Ch.5

I Miss You~ A Video Call Away

Ch 5. 

~Never Say Goodbye~

 AN: Gosh these chapters took me like a little over 2 weeks  to write because I wanted to just write all in one go with this idea before I posted anything (since originally I foolishly thought I could just sit in one or two sitting and just write out all my ideas as I picture how the scenes go, but I had sooo many scenes playing in my head that I really wanted to be able to expess them all, and with many scenes theres a lot of add /cuts and that took some time.), so I hope you guys will enjoy it. It's not as happy fluffy as the others, but I thought it would be a bit fun (as a writer) to write about their past , and how they ended up together. I really wanted them to start out in a more unconventional way as a couple. Please don't be sad/mad at Myungsoo's character. He's still young, a little bit cocky, and insensitive. Enjoy the double update. Italics are the flashback and, normal is present time. <3 please leave comments, I really love reading them. TY for support always.            

 

Sooyeol held onto his picture calendar studying each word, and picture associated with its Month while Sungyeol was helping him study each Month of the Year. 

                “January, February, Ma..aaa…April…Maay” Sooyeol read on sounding out each Month to Sungyeol. 

                “March! It’s pronounced, ‘March’ baby.”

                “Maaarchi”

                “Yes Sooyeol, March! March! Remember? That’s where Appa’s Birthday falls under.” Sungyeol smiled as Sooyeol was in his lap looking at the new calendar and trying to learn the months.

                “March! Appa’s Birthday! April…May! That’s yours and Appa’s Wedding!” Sooyeol raised his hands in the air and looking up at Sungyeol for confirmation. Seeing that Sungyeol nodded joyfully the toddler continued, “…June…July…August! Daddy’s Birthday!”

                “Yes, August, September! It’s Sooyeol’s Birthday! October, November, and December” Sungyeol finished while guiding Sooyeol’s finger over the numbers of the Month.

                “Sungyeol! I need help.” Myungsoo calls out from the other room. “Where did you put the baby powder?”

                “Busy!”

                “Wae, what are you to doing?” Myungsoo walked in from the other room with Myingryul in arms dressed in a casual black tee and some grey cotton basketball shorts (this was his homely attire). The raven haired man was looking distressed again.

                “I’m teaching Sooyeol how to read the Calendar. The baby powder is in the cabinet on top of the crib.” Sungyeol answers turning his head around to look at Myungsoo as he sat with their toddler on the sofa. Myungsoo left and went back into the other room, came back a few seconds later still with Myingryul in arms and taking a seat in front of Sooyeol and Sungyeol. He clumsily (and comically) pulled at the band of Myingryul’s diapers and puffing more than handful of baby power inside the diapers. Sungyeol laugh shaking his head at his husband’s poor attempt at applying baby powder, and focusing his attention back on Sooyeol.

                “One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten…one, two, three…” Sooyeol ran his fingers over the numbers repeatedly and stopped on May. The small boy looked up at his parents. “ Five…May…That is Appa and Daddy’s Wedding…”

                “Yes baby, that’s Appa and Daddy’s Wedding, May.” Sungyeol repeated with full patience.

                “…” The small boy stayed quiet for a second, a large frown was now set upon the child’s face. “ …Why did you get marry without me? Did you not want Sooyeol to come to your wedding?”

                Sungyeol stopped at the sudden question while Myungsoo snorted from his spot on the other side of the sofa.

                “You take this one babe.” Myungsoo crudely retorted leaning back now as watching the two in great amusement with Myingryul nestled in his arms. The baby giggled while kicking his feet careless in Myungsoo’s hold.

                “Um…baby you came in September, so you couldn’t possibly made it in time for the wedding.” Sungyeol reasoned, but the answer wasn’t enough to satisfy Sooyeol’s burning question.

                “Wae!? Couldn’t you guys waited for me to come?” Sooyeol pouted further.

                “No, no we couldn’t possibly__.” Sungyeol blurted out without thinking.

                “You would have gotten too big.” The toddler’s father retorted lowly while smirking in amusement on his side of the sofa, and receiving slap on the arm by Sungyeol.

                “Wae!? Couldn’t I come sooner?” Sooyeol pressed on. Myungsoo laughed at Sungyeol’s distress from his corner of the sofa. He almost wanted to get up and get some popcorn to watch this.

                “You couldn’t because babies take nine months to come all the way to their parents.” Sungyeol explained, finally feeling at ease with the reasonable answer he had come up with for Sooyeol’s question.

                “Nine? I took that long?...Aww, but I really wanted to go to Appa and Daddy’s wedding…” Sooyeol pouted for a sec before quirking up an eyebrow, and looking back down at his calendar book; pointing his fingers on the month of March before he started to count. “One, two, three, four, five?”

                The toddler looked confused, and tried counting again. Once again as he counted on starting from May, it only added up the five, but Daddy says babies take nine months to come. The toddler eyebrows furrows once again. Sooyeol looked up at Sungyeol in confusion.

                “Why is it only five? Does that mean I really tried to come earlier but still I was late for your wedding?”

                “…Uh…” Sungyeol was once again speechless at his son’s questions. Myungsoo let out another laugh before moving forward to Sooyeol.

                “Hah! Technically you did come to our wedding baby.” Myungsoo chuckled tousling the soft baby strands of Sooyeol’s hair. At that Sungyeol immediately turned to glare at Myungsoo.

                “Myungsoo!”

                “I did? How come I don’t remember?” Sooyeol asks quizzically.

                “Well…you see because you were delivered by a black stork, and they are exceptional flyers, it flies faster than regular storks...”

                “Myungsoo! Stop it! You’re confusing him. Don’t tell him that.” Sungyeol smacked the side of Myungsoo’s arm again in fury.  

                “Well, he’ll find out eventually…Anyways so, this was how it happened; the BLACK stork took some time to fly and since it’s special and extra careful with babies. It wanted to deliver our little Sooyeol safe and sound to Daddy’s tummy, and it’s very smart so it knew all the short cuts that the other plain and boring white storks didn’t…”

                “Myungsoo…” Sungyeol sighed placing his hand to his temples in defeat.

“But…I thought storks that delivered babies are white? Like in the story books?”

“No no baby they come in all sorts of colors, but the coolest one is the black stork.” Myungsoo cuts his son shortly.

               

               

               

____________________________________________________________________________________

               

                Sungyeol shifted in his sleep. He could feel the warm golden sun slipping through the window as he laid under soft cotton sheets. The slender male slowly turned to his side comfortably, eyes opening slowly to adjust to the morning light. He leaned into what felt like a cool smooth “fleshy” surface beside himself; by instincts Sungyeol leaned inward to caress his cheeks against the smooth surface. His vision was still blurry due to the brightly light room. As he rubbed his cheeks on the cool area of whatever the smooth surface came from, but suddenly it shifted interrupting Sungyeol’s pleasant dream. Sungyeol eyes grew wide as he stared at the blank tannish surface that turned out to be the smooth of someone’s back. The shock made him slowly shifted away looking between the of the stranger beside him and down onto his own body under the sheets. The two of them laid in stark ness.

  Two figure stood silently facing each other in a brightly lit room, lit by sunlight coming through white flowing curtains. The silence between them didn’t last long once the “Blame Game” started…

 

 

“Don’t look at me like that! It’s not like I’ve done this before! Don’t blame all this mess on me. You…you seducing me with your catwalk and tight pants coming at me at the bar…I was just there to try out a new scene. ”  

                “Yah! And you think I have experience in this kind of stuff? And just what do you mean seduced you?!” Sungyeol yelled at man standing opposite of him pulling back the white sheets from the raven haired man’s grips to cover himself. “Don’t treat me like some kind of con-artist trying to trick you out of all your money!”

                “Well it doesn’t matter! I can’t deal with this right now. I’ve gotta get to work.” Myungsoo waved his hands before him, and brushed off the other in mid argument. The raven haired man turned away from Sungyeol navigating around the room to try to search for his clothes.

 

                “What do you mean it doesn’t matter?”

                “Ughhh….” The raven haired man groan in an annoyed and frustrated manner. “All this…this is a mistake!”

                “As if I don’t know that!?” Sungyeol yelled back at him, not knowing what he should even do, or say at the moment.

 

                “Look! Let’s just both go on our way, and pretend nothing ever happened. Better yet, pretend we never met…” The raven haired man suggested. “I don’t want to make this into a serious matter. I probably won’t even see you again, and you most likely won’t ever see me again after this.”

               

“….So…It doesn’t matter right?” Sungyeol was shock, even though he didn’t even expected anything from the other man, and much less the man being a stranger; but still, hearing such heartless words coming from the other’s mouth as he said it after their last night’s intimate escapade made him feel sick (and a bit sad inside). The dark haired stranger now had a hand over his face in frustration, and his back turning away from Sungyeol. “Fine! You’re right, we probably won’t see each other again, so if you ever see me in the streets don’t dare talk to me.”

               

Sungyeol watched the other man’s movements in shock. Yes, he admits that the previous night was a big mistake, but at least at the time when he met him; he thought the guy he accidently slept with was a nice person. If he could vaguely remember they had some nice conversations at the bar, and he was pretty easy to get along with, but now as this person stands sober in front of him he was completely different. He could feel his eyes turning bloodshot out of anger, and face red. The other continued to search for his clothes. Sungyeol watched him stopping before some scattered garments. Myungsoo picked up his slacks and was now digging into the side pockets of his pants for something. The other man pulled out his wallet and some papers.

“Here!” He quickly turned up at Sungyeol. Sungyeol’s eyes grew even wider, lips pouted further downward in offense as the other male handed him some paper currency. He could feel his blood starting to boil as it rushed it his head.

“W…hat, gyuwhat is this!?” Sungyeol glared, his voice ringing loudly through the hotel suite. He had never felt so insulted in his entire life.

“Money, take it!” Myungsoo shoved the pieces of paper onto Sungyeol, who glared on at him further. Sungyeol slapped the other man’s hand away.

“What do you take me for!?” The taller huffed trying to calm his breath, and walking as far away from the other man as possible. Sungyeol felt his eyes turning red out of anger.“ I…I can’t believe this!?”

“Oh my GOD! NO! Taxi! It’s for taxi fare!” Myungsoo yelled out in frustration, he really didn’t mean to insult the other guy. He was in too much of a rush to think clearly, or wisely. “It’s for your taxi fare! OK?”

“S..sure…whatever…” Sungyeol rolled his eyes in anger as he pushed Myungsoo’s hand away. He decided it was best to just turn and walk away from this man as quickly as possible. He had never felt so used, and insulted in his entire life. The latter decided to look for his own clothes in the heap of messy linen as well.

“W..Wait…listen…I didn’t mean it that way.” Myungsoo called after Sungyeol as he walked behind the other between the rooms of the hotel suite. “Listen…uh..Guy...Whats-Your-Name…I really didn’t mean to offend you…it’s just compensation…for last night.”

“Compensation? Oh my god! Are you listening to yourself?” Sungyeol yells to himself, feeling extremely frustrated at the other man’s lack of sense. Sungyeol turned around angrily staring at him. “Sure! Then what exactly are you trying to do?”

 

 “You…you just look young…and I thought you didn’t have money to go home…”Myungsoo answers unconvincingly, breaking under Sungyeol’s interrogative gaze.

“OK…so just because I look ‘young’ you assumed?” Sungyeol repeated sarcastically putting his fingers into quotations marks in the air.

“I..I wasn’t assuming…anyways it’s just that I’m in a hurry, so I can’t drop you off since I have to catch the cab back to get my car, so just take the taxi money.” Myungsoo insisted.

“NO! I don’t need your stinking money! God!” Sungyeol scoffed turning away from the obnoxiously dense man in front of him. “ I have you know I’m a working adult! What more, you look even younger than me! But did I assumed?...Ugh never mind…I give up! I can’t believe how stupid this is!”

                Sungyeol gathered his clothes, he decided to ignore the other man, and just leave right after he got everything together. It was better to not involve himself further with this stranger; they could just be off on their separate ways, and out of each other life forever. Sungyeol simply didn’t do one-night stands, and surely he doesn’t feel comfortable being around the stranger anymore now that he’s sober. But, it looked like the other male didn’t want any more to do with him either, so they were on a mutual agreement, maybe?

Surely the both of them had a wild night, considering how the hotel suite looked like a hurricane had ran through it.

They both ran into each other at the club. Sungyeol did not know, for what reason it was for Myungsoo to be there, but for himself; he there with some colleagues from work. They had a gathering after finishing up a rather large project after New Year, and had decided on going straight to the club to celebrate further after having some dinner and drinking. Sungyeol admits he wasn’t fully sober when they had gotten there, but he was conscious enough to know who he was with and how he got there. He got scattered from his colleagues later in the night once they disperse onto the dance floor. He figured he wasn’t up for dancing so he made his way for the bar to sit down a bit. That was when he met the handsome but crude man, the man looked like he had been drinking there for hours by himself.

 

Sungyeol made his way over to the bar, seeing as there was only one seat open right beside a man with slouched shoulders; he went for it. It didn’t take long for the other man to notice his presence. They chatted briefly at first, as the night went on they found themselves lost within each other’s presence. The topic of conversation between them varied from anything to everything, and they found themselves enjoying each other’s company more and more. It wasn’t as if they were looking for hook up, it was rather the opposite. Sungyeol was there for the sake of keeping up a good social working relationship with his colleagues; As for Myungsoo, he was there because he had time. The man worked 12 hours a day as a Journalist, he lived alone, and aside from working all he does it spent his evening cooped up in his apartment. He doesn’t usually go to this type of bar, but his friends suggested it to him, and pressured him into going only ditching him for the dance floor afterwards as soon as the music started playing louder. He decided that he just wanted to drink; he wasn’t even there to make friends, or rather he didn’t even want to make friends.  

Somehow Sungyeol was quite easy to talk to, he was fun, light-hearted, and pretty. Yes, very pretty. He found the more he watched Sungyeol talk the more prettier the other became, and the more he wanted to kiss those lips, because when Sungyeol talks his face just lights up, and his expression becomes so lively that it makes the one who listens to him. He spoke every enthusiastically, enchanting anyone who listens to him, and captivating them.

Myungsoo wasn’t sure how much time had passed between them, but as the night went one they couldn’t help but order drink after drink, and before he knew it they got into a taxi cab and headed towards the hotel districts.  

               

                For the entire day Sungyeol was exhausted, physically and mentally. Physically he barely manage to walk properly due to the pain from his lower half from the previous night’s “escapade”, and mentally because he couldn’t get rid of the image of the raven haired stranger from his head. He knew he had to because he was certain they’d never run into each other again, and before they parted ways he was sure on it since they didn’t even bother with leaving their names. Sungyeol sighed heavily, his heart somehow felt heavy. He couldn’t even get much work done all morning due to the impending headache and flooded thoughts about the handsome stranger that he slept with from the morning.

                “Ugh that jerk! Didn’t even leave his name!” Sungyeol yelled out abruptly as he runs a hand through his hair in a frustrated manner. A small knock coming from behind surprised the tall male suddenly making him turn around to check on whom it came from.

                The director of his department came to greet him ten before noon about their company new advertisement campaign.

                “Sungyeol-ah are you free?” Director Kim came to his cubical standing casually leaning against the dividers.  

                “Uh..ah S..Sunggyu Hyung! Y..yes I’ll free in a bit, but I’m about to take lunch in ten minutes.” Sungyeol jumped from his seat.  

                “Ah good, here is the case files about the new project we’ll be working on in the company. The higher ups had picked you for it.” Sunggyu smiled, his eyes turning into smaller slits than usual.

Sunggyu was Sungyeol’s college sunbae, and they had always been on close terms.  

                “W..What do you mean?”

                “They really like you up there Sungyeol, so they picked you to be in charge of our new advertisement campaign. We’ll be sending you off site to work with Woolim I-News, you’ll be our representative.”

                Sungyeol’s mouth hung open for a good few seconds, possibly almost a whole minute as he listens to Sunggyu speak about his new project. This was amazing news; this was definitely a step up in his career ladder. Everyone had wanted their hands on this project for months, but no one knew who the high ups in the company would assign it to, and for it to fall into Sungyeol’s hands it was an amazing opportunity.

                “Wow, Oh my gosh! Thank you Gyu hyung! This is the best news ever!” Sungyeol jumped up suddenly to hug Sunggyu, and forgetting the pains of his lower half, only to sit straight back down again right after.

                “Hehe, you don’t need to thank me, it’s all on you. The superiors picked you thanks to your amazing senses in interior design and innovative idea.. I mean you brought in so many clients for this company, and we even won several recognition. So thank yourself for that…Although…I did give you a few good words here and there…So…maybe I do deserve some gratitude via…free grill meat lunch would be nice?”

                “Heheh of course hyung, of course.” Sungyeol smiled gleefully. “ Wow…I’ll be working with Woolim Int-News…but…wait aren’t they an international newsletter station?”

                “Yes, and you’ll be working with their one of their journalists for the Korea Home Living and Designs Column. This is big stuff as far as it goes for our company advertisement go Sungyeol!” Sunggyu encouraged on.

                “Waaaaah, this is so daebek!”

                “Good to hear you excited, I was starting to worry if it’s too much pressure on you. I’ll take you over there around after we break for lunch.”

 

                 

                Sungyeol and Director Kim entered the Woolim Int-News Station promptly that afternoon. They were greeted kindly by the station’s staff, and were guided to the upper level of building to meet with their future partners on the new project. The staff led Sunggyu and Sungyeol through a sleek looking hall stopping right in front of an office with glass walls and door that had a plaque hanging right beside the doors that read, “Senior Journalist Kim Myungsoo”.

                “Right this way sirs.” The youthful staff reached out a hand at the door handle leading them in. Sungyeol followed closely behind Sunggyu. The two of them entered; Sungyeol didn’t really noticed anything out of ordinary with the person sitting by the desk, except for the fact that his figure looked oddly familiar. The kind and gentle staff cleared his throat softly signally for his colleague to look up from his position. “Myungsoo-hyung! Mr. Kim Sunggyu and Mr. Lee Sungyeol has arrived.”

                The man name Kim Myungsoo sat at his desk finally looked up after his junior assistant called out to him, the man with chic style and hair slicked upward took a stand; with left hand extended and a friendly smile on his face Myungsoo greets his two visitors. “Ah, yes we had a prior appointment set up. Thank you Sungjong, you may take your leave now.” Myungsoo said smoothly, unaware of the one familiar man out of the two guest. His face quickly changed to a pale color as soon as he saw the taller person out of the two.

If one were to say it’s a small world, it would’ve been an understatement in Sungyeol’s case. Sungyeol didn’t know when this emotional rollercoaster would be over; as he world came crashing down early morning only to be brought up again by noon for a short lived period of time, only to come crashing down once more.

The moment the raven hair man looked up from his desk Sungyeol eyes grew wide with horror, he felt his usually dry hands starting to clam up. He could barely move behind Sunggyu hyung as the other man stood up to go towards them. Sungyeol found himself almost trying to hide behind his older friend.

“Ah nice to meet you Mr. Kim Myungsoo, I’m Kim Sunggyu Head Director of Seoul Home and Living Co., and this is my colleague Lee Sunggyeol.” Sunggyu greeted the other man politely and stepping aside to stand next to Sungyeol. 

Myungsoo could only stay still in his spot, mouth agape at the sight of his new “partner”.

