Ch.6

I Miss You~ A Video Call Away

Ch. 6 ~ Responsible.

 

Myungsoo drove his car around the parking lot of Seoul Home and Living Co. His boss had sent him to send some files in place of a co-worker since he was more familiar with the location of the interior design company due to the prior partnership working with Sungyeol. As the dark haired man maneuvered his car into it’s the visitor’s parking space he spotted two familiar figures. 

The two figures stood close to each other. The older man had a gentle arm around the tall. Myungsoo expression grew dark and eyes narrowing at the sight before him. He had met the older man a few times; not often, but often enough for him to recognized who he was. The other man was far too familiar to him. It was Director Kim of Seoul Home and Living and no one other than Lee Sungyeol. He watched on as Sungyeol leaned a head on Kim Sunggyu’s shoulder resting on him for a few minutes. The older man smiled warmly placing a hand on Sungyeol’s back giving him some gentle pats and eventually it softly as the two conversed.

Myungsoo violently parked his car, like a force the journalist zoomed with lightning speed through an alternate entrance of the building slipping by his previous work associates. His head was buzzing with negative thoughts about the two person he had witness in the parking lot as he walked through the building to drop off the necessary documents at the front desk. Myungsoo was angry, he wasn’t sure if he was angry at himself, at Sungyeol, at Sunggyu, or even at all three of them. Somehow he felt a bit betrayed by Sungyeol even though technically he didn’t have the rights to be angry. When he left the office desk he decided to forget it and move on with his life. He was young and was on top of his career. He didn’t need to have these feelings, and surely he doesn’t need involve himself with internal drama. He should just forget Sungyeol, the night they spent together, the soft touches, the passionate kiss, and friendly flirtations; everything.

 

With a final effort to comfort his hoobae Sunggyu gave Sungyeol a final pat on the back letting the taller head back to the building first. Sungyeol didn’t tell him everything, but he heard enough to understand the younger’s dilemma. Sungyeol was like a younger brother to him and he wanted try best he could to console the latter.

 

Sungyeol fumbles through his phone looking down at the contacts list and stopping the name “Kim Myungsoo”. He debates on whether he should give the other man a call, maybe text him, or just plainly show up at lunch hour and try to catch him. Through deep contemplation and many advices from his good friends he decided that the best solution was to try to contact Myungsoo again. Myungsoo was the baby’s father afterall. He doesn’t even know how he could even approach Myungsoo about the subject; especially after Sungyeol choose to ignore his calls for so long. Even though he had replayed the scene over and over again in his mind, but still it didn’t help calm nerves.

 

It came as a surprise to for Myungsoo as he was casually sitting in his office looking over some articles before taking lunch when someone knocks on the door. He didn’t look up assuming it was his junior Sungjong, however the sound of doors locking got his attention. The raven haired man looked up from his desk to meet eye to eye with Lee Sungyeol.

“We need to talk.”

Hearing Sungyeol say those words made something within Myungsoo jump, however bitterness still overtook him.

“Heh, I thought you were the one who didn’t want to see me ever again.” The raven haired man retorted sarcastically. Myungsoo lean back on the back of his chair with a crude smirk eyeing Sungyeol up and down. Despite the mean façade he puts on Myungsoo still cared about Sungyeol. Frankly speaking he had to admit Sungyeol did not look well. “So, what can I help you with today?”

Sungyeol gulped once or twice swallowing his pride at the moment and decided to ignore Myungsoo’s artless attitude towards him. He just needed to get it over with as soon as possible. Sungyeol suppressed his ego and went straight to topic.

“Myungsoo, I’m pregnant.”

His eyebrows furrowed. Myungsoo wasn’t sure if he had misheard what Sungyeol had just said, because it sounded foreign in his ears. His mouth hung open for a good two minutes and he remain speechless in his seat. Myungsoo let out a cough.

“Hehh hn..That’s… that’s absurd!” Myungsoo choked out a cough. He couldn’t believe his ears. “Are you sure that thing is mine?”

“YAH! Kim Myungsoo!” Sungyeol glared burned through the man in front of him. He couldn’t believe Myungsoo could utter those heartless words to him. Even for Myungsoo this was a new low. Myungsoo stared back at him waiting for some sort of retaliation against his words. Sungyeol pursed his lips together holding back the searing tears of anger within him. He wasn’t going to let Kim Myungsoo see him cry; he wasn’t going to show his weak side to Myungsoo. Sungyeol felt his own nails digging through the palm of his hand balling into a fist. Myungsoo place a hand on to his side and looked away from Sungyeol for a minute.

“Look, all I’m saying is did you really have it checked out?” Myungsoo rolled his eyes looking up at the ceiling disdainfully for a second seemingly having sudden preposterously dark  thoughts running through his mind. “Are you sure it’s not that director’s. Aren’t you dating him right now?”

“No! It’s yours!” Sungyeol could barely hold in the stabbing pain from Myungsoo’s words, his eyes turning rounder, and cursed himself for not being able to come up with any comeback towards the other man.

Sungyeol couldn’t even look at him right now. He was pretty sure his lips were bleeding from the pressure he had placed on them as he held in the anger, shock, and disgust he felt for Kim Myungsoo. He shut his eyes for a second trying to regain himself.

With all his might he balled his fist hard and punched Myungsoo hard on side of his chest.

“OOouuff!” Myungsoo yelped in pain grabbing hold of the left side of his chest; caught off guards at the sudden physical attack from the Sungyeol. If it wasn’t bad enough Sungyeol manage to kick him hard in the shin as well before pulling away. Before he took his leave the latter turned around a last time.

Sungyeol looked at him with sadness in his eyes. “This is the last time I’ll ever come to you Kim Myungsoo. Just don’t regret it in the future. “Before he left Sungyeol mumbled in a low voice hiding the real hurt and disappointment behind his last words, “I’m four weeks in, so you do that math.”

 

Sungyeol closed the doors behind him quickly. His heart had pounded violently after he punched Kim Myungsoo and his hand was still shaking from the force. Sungyeol took deep breaths to calm himself. He really wanted to cry, but he stopped himself. He was in a public and there were many watchful eyes around; it wasn’t appropriate to make such a scene. Sungyeol walked out the building as quickly as he could avoiding any contact with the people in the building. Once he got into the car Sungyeol slammed the doors shut and locking it; his nerves finally caught up to him. He broke down.

 

The moment Sungyeol uttered those last words to him and walked out the doors, Myungsoo knew he had messed up big time. Despite the pain on his chest and leg Myungsoo made his way to his desk. The journalist knelt over it with both hands in his face. He wanted to scream but he could only let out a desperate groan of frustration. Myungsoo bite down on his lower lips hard to prevent himself from screaming, his hands pulled at the side of his hair as he dejectedly took a seat.   

“I really don’t know why we hurt each other. I don’t know why I hurt you. I like you, I really do like you.” Myungsoo thought. There were many things that went through Myungsoo’s head; like why didn’t he just ran after Sungyeol right that moment? Maybe it wouldn’t have been too late. Why does he have to let his stupid stubborn pride get in the way? Why couldn’t he just trust Sungyeol’s words? Why did he say things without consideration for the other, despite the strong feelings he had for Sungyeol. It was too late now, he lost all courage to even try to contact Sungyeol after what he’d said and done.

Myungsoo was ashamed.

 

It was late around eight o’clock at night when Woohyun got a call from Sungyeol. Clumsily the older male picked up the call. “OH gosh! Sungyeol! W…Where are you? I’m worried to death. Gyu called and said you weren’t well so I rushed over to your house.”

Hyung help me. I don't know what to do, I’m in the parking lot.”

Woohyun could hear Sungyeol’s tired voice over the other line.

“What do you mean parking lot? Which parking lot? Sunggyu kept calling and asking me if you came home already because you just disappeared from work after lunch. Sungyeol! What happened?”   

“Hyung…what do I do? He doesn’t want it.” From what Woohyun could tell Sungyeol might have been crying on the other line.

“Who? Who doesn’t want it? What are you talking about?! Ugh, don’t …don’t’ go anywhere I’ll come get you. Where are you Sungyeol?”

“At a parking lot…of some mini mart...” Sungyeol voiced slowly calming down a bit after talking to Woohyun, and not caring about his surroundings. After the argument with Kim Myungsoo he didn’t want to think about any and just drove himself around the city for hours before finally made a stop at a random mini market.

After having to squeeze out information from a stubborn and sobbing Sungyeol, Woohyun had manage to get the proper street intersection of Sungyeol’s location. The older man brought Sungyeol back, not knowing what had caused the other to go into such a pitifully vulnerable state; but he could half guessed the situation having heard Sungyeol briefly mention a certain Kim Myungsoo. He led Sungyeol to the other’s bedroom right away once they got back to Sungyeol’s home. Later in the evening Sungyeol with puffy eyes (and all) developed a fever. He wasn’t fully asleep, but at least he was resting to his friend’s relief.

“So, are you just going to stay quiet in our own anguish and not tell me what’s wrong?”

“Hyung ah…I went to see him, tried to tell him…his reaction was...” As he spoke Sungyeol’s expressive eyes grew in a mixture of sadness and confusion.

“What do you mean he doesn’t want it? Did you really tell him properly? Tell me what did you say to him?” Woohyun trying to evaluate the situation.

“I said I was pregnant.”

“And? What did he say?”

“…”

“….Lee…Sungyeol…”

“He said it was absurd.”

“Maybe he thought you were joking, I mean I would think it’s a joke too if someone I slept with one night came out of nowhere after not speaking to me for a while. I mean I would be mad a little on the bitter side if I was ignored for that long, even if it was for most part my fault. Successful people like him have big pride you know; and possibly commitment issues, BUT that’s beside the point. Did you explain to him how you feel or what you were going through? Or work it out between you two about future plans maybe? Did you really straight out say he didn’t want the baby?”

“No.”

“Then?”

“…”

“Sungyeol ah, you have to explain yourself and tell people your feelings and thoughts, you can’t just let them assume...”

“I couldn’t.”

“Wae?”

“Because. Right after he asked me if I was sure ‘that thing’ is his” Sungyeol sniffed; his voice dropped once again. Woohyun noticed his best friend turning to his side and burying half of the other side of his face in the pillow. “What was I supposed to say to that? He thought I was dating someone else and got pregnant then accused him. I don’t know why but he thought I was dating Gyu-hyung.”

“That’s preposterous! I should go teach him a lesson!” Woohyun yelled out in anger, rolling up the sleeves of his shirt. “What a heartless jerk! How dare he question if the baby was his?! I’ll go drag his here this instant and make him beg you for forgiveness.”

                Woohyun attempted to get up however he was stopped by Sungyeol pulling on his wrist. Woohyun sighed, “ Sungyeol…did you at least explain that it’s not like that?”

                “No…I was too mad.” Sungyeol pouted, and Woohyun let out another sigh.  

                “Well sadly I agree that he is indeed an for accusing you, but you really should try to talk to him again. You know, for the sake of your future baby.”

                “There’s no point hyung…he clearly got over me, and doesn’t want anything to do with the baby. You should have seen his sarcastic face when I went to see him at his office.” Sungyeol said sadly. The younger rolled over closing his eyes a bit. He had a long day and his body didn’t want to fight to stay awake for anymore drama. “From the start…we started out making a mistake, and I thought we go through it, got to know each other a bit, became closer…even though it was more of a good working relationship, but it was something... possibly became something more, but that’s not the case. We both drifted so easily, I know it was partly because of my stubbornness…but it was just me…who had hope in starting something with him. Maybe I saw something that wasn’t really there…hn, I’m so stupid…we barely knew each other for a little more than 4 Weeks…”

                “Sungyeol! Don’t think such negative thoughts! This is not your fault.” Woohyun at Sungyeol’s hair giving his friend a gentle pat on the head. “Just sleep now ok? I have to call Gyu to let him know you got home ok. We were really worried today, even Hoya called to check a few times. You gave us a scare Yeol.”

                “Sorry. Just let me be for today. I promise tomorrow I’ll be better.” Sungyeol voiced out flatly, his eyes staring up at the ceiling.

                “Aish, you silly pabo!”

 Woohyun waited for Sungyeol to fall asleep before he could leave; which wasn’t long at all considering that younger male was exhausted. He set out some water by the nightstand for his friend, and some cooling towels incase Sungyeol fever came back. Sungyeol couldn’t take medicine due to his current condition, so Woohyun tried to leave out the best alternative to help a fever.

 

               

               

                As he promised Woohyun and himself, Sungyeol would be stronger and learn how to deal with the dilemma at hand himself. No need for Kim Myungsoo; that’s what he told himself, but it was hard. Sunggyu gave him a few days off to recover however, Sungyeol found himself in bed most of the duration of his break. He stared up at the ceiling fan watching each rotation hoping to fall asleep.

 

                The last few days went by in a hazed frenzy for the young journalist. Myungsoo found himself unable to fully concentrate on anything for long period of time because all his thoughts seem to travel back to Sungyeol; and the sad image of him as he left the office some days ago. The usually workaholic man seem to have lost all his willpower and drive.

                Myungsoo was unsettled, his brain wasn’t functioning properly to write a single word of his report after getting off the phone with the intern at Sungyeol’s office. Myungsoo had tried to call Sungyeol’s work to try to get contact of him, since the other seem to have blocked Myungsoo’s phone calls. The information he had obtain from them had him more concerned than settled. They had told him over the phone that Sungyeol took sick leave for a few days, but they couldn’t give Myungsoo his contacts due to the rules of the office in respecting employee’s privacy. Thirty minutes in and he found himself staring idly at his blank monitor, it wasn’t until the sound of the door handle to his office jungle that his attention was drawn away from the blank screen in front of him. An unhappy looking Sungjong had entered with a high stack of file folders in arms. The younger journalist slammed the heavy items on his sunbae’s desk in discontent. Sungjong had kept this attitude for days, since after Sungyeol came to the office. The two of them got to know each other through Sungyeol’s partnership with Woolim Int-News and the younger journalist had grown close with Myungsoo’s partner. If Sungyeol didn’t tell Sungjong about how much of a jerk his senior was, then Sungjong must have overheard them. It wasn’t unlikely if it was the second alternative; considering Sungjong was the ears and eyes of the floor Myungsoo worked on. The younger had clearly been upset at Myungsoo for days now.

                “These are your files hyung.” Sungjong said coldly staring at Myungsoo with a single eye.

                “I know you might be upset at me about some personal issues Jong, but this is work and here I am your senior, so if you please don’t make your resentful attitude so obvious in front of the office.”

                “Oh you’re one to talk to me about professionalism hyung! Well if you bother checking all these are files the Chief had returned to you.” Sungjong sassy voice was filled with venom towards the older man.

                “W..What?’ Myungsoo said in confusion.

                “These file report you wrote hyung! They’re not even pre-entry Junior Level work!” Sungjong criticized his sunbae. “As much as I have strong dislike and lost of respect for you right now, I thought I’d do you a favor by telling you; The editors are very upset with your current work. Really hyung? What’s wrong? I thought if you were going to play the heartless career over love man, you’d do it right.”

                It was true and Myungsoo knew it. He knew his work had been lacking because he felt it too, the last few days nothing seem to work out because all he could think about, every thought he had throughout the day was about Lee Sungyeol. He knew he said some horrible things and possibly wouldn’t be forgiven for. His world was quickly falling apart. When he was home and wasn’t at work, he felt tormented with guilt; but what made it worst was not knowing how he could possibly fix it because he doesn’t even have a network connection left to Lee Sungyeol. He only had Sungyeol’s cell number, office number, and company email account from before since they had a working relationship. Sungyeol had block him on his hand phone, and he doesn’t even know which district the other lives at.

                Myungsoo stood in awe at his junior lecturing him. Sungjong words came out true, but he couldn’t help but let it sink into the background as his mind falls on sudden thought. ‘Sungjong was acquainted with Sungyeol that means there was a chance for him. He could just swallow all pride and ask Sungjong for an alternate contact. There’s a big but, however, Sungjong probably hates him and probably wouldn’t tell him where Sungyeol lives anyways, or his home number.’   

                “Sungjong! Wait” Myungsoo calls out the the junior journalist before he took his leave. With all the courage he could muster the older man took a leap of faith. “I’m sorry about the paperwork. I know my mistakes probably made work harder for you, but..., May I please have Sungyeol’s address, this is urgent.”

                Myungsoo closed his eyes expecting a scary reaction from his junior, however there was a few seconds of silence in the room. When he opened his eyes could see Sungjong hateful snarling glares changing into a kinder one (if snarling could ever be benevolent). “ Hmm I should torment you some more, but since you asked so nicely…and you do seem sincere…I guess I’ll tell you. Although I shouldn’t since Sungyeol hyung might find out you got the info from me…hmmm?” Sungjong was pretending to be contemplative and balantly pulling on Myungsoo’s strings.

                “No no he won’t know, I’ll just tell him I found it on the company yellow pages.” Myungsoo plead, “Please, please Sungjong.”

                “What will I get in return?” Sungjong eyes sparked up like the devil.

                “I won’t make you type up my drafts, I’ll do it myself for a week, and I’ll treat you to lunch from now on for a month!”

                “Ok, ok…I guess I can tell you…”

                As Myungsoo sat in the taxi cab to get to Sungyeol’s house, a thousand thoughts ran through his mind. He didn’t know what he should say to Sungyeol when he sees him. He doesn’t know how he should start, or if Sungyeol would even give him a chance. The more he thought things through the more images of Sungyeol appeared in his head; Sungyeol frowning, scowling, crying, and maybe yelling at him. Various images of Sungyeol played in his head as he thought through the possible outcomes of him going to see the designer, but his thoughts quickly jumped to the sweeter side of Sungyeol that he had seen during the time they worked together; the gentle glances, soft lips, bright smiles and cute pouts. Myungsoo quickly found himself smirking all by himself in the backseat of the taxi cab. He didn’t snap back into reality until he noticed the driver’s awkward glances at him from the taxi’s rear view mirror because Myungsoo’s strange behavior.

                Myungsoo rang the doorbell possibly once or twice, however after a few minutes went by; as he stood on the empty steps with no answer Myungsoo started to become impatient. He wondered if he had missed Sungyeol. What if the other wasn’t home? He began to wonder if Sungyeol’s doorbell had been broken. His eagerness got to best of him, and Myungsoo found himself banging at the wooden doors.

                Sungyeol didn’t know what crazy person came knocking on his door so late in the evening. He had manage to catch some sleep with the fever mildly subsiding when he was awoken abruptly by the sound of the doorbell. He made his way through the living room at a slower pace than usual due. Sungyeol squints at the figure before him; due to Sungyeol’s sickness his eyes had become watery. When his vision adjusted he felt himself going into the state of minor shock causing him to blink at the other man several times, but the feeling quickly faded into anger.

                “What are you doing here?” Sungyeol’s said in a low voice filled with coldness. He wanted to swing the doors shut, but there was something in the way. The other man had planted a foot in between the doors way preventing Sungyeol to take further actions.

                “Sungyeol, please.” Desperation could be heard from Myungsoo’s voice. “Please listen to me.”

                Sungyeol didn’t reply him. The other stood in silence eyes not leaving the other man. Myungsoo’s pleading eyes made him question whether the sickness had gotten to his head, and if he was seeing things.  

                “I screwed up, I know. I screwed up badly Sungyeol.” The man standing at Sungyeol’s doors says hastily, holding a firm grip to the door preventing the taller from closing it. Sungyeol sigh taking in a deep breath to steady his nerves. He wasn’t well enough to handle more hurt today.

                “Myungsoo…I really don’t feel well to deal with these games you play right now…”

 

                “ No there’s no game! I …I was selfish, and insensitive with the way I acted…” Myungsoo didn’t know where to begin now that he is face to face with Sungyeol. “ Look…I…I’ve, …The last few days I’ve become a mess. I can’t eat, I can’t think, I can’t focus on anything.”

                “And your point is...?”

                “I…I don’t know, I just can’t do anything until this…; our situation is resolved.”

                “Myungsoo, what you’re feeling might just be guilt, and want to sympathize, keep it.” The taller gave out a sad sigh, “The past days, I’ve been thinking too; that I’ll figure things out on my own and you won’t have to worry about ‘us’ in the future. I won’t come to make you take responsibility, so you can just worry about your career, Kim Myungsoo. And, I think I made enough of a fool of myself the other times.”

                Sungyeol’s bitter laugh at the end stabbed at a piece of Myungsoo’s heart. He realized he had hurt the other deeply to a point where Sungyeol had no confidence in him at all.

                “Just go on home Kim Myungsoo, it’s late.” Sungyeol said softly. The colors on his face was of a pale shade of blue as Myungsoo observed the other from the door frame. The evening air was chillier than early day, they had been talking for a while at the front door and Sungyeol wasn’t wearing thicker clothing since he had been inside all day. Myungsoo shocked the latter by making his way inside the house. The raven haired man hurriedly closed the front doors.

                “I’m sorry, please believe that this apology comes deep from my heart. I mean I am guilty for the terrible things I’ve said, and the way I acted; I know that, but what I mean is…I feel like I’ll regret it forever if I don’t see you. I realized I like you. I really like you so much I think I’ve gone crazy.”

                “Myungsoo…do you know what you’re saying?” Sungyeol questions the other man who now held up his to hands gripping to the side of Sungyeol’s arms. “I really don’t know, just a week ago, you seem like you wanted nothing to do with me. You didn’t even believe that this baby is yours...”  

Sungyeol paused for a moment. “Myungsoo why are you here? I honestly can’t deal with your on and off temperaments.”

                “I was in denial…and partly I was just shocked…I mean we’re still young. Both you and I just had our careers starting…but the more I thought about it the more I realize I do want to start something with you.” Myungsoo’s eyes were casted downward as he spoke to Sungyeol, only to raise again with determination as he tried to get his last point across. “Just give me one more chance, then you decide if I deserve it or not, deal?”

                “Ok, fine I get it. I’ll just take your word for it.” Sungyeol nods hesitantly choosing to believe Myungsoo’s words.

Sungyeol stared awkwardly at the man beside him. Myungsoo had decided station himself on Sungyeol’s cozy sofa and followed his every movements. He wasn’t sure how long Myungsoo would be in this state; maybe until his own guilt wore off, but he wasn’t sure at all what the other was thinking at the moment. The moment he got up Myungsoo’s body shifted; eyes following nervously.

“Calm down, I’m just getting up to get a drink of water.” Sungyeol waved his hands signally the other man to stay put, “Do you want anything? Tea? Coffee?”

“N..No water is fine…” Myungsoo shifted in his seat again, seemingly lost in his own mental debate. Myungsoo watches as Sungyeol took out some glasses and the water pitcher.

