Ch. 2

I Miss You~ A Video Call Away

Ch.2

 

    It was the fourth day, and yes, Myungsoo was counting. Only one more day that he had to endure, and then its home free; back to home, back to his kids and Sungyeolie. They had finished the interview recording, and his team were just working on the editing. Myungsoo had finished most part of his write up report before turning it to be finalized tomorrow, then it would be done and he would have the rest of the evening to explore the country before heading back to home the next day.

 

Myungsoo was in the middle of typing up the last of his report and editing the spreadsheet for his column before he decided to take a small break to stretch his legs. He was already back at his hotel, and was already comfortably sitting on the lonesome kings size bed in his bathrobe. He stared at the clock for a second which read 11:45 p.m., and silently cursed himself for letting the time pass without notice. He was suppose to call to check in with Sungyeol and the kids three hours ago before the kids’ bedtime, but he was too focus on finishing up his spreadsheet and lost track of the time.

 

His hands fumbled for the phone flipping through the lock screen. Myungsoo couldn’t forgive himself for forgetting to unmute it after work. Sungyeol had called him three times already. Myungsoo flip through the screen to the his chat box.

 

Sungyeolie: Honey are you home yet? I hope you are staying healthy and eating proper meals. Don’t forget to take a break from inbetween work. I know you always forget to eat when you write your articles. (6:30 p.m.)

 

Sungyeolie: I had to make a quick run to the Supermarket today because we ran out of baby formula! I can’t believe I forgot to restock! I feel so terrible. Myingryul was crying so much because he was hungry =( ...I feel so terrible. I’m terrible...come home soon  S.O.S (7:01)

 

Sungyeolie: =( ....

 

Sungyeolie: The weather suddenly got cooler, I hope its not as cold in Japan,but I’m sure it is. If you go outside at night wear lots of warm clothes please! <3  Are you back at the hotel yet? Call me.(7:03 p.m.)

 

Sungyeolie: I just gave Myingryul a warm bath, it’ll be his bedtime soon. Sooyeol too. Where are you Myungie? I want to call you, but you’re probably busy with work. (7:25 p.m.)

 

Sungyeolie: I called. (7:56 p.m.)

 

Sungyeolie: Sooyeol cried and threw a fit because he didn’t get to talk to Appa before going to bed,…Lol he saw Gozilla on T.V. today and was afraid Appa would get eaten by Gozilla,  so he refused to go to bed until he spoke with you….But he kind of tired himself out after his fit, so now he fell asleep. He wanted to say goodnight to you. We miss you. Please reset the childrens filter on T.V. when you get back, I don’t know how to work it. (8:31p.m.)

 

Sungyeolie: I love you. Call me. (9:07 p.m)

 

Myungsoo felt terrible, not only did he miss Sungyeol’s call, but it sounded like Sungyeol had a pretty rough evening. It was late, but his heart was telling him otherwise.

 

*Ring ring*

 

“Hello…?” Sungyeol answered his face appearing worn and tired on Myungsoo’s device. Sungyeol was holding Myingryul in his arms with a baby blanket draping over the baby. Sooyeol could be seen in view sleeping on the pillows beside him. The three of them were on Myungsoo and Sungyeol’s bed.

 

“I’m so sorry baby! I was working and I forgot to switch the unmute back when I got home. I’m almost finished with the spreadsheet, and report.” Myungsoo said feeling sorry, “ I really meant to call but I lost track of the time…. Are the babies ok? Why isn’t Myingryul in his crib yet?”

 

“It’s ok Myungie just finish your stuff.” Sungyeol said tiredly to him. He look barely awake. “ Myingryul woke up on the middle of the night...and I’m just putting him back to sleep...he had dinner late today...because I forgot to restock his formula…so he is a little fussy. Thankfully Sooyeol is deep asleep though.”

 

Myungsoo felt worst at the sight of Sungyeol, the latter could barely keep himself awake.

 

“I’m sorry…” Myungsoo gave Sungyeol an apologetic smile and received a light smile in return. “I love you baby, and I miss you guys a lot.”  

 

“Mmhmm. I love you too.” Sungyeol said softly, his voice barely audible.

 

The two stared at each other in silence, even though they didn’t speak much, but it was comforting to be able to see the other person on the screen. Myungsoo really wanted to desperately reach into the other side to hold his lover, to be able to allow Sungyeol to rest his head on his shoulders, or to just hold them all in his arms while he the side of Sungyeol’s face. These were moments where he cursed at the distance, and the screens blocking them from one another.

 

“Oh...I almost forgot...you have to buy Gozilla...for Sooyeol...because I told him...yo..u..slayed..God..zill..a,..or ...el.se…” Sungyeol’s speech ended half way as his eyelids started to droop downward.

 

Sungyeol now has slide down from the headboard with Myingryul securely in his arms. It appear that he had fallen asleep along with the baby. Myungsoo sigh at the sight of them. He promised himself that he’ll make everything up to Sungyeol when he’s back by ten folds.

 

    “I’ll remember that my love.” Myungsoo says quietly into the phone and leaning into kiss Sungyeol through the screen.

 

“ Goodnight and sleep well. I love you.”  

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

    The day finally came. Myungsoo took the taxi first thing in the morning to the airport. Myungsoo had book the earliest flight back right after his schedule cleared. The station owed him, he made sure they knew that, so next time, to not pull him out the last week of his break for  an interview with a person “famous” or not. Myungsoo loves his work, but not when he was originally off, and planned on spending it with his family.

 

    Somehow sitting on the flight felt so dreadfully long. Every minuted that passed felt like hours, and Myungsoo was feeling really annoyed. His seat felt like a constraint chair imprisoning him. The raven haired man quickly picked up the habit of shaking his leg impatiently while checking his watch every quarter of an hour, and he swore if there was a delay back he would jump someone.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

    Sungyeol had already known when Myungsoo would arrived from the airport, but it doesn’t stop him from feeling anxious. He had the babies’ bag prepared the night before, but it still seem like there was something he forgot. He was suppose to be leaving the house twenty minutes ago, but he found out he forgot to pack an extra blanket for Sooyeol, and he still hadn’t put the laundry in the dryer.

 

    “Aish! Keys ...keys..keys...where are my keys?” Sungyeol cried out in frustration.

 

    “Keys?” Sooyeol said staring up at Sungyeol trying to be helpful and pulling up a ring of keys in his little hand.

 

    “Hehe, no no baby Daddy’s keys not Myingryul’s.” Sungyeol laugh lightly at Sooyeol’s attempt to help and placing the plastic ring of keys away into the toy basket and ruffling the toddler’s hair. A minute later he spots the car keys beside the paper towels on the kitchen counter. “ Ah, there you are!”

 

    Sooyeol follows behind Sungyeol obediantly as the tall male locks the front door. After unlocking the car Sungyeol carefully placed Myingryul’s car seat in the back, then buckled Sooyeol into the other car seat.

 

    “Appa’s coming home!!!” Sooyeol calls out excitedly with a wide smile making Sungyeol laugh along with him.

 

    “Yes baby, Appa is coming home today!” Sungyeol repeats. “ Are you excited? Sooyeol has lot of stories to tell Appa, and lots and lots of questions to ask him about Japan right?”

 

    “Emmmhmm! Lots and lots. ‘N’ Appa has to tell Sooyeol how he slayed Gozilla!”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

    

    Myungsoo didn’t wanna let go, he was hugging Sungyeol for the past ten or possibly fifteen minutes at the arrival’s wait area in the airport, but people were starting to stare and Sooyeol was getting impatient. Myungsoo was also holding Sooyeol in his arms while Sungyeol was holding Myingryul. The raven haired man then kissed both his children softly before they head out for the car.  

 

    “You don’t know how much of a torture it was for me on the plane.” Myungsoo says to Sungyeol as the two of them moved along towards the exit with their babies. “ At some point the flight attendant asked me if I needed an oxygen mask because they thought I was getting antsy from fear of flight, or something.”

 

“Hn” Sungyeol chuckled at his husband. “ You silly…”

 

“ Hnm...How I missed you.” Myungsoo finished, nuzzling his nose around Sungyeol’s neck before giving him  peck on the cheeks and lips in a repeated motion for a good minute and receiving lots of kisses back in return.




 

    

    

  

 

 

 

 AN: New Update yay! ~<3 Hope you enjoy the read. I'll probably make another update another day or two. As always thank you for all the support, read, and comments. I'm always looking forward to reading you guys' lovely comments. Goodnight <3. Thank you for supporting this domestic Myungyeol theme story, it was a pleasure and a lot of fun to be able to write and have such support. Love you all.