 

“Mr…Mr.Kim Myungsoo?...” Sunggyu calls out waving a single hand in front of Myungsoo and getting no response. The older man decided to brush off the strangeness before him and turned to his subordinate. “Sungyeol this is Kim Myungsoo the senior journalist that’s going to be working with you on the featured column in the Korea Home and Living for the international home interior column…Sungyeol? Sungyeol!”

“…Ah! Yes! Hello Mr. Kim Myungsoo! It’s a pleasure to meet you here.” Sungyeol gritted his teeth, and bowed politely and reaching out his hand to the man opposite of him and Sunggyu.

Myungsoo pursed his lips together controlling the frown from his face to become visible. “Nice to meet you too Lee Sungyeol. I’ll be looking forward in working with you from now on until we finish up the column. I hope everything will go smoothly until then.” Myungsoo took Sungyeol’s hand and winced a bit as he felt the other’s iron grip handshake.

“Ok, now that you two have become acquainted, it’s time for me to take my leave.”

“What!? Hyung you’re not staying?!” Sungyeol accidently blurted out, “I…I mean Director Kim!”

“Yes of course, you’re going to be the one who’s working directly with Mr. Kim Myungsoo here. I was only sent here through company relations.” Sunggyu states plainly, bowed to Myungsoo, and turning around to take his leave. Before the older man left he patted Sungyeol’s shoulder supportively. “ Knock ‘em dead tiger. I believe in you!”

Silence filled the air once more as Kim Myungsoo and Lee Sungyeol was left alone in Myungsoo’s secluded office. Myungsoo let out a heavy sigh.

“…So much for not seeing each other again huh?” The raven haired man let out a heavy laugh.

“Hmpt.” Sungyeol ignored him and began to dig some stuff out from his briefcase. He sets some papers and files on the desk and taking a seat by himself.

“You know, I really wonder how you get clients with that attitude. Believe me, I don’t want this as much as you, but we have no choice but to work together, so you could at least lose the attitude and start talking to me.” Myungsoo states, making his way over his own chair opposite of where Sungyeol was sitting. “We’re going to have to work together, so…”

“LOOK! I KNOW! I know we have to work together, AND I’m trying…I’m really trying to be professional about all this, but you have to understand that this puts me in a really awkward situation! We didn’t just meet each other casually…I mean…we did that stuff and it was a mistake...and…JUST I’m not like that! I don’t just have one-night stand with a stranger and then meet them the afternoon after in a new whole business environment, and act like nothing happened. I just saw you this morning for god’s sake.”

“Ok.” Sungyeol was cut off by Myungsoo’s flat answer. The journalist began to type on his computer, not looking at Sungyeol.

“Did you even hear what I said?”

“Yes, I did, and I’m helping us move on from all that. You know? Gain a professional atmosphere.”

“Emph! I’ve never met such an jerky…and impossible…How did I even think you were cute the other night?!” Sungyeol muttered under his breath, fingers scrambling through his files. “Fine, I’m just going to ignore you now. Don’t talk to me unless it’s anything work related.”

“Heeh whatever.” Kim Myungsoo chuckled. “ So tell me…what exactly is your position at your company? I mean they told me about what you do, but not really thoroughly.”

“Shush! I said don’t talk to me unless it’s work related!”

“Hehe fine, whatever you want.”

 

                By the end of the week Sungyeol and Myungsoo became more accustomed to one another, despite the awkwardness that’s still present between them. They tried best to avoid as much interactions as possible; that meaning rarely having eye contact other than them looking at the same documents, or files, and being at least three feet away from each other if possible. Unfortunately for them the company only allowed a set hour for lunch break, so it was unavoidable that they leave for lunch at the same time, and not take turn on taking breaks.

                “Here you, these are the samples of the latest designs our company are offering. Please include the changes when you feature these in the ‘Innovative, Functional, and Aesthetics of Office Living’ section for the column.” Sungyeol said coolly passing Myungsoo the portfolio binder of his designs. The taller didn’t bother making eye contact.

Without looking away from his computer monitor the raven haired man quickly reached out for the folder, only to come in contact with a warm and slender object. The raven haired man accidently gave it a gentle squeeze. For a quick second Sungyeol hadn’t let go, only realizing what had happen later on made him flinch and pull his hand away from Myungsoo’s hold. The folder falling out of his hand and dropping on the desks lightly.

                “S…sorry I didn’t see…your, um…hand.” Myungsoo mumbled hastily picking up the file folder. He felt the temperature in the room rising as he loosen his neck tie a bit.  

                “I..its ok.” Sungyeol replied in a cold tone pretending to be looking at the files open in front of him. Sungyeol hung his head low to hide the blush that was evident on his cheeks.  The clock seem to go by slow whenever he was at Myungsoo’s office, and the silence that filled the room; other than the sound of clicking pen and keyboard typing was unbearable. 

                They had been working together for a whole week now, and still haven’t gotten over their past encounter. They say first impression counts most, and in this case it became a fact.

                “Let’s take a small breather!” Myungsoo said suddenly standing up from his office chair. He pressed on the telecom violently, “Sungjong! Can you turn up the AC in my office!?”

                “Hyung! AC is already on max in the building. It’s central air.” Sungjong replied sassily through the intercom.

                “Well I don’t feel it! Tell them it’s broken!” Myungsoo ranted into the machine, with a finger he abusively turned off the telecom. His actions caused Sungyeol to let out an abrupt laugher.

                “I don’t think it’s the poor AC, or telecoms’ fault Mr. Kim.” Sungyeol snorted making a snarky remark. Myungsoo grunted at the latte, dusted his suit blazer and took a step to open the side window of his office.

               

                An hour and fifty minutes Sungyeol found himself reaching for his cardigan sweater. The room temperature heightened within the last hour and he could barely feel his own hands as he shuffled through the report. From the corner of his eye he could see Myungsoo doing no better. The other male’s veins has started to show, and his fingers were turning slightly purple. Sungyeol made a mental note not to mess with the office secretary/journalist that is “Lee Sungjong.”

 

 

 

 

                The third week into the partnership, their working relationship made a change for the better. They could laugh a little bit more comfortably around each other. The biggest improvement for the two was eye contact. Somehow what happened between them seem almost long ago, or so they keep telling themselves. One can say they grew rather fond of each other.

                They used to eat lunch separately. Now, they can manage to being around each other’s presence for lunch. They told themselves that it was for the convenience of work.

                “So, about the column…not that I’m criticizing your work or anything, and this is just a suggestion but in a designer’s point of view…” Sungyeol went on suggesting his ideas to Myungsoo. The other male listened attentively agreeing to each word of Sungyeol’s suggestion. He went on listening to Sungyeol’s suggestions, and nodding at a good idea every few seconds. All in all, they made a pretty good combo at work. Slowly they found themselves growing closer day by day.   

