9 Hands To Heaven

Because Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


               They passed the last days of Luhan’s vacation in Bali with no burden. Luhan still has to wait for his interview result, but it was the last thing on his mind right now. Enjoying Bali with Yifan was even better now that they could hold hands, stole a kiss every now and then, Yifan even carried Luhan a few times when the younger was too tired to even walk on his own feet. Even the thought of Song Qian hurting because of their action doesn’t bother Luhan. He was feeling too happy to have Yifan by his side. In the back of his mind, he thinks that he deserved this. On Luhan’s last night in Bali, when he was packing, Yifan knocked the guestroom door. He had forced Luhan to leave the hotel and just stay with him at the Wu’s residence after Luhan’s first night in Bali.

               “Oh, Kris,” he called Yifan with his old pet name. Yifan smiled hearing the nickname. Luhan was sitting on the floor with his legs folded, suitcase opened in front of him and his stuff all scattered in the room floor.

               “Whooah, what happened in here? An earthquake?” he joked, coming in to the room, making sure not to step on anything. The older sat on the bed beside Luhan, his boyfriend automatically leaned to his side, to Yifan’s leg. Yifan levered down to give a kiss to Luhan’s head, then laugh again when he sees Luhan frowning, looking at his own stuff.

               “It won’t fit!” Luhan cutely said. “All the souvenirs, and my new clothes and all my old clothes.. it won’t fit! My suitcase is too small,” Luhan pointed his large suitcase, probably the largest size for every brand of suitcase. This made Yifan smile.

               “Hey, I’m coming with you to Beijing. You can put some of those in my suitcase. It’s still half empty.”

               Hearing what Yifan suggested, Luhan quickly looked up with a smile on his face. “Really? You’ll let me put some of my stuff in your suitcase?”

               “Of course, dear,” Yifan laughed at the tone Luhan was speaking. Cheerfully the younger stood up, bending down to collect the stuff he was going to put in Yifan’s suitcase. While humming his and Yifan’s tune, Luhan had only two steps before a pair of strong arms circled his waist, pulling him back to sit on his boyfriend’s lap.

               “Yifan!! Look what you’ve done!” Luhan worriedly examine the souvenirs he just drop. “What are you – hey!”

               The protest from Luhan’s mouth got louder when Yifan took Luhan’s hand, preventing him from picking up the souvenirs he just dropped.

               “Aigoo, Yifan, you are so so childish, you know. Let me just pack, we have to go early tomorrow. What do you think you are—what is this?”

               A shinning ring with a small sapphire stone in the middle of it was hugging Luhan’s left ring finger. He didn’t realize Yifan slipping it there.

               “What do you.. when did you..?” Luhan stops his struggling. He looked at the beautiful ring with wide eyes, his mouth ajar.

               Yifan kissed his boyfriend’s nape, hugging Luhan’s feline waist tighter. “It’s a family ring. Every in-laws in the family wore it.”

               Abruptly the smaller man in Yifan’s lap turned around so that he was twisting his body to face Yifan. he had his eyes wider than before, mouth dangling in a not so pretty way, but Yifan still find it cute. “I-in laws? Do you mean I—Yifan, really?”

               “Yes my darling. Don’t you think I’m a bit too old now to just go out on a date with you?” Yifan smiled as he answered Luhan. He raised one of his hand to cup Luhan’s red cheek, kissing his button nose lightly. “I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Han. I’m ready to spend my lifetime with you. “

               The way the older man said it made Luhan’s heart clenched. Luhan had promised he would let Yifan go and move on. Just this morning, Yifan was still in love with Song Qian. Just this morning they both were just best friend. How can it change so fast? Is this really the right thing to do?

               “Xiao Lu?”

               Yifan saw the doubt in Luhan’s eyes. He shifted, turning Luhan so now Luhan was fully facing the older male. Yifan tucked a strand of hair behind Luhan’s ear, then his finger continue to caress that ear. Luhan closed his eyes at the contact, and when he opened it, there were tears on the corner of his eyes.

               “Are you sure, Yifan? Are you sure this will fix everything? Are you sure this is what we want? Are you sure this is the best?”

               Smiling, Yifan leaned and drop a peck to Luhan’s rosy lips. “I don’t know if this will fix everything, Hn. But I’m sure this is what both you and I want. And even if it’s not the best for all of us, it will be the best choice for the both of us. Isn’t it enough?”

               Luhan nod at this, raising his hands where Yifan put the ring earlier to examine the golden band circling his finger. “Thank you, Wu Yifan.”

               “I love you Luhan,” Yifan answered him, kissing the other man’s forehead, who sighed in content and whispered the words back to Yifan. “I love you too, Yifan. I love you.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~  ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~~

               They arrived in China at noon the next day, much to Luhan’s disappointment. He loved his hometown, but Bali has left such a beautiful impression for Luhan. It was where his love finally found him too. After grabbing a late lunch at the airport, the two lovers took the subway to get to their house. They decide not to tell their parents or Song Qian and his father about them gong to China together. They both turned off their phone since last night. They nervously opened the door to the Lu’s residence, hand in hand. Yifan had refused to let go Luhan’s shaky and sweaty hand even when the younger had told him to. He wanted Luhan to know that they’re in this together, and Yifan is not going to let Luhan down again. But what they found when they enter the living room was not what they hoped for.

               All of their family member are wearing black outfit, gathering in the spacious room of the Lu’s apartment. There were th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter