I'm Happy, You Look Happy

Because Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


            Qian looked at the mirror, not believing the wide smile plastered on her face. It has been there since a week ago. Since she met Yifan, she didn’t expect it to be like this. She was just supposed to pretend she was the person who replied all Yifan message, she was just supposed to pretend that she was the person Yifan fell in love with. She wasn’t supposed to fall in love with Yifan in return. She—wait, did she just said she fell in love? Qian could see her own cheeks turning crimson red in the reflection. Did she really fall in love with Yifan? This wasn’t supposed to happen. No, no, no, no.

               “I’m not in love with Yifan,” Qian said to herself. Moving her hands to turn on the faucet and splashed water to her face. She was trying to push away images of Yifan. Who would’ve thought the Yifan she knew—the one she despised a lot because he wasn’t good looking enough to be her friend—grew into an amazingly handsome man? Qian never saw a man like him before. He sure was a wonderful creation of God. She was so lucky he fell in love with her. The red haired let out a high pitched squeal when the last thought popped to her mind. Yifan is in love with her. Yifan is in love with Song Qian. Yifan is—

               “Ahk!!” Qian couldn’t stand it. She ran outside her bathroom and flopped herself on top of the mattress. Mei and Ling is out for some coffee, so Qian had the room for herself at least until midnight. “Yifan is in love with me.. he is in love with me.. he is in—“

               A ring of the doorbell popped the image of Yifan she was imagining in her head. She groaned, getting up in a lazy motion. “Ah, who in the world.. it’s in the middle of the night for God’s sak—Yifan??”

               Tightening her robe, Qian gasped when she saw Yifan standing in front of her door. The man as always look incredibly handsome only wearing a thick baby blue sweater and a green colored khaki pants that was so unmatched the fashion police should’ve arrested him. but this was Yifan, anything would look good if he wear it.

               “Hi, Qianqian,” the low voice put a shiver through Qian’s spine. “Did I.. were you asleep?”

               “Oh.. no. I just finished shower. What’s up?” she tried to keep her cool, although inside her heart was beating like crazy. Calm down. Calm down. Calm down. She kept telling herself. “Do you wanna come in?”

               “Uh, no. It’s fine. I’m just dropping by to give you something.”

               “Really? What—oh, hi, Lulu!”

               Luhan’s existence went unknown by Qian, until the younger—the always clumsy Luhan—dropped the watch he was playing with, causing a loud thud that made the couple in front of him acknowledge his presence.

               “Oh, hi, Qian,” Luhan gave her a small smile, waving his hand weakly to her before crossing it in front of his chest again “Don’t mind me, continue your conversation. I’m just waiting for Yifan.”

               “Where are you guys from? You guys seem awfully happy,” even behind his poker face expression, Qian could see Luhan was happier than he was yesterday when she last saw him.

               Yifan answered for Luhan, getting Qian’s attention back to him. “We went to eat some kung pao chicken just down there.”

               “At last!”

               “Yeah, at last,” Yifan chuckled at how the girl in front of him clapped her hands. Genuinely happy. Yifan knows Qian was only happy because finally Luhan got to eat kung pao, he had been wanting to eat them with Yifan since forever. “So.. um.. I want to check up on you since.. you’re alone. You know how my mom and Aunt Ling is, they can chat until the sun rises.”

               “I know. They need it, Yifan. God knows how much they missed each other and they would’ve wanted to catch up on each other’s life, you know.”

               “Yeah,” Yifan smiled. Qian was surely a nice daughter. His mother will be thrilled if this girl was her daughter in law. The thought that passed Yifan’s mind made him felt a blush creeping up to his face. Seems like Qian realized him suddenly being stiff, she reached out to brush her hands to Yifan’s.

               “Yifan? You okay?”

               “Uh..”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter