need to finish what you are doing today. You need to rest, more rest to gain more energy, got me? And you’re welcome. I’m just following my father’s instruction, after all you’re still the daughter’s owner of this land.. I will be right back, I will prepare some lunch for us.

Chaerin: uhmm Dara…really, thank you for helping and taking care of me..

Dara: No problem Chaerin, while smiling at her.. See, you’re not that bad at all.. if you only show us the real you since yesterday, then there’s no reason for us to fight each other.. anyway I have to leave you for a while ok? While Chaerin just nodded..

 

Bom’s POV:

I saw Darong walking on her way to their house, smiling like a fool and it’s like she got a huge kiss from his prince charming, I immediately bump myself into her and disturb her never ending day dream..

Dara: Yahhhh Bommie! What are you doing here yeah? Pfffttt!

Bom: and what are you dreaming huh my beautiful Darong??

Dara: nothing..i just need to hurry, I will talk to you later ok?

Bom: no, talk to me now! What happened huh? Why you look inspired huh or let me rephrase, why you look in love Huh? Are you having a good time with a guy you just met huh? Tell me, tell me palli!

Dara: oh shut up Bommie, no of course not.. I’m not like that..

Bom: then tell me why huh?

 

Author’s POV

Dara narrated what had happened to her and Chaerin earlier. She also mentioned to Bom that she was really scared when she saw Chaerin lying on the ground unconsciously, she told her that she immediately helped Chaerin and have some little chitchat before she bid goodbye for a while to prepare a meal for them. Bom at the same time just nodded and let her go, without any reactions. As for Bommie, she knew that there is something going on between her cousin and Chaerin and that she will definitely find a way to figure it out and deal with it later on..

An hour after, Dara came back to Chaerin’s house and served the food for their lunch meal of the day. Dara alsoInformed her dad about what had happened to Chaerin when her dad visited them during break time. Mr. Park told Dara to accompany Chaerin the whole day until tomorrow morning since Chaerin is not that well.. He also met Chaerin for the very first time, and he likes her for being her and not for anything else.

 

8:30pm Chaerin’s little house

Dara: Chaerin, here’s another blanket for you, you should keep warm so you will feel better tomorrow.

Chaerin: Thank you, can I at least go outside the house for a while? Just even 5 mins..

Dara: but why? You’re still sick Chaerin, I don’t want to get scold by my father, you should rest.

Chaerin: please??..while pouting and show her pleaded eyes to Dara..

Dara: Aisshhh, that look..ok fine, I will allow you but I need to accompany you, understand??

Chaerin: ok.. with a big smile on her face..

Dara’s mind: Oh God, she’s so cute hihihi for sure there were a lot of guys or even girls going crazy over her..i don’t want to think about this feeling but I guess, I like her already…

While Chaerin is sitting in a huge rock outside the house, Dara came closer to her then sit beside her..

Chaerin: Look at those stars above the night sky.. it’s so nice to see how beautiful and shining those stars right? Chaerin

in her aegyo smile.. I used to star gaze with my father when I was a little girl..My father once told me, “Chaerin sweetheart look for the star which you love the most and don’t stop looking for it every night.. and if you found it, never lose it in your sight, that’s what I always did when I was a little boy – that star that I kept on looking almost every night until I reach 22, will be the same person I will keep on looking and dreaming to be with for the rest of my life and that’s how I found your mother.. I never expected to fell in love with your mom, even though my family said howbad your mom is, I don’t mind at all because for me she is my star, she is the love of my life that I kept on looking for until I die”.. and I did it until I reached 19, I finally found the star that I like and I will love for the rest of my life..Yes, I am into girls Dara, and everybody knew about it even the whole Seoul City knew about it..

Dara was so shocked when she heard it straight from Chaerin and told her, that she’s into girls.. But Dara believe that nothing is wrong when it comes to Love, it’s all the same.. She didn’t say anything but to listen to Chaerin and let her continue..

 

Chaerin: At first, I thought I am her star too, we are so happy together, we’re having fun being together and of course

We loved each other, our relationship last for 4 years not until I found out that star of my life cheated on me.. She told

me, she can no longer love me and I asked her why but she didn’t answer me, she left me broken hearted..the reason

why I kept on wasting my time these past few years, because I know I don’t have the reason to live happy and in love

ever again because the star that I have found before became the darkness in my heart..

 

Dara was so touched with what Chaerin told her, she immediately lean her head on Chaerin’s shoulder when suddenly

Chaerin moved herself and now facing Dara inches apart.. it was so fast, when suddenly Chaerin’s lips crushed into Dara’s and they remained kissing slowly yet passionately..

  • To be continued….