A loud clank and the sound of shattered glass hit Myungsoo’s ears soon after. He saw the glass slipping out of Sungyeol’s hands. Sungyeol hurriedly knelt down to clean up the mess, but Myungsoo was much quicker. The dark haired man pulled Sungyeol away from the broken glass with worry forming on his face.

“Are you ok?”

“Yeh, I just got kind of dizzy.”

“Have you eatened? You’re still sick right?”

He nodded.

 “Where’s your room?”Myungsoo asks sternly and gave him a disapproving scowl. “Just stay here, I’ll run to the store to get you some chicken porridge.”

Myungsoo had brought the porridge in a tray for Sungyeol and insisted he’d stay in bed to take it. Myungsoo was gentle and that made something inside Sungyeol fluttered.

“Thank you.”

                Sungyeol received a gentle smile from the other as he stared up at the man sitting on the side of his bed.

                “Well it’s late, so I should go. There’s more that I left in your fridge if you’re still hungry, but make sure to get some sleep after.” Myungsoo said getting off the bed, and giving Sungyeol a soft look.  “I’ll come by again tomorrow.”

                Sungyeol was taken by surprised when he felt the other man’s touch on his forehead. Myungsoo pulled away a little shyly. “Goodnight.”

It felt strange for Sungyeol to have Myungsoo take care of him, but Myungsoo seemed sincere in his words and actions so Sungyeol didn’t want to give it much thought for now; and Sungyeol was tired. He didn’t want to get his hopes up for any major change, but he was willing to give “them” a try. He wasn’t sure where they should be, since everything seem to work its ways backwards.

Myungsoo stood idled for almost two minutes just staring down at Sungyeol as if he had some unfinished business. He didn’t break the silence until Sungyeol finally noticed he hadn’t left.

“You forgot something?”

“Ah..no, I promise starting from now, I’ll make sure things right. We will make it work.”

“Ok.”

Sungyeol smiled as he watched Myungsoo lead himself out. His mind finally feeling at ease as he started to slowly fall asleep.

 

 

 

                “And Appa, and Daddy forever will be grateful to the black stork that…” Myungsoo slowly stopped telling his made up fairytale to Sooyeol as he noticed the little boy had fallen fast asleep. He let out a sigh and carried the toddler up into his arms. Sungyeol had gone inside to put Myingryul to sleep letting Myungsoo handle their toddler. Myungsoo gave Sooyeol a light hug. This child was their gift, and he would’ve been a fool back then if he had let Sungyeol get away.

Myungsoo felt sudden sadness over him. After putting Sooyeol in his bed he made his way around the house to search for Sungyeol. When he found him, Sungyeol seem to was sitting in bed. Myungsoo made his way over to his spouse and wrapped his arms around the tall man.

“Wae? Whats wrong?” Sungyeol asks feeling Myungsoo’s face buried inside his neck. He could feel Myungsoo’s heavy breathing on him as the other held him in close.

 

“Nnnhh….” Myungsoo’s dejected groan muffled inside Sungyeol’s shoulder.

“Myungsoo?”

“Just thinking about back then.”

“…”

“I’m sorry.”

It was Sungyeol’s turn to wrap his arms around Myungsoo’s torso. “Babe, it’s long ago, plus you more than proved yourself. You’ve become such a loving husband and father.”

“I know…but I suddenly thought about it…if you hadn’t forgiven me back then, what would I do?”

“Do you love me and the kids a lot?”

“Yes, of course!”

“Then that’s what matters now.”

He felt Myungsoo’s arms go around him tighter. They sat in silence wrapped in each other’s warmth for a long time until Myungsoo spoke again.

“Can we make another gift?”

“Myungsoo no! Myingryul is barely six months old!”

 

 

 

AN: YAY 2nd Double update lol. Off to sleep I go. Goodnight readers.