                                                                                                                                                                                                               

 

 

Myungsoo sat, eyes focus on the monitor in front of him. The journalist was finishing up with typing the last bit of his column for the day when a loud clank hit his table pulling his attention away from the screen. He stared up at Sungyeol with a sour expression.

“Hey don’t look at me like that after I made such efforts in walking all the way up to the rooftops by stairs to buy you this rare caramel-vanilla canned café latte from the new vending machines.” Sungyeol smiled lightly hand holding up the canned coffee.

“Heh, well don’t complain if you did that by your own choosing.” Myungsoo retorted.

“Hmpt you heartless man. Fine then I’ll drink this myself.” Sungyeol states pretending to be offended taking back the canned coffee from Myungsoo, but the latter stopped him with his hand pulling the canned coffee back along Sungyeol’s hand with it.

“Too late, can’t take it back now.” Myungsoo states with a slight grin on his face. The other playfully tried to pull at the object, but Myungsoo’s grip was stronger making Sungyeol fall back on the desk into Myungsoo’s lap. It took them a good minute or two to realize what kind of position they were in as they were lost in eye contact. Myungsoo didn’t know how he never noticed it before; how large and pretty Sungyeol eyes were. For Sungyeol, he was lost in Myungsoo’s intense gaze as the other male leaned down towards him. Their face coming in closer inch by inch. Sungyeol could feel Myungsoo’s soft breath on him, his own breath becoming unsteady. A good second passed as their lips touched, soon Myungsoo laced an arm behind Sungyeol’s back to support him, and with the other he rested his palm on the latter’s cheeks. Sungyeol felt Myungsoo’s rough hands cupping the side of his cheek angling their faces together into a deeper kiss. The taller could feel his lips being gently caressed by Myungsoo’s soft ones. Myungsoo softly on Sungyeol’s bottom lip a couple of times as if asking for permission to enter. Sungyeol smiled under the kiss and parted his lips slightly feeling Myungsoo’s tongue making its way through, his own tongue responded to Myungsoo’s taking on the challenge; his own two hands now cupping the side of Myungsoo’s cheeks while he sits in the latter’s lap. Myungsoo wraps his arms around Sungyeol’s waistline closing in the distance between their bodies. Myungsoo’s hands quickly traveled around Sungyeol’s back going down lower for his waistline. The raven haired man skillfully pulled up Sungyeol’s shirt untucking it and sliding his hands under it feeling around Sungyeol’s bare skin. Every few seconds they pulled away briefly trying to take in some air before continuing the kissing challenge. Their kisses had to end abruptly at the sound of the door opening. Myungsoo looked up with one eye in surprise.   

“Hyung I have a file___ah okay, I see you two are getting busy.”

Sungjong’s sharp voice filled the room making the two tongue wrestlers spring up from their postion. Sungyeol almost jumped off ten feet from Myungsoo’s lap as soon as he saw the young secretary/ junior journalist at the door.

“S..Sungjong!” Myungsoo blurted out almost violently unable to control the tone of his voice.

“Ahem! Hm…ehem…ahh..hnn” Sungyeol coughed.

“Anywayss…the Chief Editor sent down these…files for you hyung.” Sungjong stated flatly making his way towards the desk. Myungsoo was still frozen in his chair while Sungyeol stood on the side looking like an ashamed criminal. Sungjong made his way towards the desk and placed the folder in front between Myungsoo and Sungyeol. “Sorry, excuse me Sungyeol-hyung.”

 

 

 Myungsoo accepted the files and place them into one of desk drawers. The two watched the young secretary exit the room awkwardly, hoping that he wouldn’t mention anything about what he just witnessed to the rest of the News office.

                By five o’clock in the evening Sungyeol had clocked out leaving Myungsoo behind at the office. After their office incident Sungyeol couldn’t focus the rest of the evening, and decided to clock out rather than staying overtime; he desperately needed to get away from his work ‘associate’ to clear his head about the matter, and try to understand what the heck was going on back there. Sure they had been on much more friendlier terms than whence they’d started, and at times came closer in skin-ship, but never did either of them partake in such an intense make-out session. They’ve only come as close as hand touching, or unofficial hand holding, small smiles, and brief flirtations.

                Sungyeol decided to head for the bathroom to take a warm bath to clear his head when he got back to his apartment. Lately he hadn’t been feeling too great despite work going so well. His body was easily tensed and he often felt a bit fatigue from working too much. Sungyeol had put off the long awaited bubble bath for far too long.

                He splashed his feet around in the water leaning his back against the cool railing of the tub. He could feel soft lavender scents emitting off the candles and bath salts calming his nerves.

                “Bring ring”

                Sungyeol opened an eye to look over to his phone (which laid on the flat railing surface of the tub). He had received a text.

                Kim Myungsoo: Hey

                Sungyeol: Hi

                Kim Myungsoo: Got home ok?

                Sungyeol: Yeh. :)

                Kim Myungsoo: I hope your conscience is ok. Leaving the office earlier and ditching poor me to sort through the confusing file samples you left me with.

                Sungyeol snorted at Myungsoo’s complaint.

                Sungyeol: Heh, I am living with myself completely fine. Work harder KIM MYUNGSOO ;p

                Kim Myungsoo: Hmmm you lousy designer!

                Sungyeol: Yup, I’m so overjoyed I even treated to a nice bubble bath.

                Kim Myungsoo: Bubble bath huh?....>=)

                Sungyeol: Hey! Don’t you dare picture it! What is that creepy emoticon?

                Kim Myungsoo: *shrug* Hey I can’t help it, you’re the one that’s feeding me this information. >=D……___ bye bye *goes off and away with my creative brain*

                Sungyeol: Yah! You !

                Sungyeol furiously typed the last message on his phone and tapped on the send button. He waited for a few minutes for Myungsoo to reply, however nothing happened. Sungyeol sighed desperately as he fumbles through the button. His eyes grew wide in shock as his wet fingers accidently slide to another button. In a mass of panic Sungyeol fingers couldn’t work the screen, and before he could do anything else it was too late.  

                Myungsoo resorted to entertaining himself by bugging Sungyeol via text message, and now was feeling somewhat content. After he got off the phone and left Sungyeol hanging the raven haired man found himself feeling content for the day as if his energy had been restored after the message exchange with Sungyeol. He couldn’t explain what they were exactly; sure they were work partners, maybe even acquaintances, not really friends, but something more than friends, but not close enough to be lovers. It was a whole mess of things in one that Myungsoo didn’t feel comfortable yet to explore. He was young, and at the peak of his career, and there was much for him to focus on at the moment than starting a relationship, however, there was something about the other male that made Myungsoo’s heart fluttered.

                “riiinnnng riinnnng riinnnng”

                Myungsoo peered over at his phone, eyebrows furrow as he checked the screen. For some reason he had received a video call from Lee Sungyeol. With curiosity Myungsoo slide his fingers on the accept call button. It appeared in a flash, but he saw it; he had saw everything. Even though the image appeared only a few seconds on screen, it was long enough for Myungsoo to see the footage on the other side. He pressed his lips together trying to retain a hysterical laughing fit, but couldn’t hold his breath long enough to let it subside.

                The heavens must be blessing him today, for he had witness the most glorious sight; the sight of Lee Sungyeol fumbling madly at the screen trying to turn it off as the image of the other splashing around wildly all soapy and wet inside a bathtub. It weren’t for Sungyeol’s funny movements Myungsoo swear it would’ve made him hot and bothered for days, but Sungyeol’s panic expression in the 3 seconds video was too hilarious.

                Sungyeol wanted to bury himself deep, deep under water. He couldn’t believe his own clumsiness. Now that creep Kim Myungsoo would probably never let him live it down.

                “Bring ring”

                Kim Myungsoo: I guess you weren’t kidding about that bubble bath LOL.

                Kim Myungsoo: Its ok soapy baby don’t feel too bad, I barely saw anything. :p

                Sungyeol: Never call me by that name ever again!

                Kim Myungsoo: What name? Soapy baby? =^-^=

 

               

               

               

 

 

 Myungsoo sat in his office trying to finish up his article. He was close to done until the his partner had distracted him with the coffee the other day and after that other ‘the other incident’  happened; now he didn’t have an ounce of concentration in him to finish up the column, for his every thought had been invaded by the one that’s called Lee Sungyeol. The journalist sighed and bopped his head on the table lightly. His eyes moved down from the desk suddenly remember some files he had to go over (the files that Sungjong had handed him a few days ago). As Myungsoo looked over the files his expression quickly changed into a grim one.

They had worked too hard on this for it to happen now. He knew what this column had mean to Sungyeol and his company, and for to suddenly change this was just too much. He knew if this fails all of his and Sungyeol’s hard work would’ve gone to waste. If it fails Myungsoo knew it was Sungyeol’s career that was on the line; he knew Sungyeol had put so much of himself in this project and it will crush him. Myungsoo found himself marching upstairs to the Chief Editor’s office soon after he had reviewed the file reports that Sungjong handed him from the other day.

“What’s the meaning of this?” Myungsoo burst in through the doors abruptly placing the file folder a tad bit too hard on the Chief’s desk. The man sitting opposite of him stared up plainly as if already expecting the worst from Myungsoo.

“Ah I see you’ve read the file reports.” The Chief said calmly.

“We’re almost half way through finalizing this project! Why would you suddenly do this to us?” Myungsoo challenged his voice rising a bit much too loud to be used on a superior.

“Myungsoo calm down.” The Chief said putting a hand in the air signally Myungsoo to stop. “It’s not me that’s doing this, the higher ups had a meeting and we all agree to focus on the current new thing; There is…should I say more profit in it; for our station if we shift our focus. They have an eye for your work, Myungsoo and want you working on the new project instead. Surely yours and Sungyeol’s project will not go to waste. We’re still planning on publishing the column.”

“What do you mean? How is it still getting published if you pull me out of the project!?” Myungsoo retorts.

“Simple, so long as you agree to drop the current project with Seoul Home and Living Co. and focus your work on this new project we hand you. Since you’re our Senior Journalist here we’re not in a position to force anything on you, but, you see this would be to your advantage as well.”

“But what about our partners, don’t we have a contract to abide to? Isn’t this going back on our word?” Myungsoo pressed on banging his hand on the table, “I can’t do that to them. This is ridiculous!” “Myungsoo you need to look at the bigger picture here. You have to let go of the smaller fish to catch the bigger fish.”

                “I won’t do it!”

                “It’s not for you to say! They know how enthusiastic you are about the project you’re working on with Seoul Home and Living Co., so really there’s no way of going around it, if you refuse to drop it, I’m afraid that project will be canned.”

                “What!? That’s not fair.”

                “Profit is key Myungsoo, you have to understand. Right now the current hot topic is in Architecture, Innovation, and Economy. Interior Design is just a minor; sure there’s money in that but we’ll be reeling in the small fish. Anyways so as long as you agree to it, the current project may still continue. We already have a replacement assigned here to work with Mr. Lee Sungyeol of Seoul Home and Living Co.”

                “Freedom to choose my . You’re really not even giving me a choice.” Myungsoo muttered bitterly. Not afraid of offending his boss as he stalked out of the office in anger.

                Myungsoo brushed a hand through his hair in frustrations at the current situation. For sure Sungyeol would be devastated by the sudden change. Myungsoo was sure he might even feel a little betrayed when he finds out of Myungsoo ditching the project half-way through, but it was better it be that, than the project getting canned completely. In some ways his boss was right, they should look at the bigger picture and he hoped Sungyeol would be understanding.    

 It didn’t make any sense at all. Sungyeol almost could register the new found information when he was instructed to go to a new office early morning as soon as he arrived at The Woolim I-News building from his company. He wanted to speak to Myungsoo immediately but he was informed that the latter had to fly out on other business. He thought they had grown closer than just mere colleagues, but it seemed like he was wrong; considering the fact that Myungsoo had even ditched the project without notice. The latter didn’t even bother giving him prior notice about the whole situation, and in some ways Sungyeol felt a little hurt. They had worked so well together.

Earlier that morning…

“We got news Kim Myungsoo is ditching the project.” Sunggyu said gravely. The older man approached Sungyeol’s cubical the moment he had entered work looking stressed.

“What!?” Sungyeol asks in mixture of alarm and confusion.

“His superior notified us about it this morning, they gave him a new project to handle right now, so they’ll be sending in a replacement to work with you on the column.”

“What!? What do you mean? Bu..but we’re got so far…How could he just…not tell me anything?” Sungyeol voiced feeling the disappointment coming on.

“Don’t worry Yeol, they’re not closing the project. It’s still going to publish, and you’ve worked hard, so I’m sure even without him we can still publish a good column.”

“No hyung! B..But. Myungsoo and I, we’re a team! Everything is almost finished. If I have to work with another journalist that means we’re going to lose more time with reviewing the project…and…”

“Yes, yes I know Yeol... Aish! There isn’t much that can be done at this point. Really, I don’t know how their company works, but they could at least give us prior notice about the change.” Sunggyu complained.

“…”

That evening Sungyeol tried to contact Myungsoo however the latter never picked up his call. When he went up to the Woolim News Building the office staff told him that Myungsoo had been sent out on short notice on some exclusive coverage, and won’t be back until the next week.

A week later Kim Myungsoo casually showed up at the station. They passed each other in the halls, but their work environment didn’t allow Sungyeol to approach him during office hour, making it difficult for Sungyeol to find time to talk to him, to at least get a decent explanation from the other man.

“Bring ring”

 Lee Sungyeol: Kim Myungsoo, come see me at lunch.

Myungsoo: Sorry, I’m busy today.

Myungsoo sigh taking his fingers off the screen of his phone, and going back to typing up his report. Woolim had sent him on a coverage at short notice making him run short on deadlines, and he was tired as hell. He knew Sungyeol was probably quite upset, but as much as he was concerned for Sungyeol; he was feeling quite dead from his trip and the headache didn’t add to the plus factor. Work has seem to magically pile up right after his transfer and his bosses were ing already about due dates.  

A knock came abruptly at his door. As he looked up to meet with a serious faced Sungyeol.

“Kim Myungsoo may I have a word?”

“Sungyeol, I actually quite busy right now, can we talk later?”

“This isn’t going to take long Myungsoo. I just have some questions about the short notice change. I mean I thought we worked well together, so to leave things without telling me beforehand…I don’t know...it was kind of sudden. What’s up with that?...I mean I know we’re just in a joint-partnership, but I thought we kind of got a long a little more than that.”

Myungsoo didn’t really have the time to answer Sungyeol’s questions at the moment, and he’d rather avoid it completely to save the complicated business side of the explanation.

“I don’t know, it’s the company’s decision, so it’s really out of my hands. Please understand. Me being put off the project shouldn’t be something out of the ordinary in this kind of work environment. You should know right?” Myungsoo answers shortly, his head was throbbing and he didn’t feel like dealing with the other at the moment.

“I understand that, but …”

“Sungyeol! Can you not ask me annoying questions right now? It’s just business. These things happen.” Myungsoo snapped, his headache not helping his mood of the current situation.

“Yes, but I really thought we…were a team.” Sungyeol’s voice became small but sullen. Myungsoo didn’t replied causing Sungyeol to disappointedly turn away.

“What do you want me to do about it Sungyeol?”

Sungyeol looked a bit disappointed at the man in front of him. “Never mind then. I understand, sorry for taking up your time Mr. Kim Myungsoo.”

Myungsoo groan in aggravation a big angry at his poor attempt to control his mood swings as he watch Sungyeol’s back becoming smaller and smaller in the distance as the other walked away from his office and down the hallway.

                It was almost the end of January when Sungyeol’s column published. As expected Sungyeol’s hard work paid off, however, the column wasn’t as well received as it would have been; had the two of them worked together. The new journalist wasn’t a bad person or anything, but he lacked the experience, input and insightfulness that Myungsoo possessed. The feature product was good, but there was something lacking in the column itself.

 The other had not contacted Myungsoo since the last time they talked, even though Myungsoo had tried to contact him several times prior the release day of the column. Myungsoo knew he acted terrible, but he was under a lot of pressure at the time; given he had hoped Sungyeol would be more understanding to the situation they were in. Myungsoo found himself a bit offended by the other’s actions; after all Myungsoo did have his best interests in mind, and Sungyeol shouldn’t be holding grudges.  

Patience was something that the raven haired man was lacking, and sadly it was exactly what he needed at the moment. As much as he like to deny it; he was probably wrong for giving his ‘love interest’ such a poor explanation, despite his busy schedule. Yes, he did consider Sungyeol to be his ‘love interest’, but quickly brush off the idea of it after the other lack of response in taking his apology, at times he thought maybe he was being a bit immature about the whole situation; but quickly brushed off the idea, Myungsoo was too busy to let such thoughts get in the way of work. Myungsoo didn’t care if he seemed like he was bitter. He had Sungyeol’s best interests in mind, and yet the other easily ignored him right after his mini eruption due from work related stress. Sungyeol should have understood. Myungsoo really does like him; a lot.

Myungsoo denied it; he denied that deep down he was hurt as well from the other male’s lack of response, or effort to accept his “attempted” apology. He really felt that they almost developed something special between them. He questioned many times, “How could Sungyeol easily gone and ignored him? Or, why couldn’t Sungyeol just understand him more?” If Sungyeol really wanted to ignore him, then so be it.

What Myungsoo failed to see was how seriously he had hurt Sungyeol’s feelings, from the start Sungyeol had tried to forget the incident between them, and tried to maintain a civil working relationship with him. When they finally found a middle ground and actually started bonding Sungyeol admit he felt happy, he really had faith in Myungsoo as a partner, as a fellow colleague and as a friend (maybe someone a little bit more than just a friend).

Sungyeol knew Myungsoo could be rather crude at times, but usually he had a good eye for people; given that he hadn’t known Myungsoo for very long, but he felt that they had a connection, however, the last time he talked with Myungsoo made him doubt that he actually knew the other man at all. That Myungsoo was strange to him; the Myungsoo that didn’t have a dorky smile on his face, the Myungsoo that didn’t spoke to him in a greasy but cool manner, and the Myungsoo that only knew of business. Sungyeol blamed himself for expecting more. Usually the tall male wasn’t too much attached to any old friendship, but with Myungsoo somehow he felt a bit more hurt than he would have with others; and he’d rather avoid getting hurt like that altogether.

If Sungyeol could choose he’d rather choose to never see Myungsoo again, but life didn’t work out so simply for him. A week into February and some horrifying news came crashing down on Sungyeol like ‘Hades’ Comet’. Sungyeol felt sick, sicker than he had ever been; and he was sure the symptoms wasn’t of any common cold. He was felt constantly tired, and often weak.

“Dude, you look terrible. I’ve never seen such an unattractive shade of pale green before.” Woohyun states taking a look at Sungyeol, “Glad you actually asked for a day off.”   

“Ugh…leave me alone Woohyun.” Sungyeol groan tiredly from his spot on the sofa. “It’s too early to deal with you.”

“Why excuse me ‘princess’ who was it that’s such a kind hearted, lovable, and awesome friend that came all the way here out of their good heart and will to attend to you? Who?” Woohyun exasperatedly says. 

“Woohyun-hyung! Yahh, yes, yes you’re the best. Happy?” Sungyeol states still cuddled the throw pillow on the sofa.

“You are a mess, don’t tell me you’re really lovesick over that jerky news journalist?”

“What? Who said that? I’m not lovesick Did Sungjong tell you something weird?” Sungyeol scowl with an offended expression. He had befriend Myungsoo’s junior while he was doing the joint-partnership and they discovered they both were mutually friends of Woohyun. “No of course not, I’m so over that jerk.”

“Sure you are, but hey he’s not that bad right? Considering that he did try to contact you.”

“Hn, I could hardly call that trying…” 

“Hmm I would say calling you repeatedly throughout the day of the week for a good few weeks trying.”

“My mood isn’t good, so I don’t want to talk to him, after giving me such a bad attitude.”

“Right…your moods.”

“Stop being annoying.” Sungyeol scowled punching Woohyun in the arm.  

Woohyun was another friend he knew from college (like Gyu-hyung), although they studied in a different Major. Woohyun studied under Culinary Arts while Sungyeol and Sunggyu studied in Interior Design and Advertisement Art. Sungyeol’s friend had decided to come over for the day to take care of him. They only had known each other because Sungyeol took Culinary as a minor.   

“There there, oh poor lovesick boy.” Woohyun cooed, teasingly patting Sungyeol on the head. Sungyeol couldn’t even retaliated to his friend’s teasing before the nauseating feeling within him came back, the dizziness didn’t help the situation either as the taller had gotten up too quickly to jolt for the bathroom. Sungyeol felt better after emptying the contents from his stomach and returning to see his friend in the living room.

“Woohyun ah remind me to never agree to go eat at that dumpling place again. I think that gave me food poisoning.”

“What!? But that place is so SOo  good! They make the best steamed dumplings! Those big fat mandu are to die for! You’re such a weakling, sometimes eating bad stuff builds your immune system.”

“No.”

“Ugh you just have a weak stomach. I’m perfectly fine. But hey usually doesn’t it only last like… a day if you eat bad food? I mean you’d only get sick for a day, but you’ve been sick for a while now. Maybe we should go see a doctor. I’ll call Howon!”

After they spoke with Hoya on the phone the other man made it to Sungyeol’s house instantly with his Doctor’s kit, and some bag he had picked up from the convenient store. Hoya was another good friend of theirs who was currently at his Third Year in Medical School.

“Hoya, you can’t be serious…?” Sungyeol eyed his friend skeptically after Hoya handed him the plastic bag that he picked up from the convenient store.

“Nope I’m dead serious. All the symptoms you just described to me fits.”

“What? What?” Woohyun nosily made his way over to the two friends and squeezing in-between them to have a look of what was in the content of the plastic bag Hoya had just handed to Sungyeol.

“Huuuaaaah!” Woohyun gasped staring into the content of the bag with an appalled expression then looking up at Sungyeol. “YOU DIDN’T!? You didn’t!? Lee .FREAKING. Sungyeol.”

“Woohyun Shut up, He’s 24 years old, he’s old enough to have a life.” Howon stated bluntly. “Plus I should be the one complaining here! You don’t know how awkward it was for me at the checkout counter. They all probably thought I might be some heartless playboy.”

“But…But I’m like the best friend how did you not even tell me? What is this? You use to go on saying you’d save it until you get married.”

“Woohyun…please not now.” Sungyeol sigh already feeling the nausea coming back. Sungyeol excused himself to the bathroom, taking Howon’s plastic bag with him.

“Did you know about this? Did he tell you and not me?” Woohyun questioned Hoya. The slightly shorter man shrugged.

“Nope” Hoya replies coolly. The two watch a panic stricken Sungyeol making his way over after exiting the bathroom. Sungyeol returned from the bathroom ten shades paler, hold a little plastic stick in hand.

“Hoya are you absolutely sure these things you bought aren’t defective?” Sungyeol accused holding up the sticks in horror.

“That’s ridiculous, the girl at the counter said they just came in stock.”

“They all came out positive!” Sungyeol cried in terror. Woohyun quickly huddled over to the two to get a closer view.

“Oh wow, that means that guy must be a real ‘sharp-shooter’”

“I don’t have time or the mental patience for you sad joke right now Woohyun!”

“Sorry.”

“Well, if you took three and it all says positive that means it should be correct.” Hoya states calmly.

“I don’t believe this!” Denial was hitting Sungyeol hard. The only one time he had ever done anything with anyone, and it came out to be like this.

“If you want to be sure, we could always go to a clinic” Hoya offered.

“YES! Of course, there must be some kind of mistake.” Sungyeol confirms.  

Woohyun and Hoya stared nervously between each other as they watch their friend leave the doctor’s office. Sungyeol didn’t say anything but he seemed calmer than before when had arrived.

“Well?”

“Well, I asked that they send out the test right away, so I’ll be getting the results as soon as tomorrow afternoon.”

“Oh? That’s good.”

“Yes, now I’m hungry! Let’s go eat.”

“Are you sure your stomach can handle it?” Woohyun look over to him with concerns.

“It’ll be fine” Sungyeol brushed off. Hoya stared at his two friends trailing behind them and nodding to himself while studying Sungyeol.

“Yep… definitely positive. My predictions can’t be wrong.” Hoya muttered to himself in confirmation. “All the signs and symptoms show…”

 

Sungyeol his lips preventing crumbs from falling any further onto the paperwork. Sungyeol was sketching out some layouts on his desk in the cubicle. The tall male held the melon bread securely in one hand while sketching with the other. It didn’t need to take more than three or four bites until Sungyeol stuffed the remaining piece of the bread in his mouth before he reached out for a new package. He paid no attention to anything else and continued on sketching; his attention was focus intensely on his paper.  

“Oh my gosh! How many of those have you had?” Sunggyu eyes grew almost half a centimeter wider at the chaotic sight before him. There were open packages of ‘Melon Pan’ laying across Sungyeol’s desk, a box of variety baked goods; such as jelly donuts, taro bread, and melon pan lay on the side corner of the desk near the computer. Empty juice packages and some half eaten fruits shuffled themselves between file folders on his mini shelf. The food on the table look like they had a war with the piles of paper, file folders and paper work on his desk. ohh

“Sungyeol!” Gyu came closer with concern in his voice. His keen eyes could read that there appears to be something wrong with his hoobae. Sungyeol’s expression appears stoic, but Gyu could feel an ominous aura emitting off the latter; despite his desk looking like he just threw a mini office potluck, the taller male did not seem to be enjoying his ‘meal’.

“…” Sungyeol didn’t reply him. The other didn’t even seem to notice Sunggyu’s presence while he was chowing down on the bread and sketching meticulously on the paper.

  “Sungyeol! Are you ok? Sungyeol!”

It wasn’t until Sunggyu made physical contact with Sungyeol for the other to finally notice his senior’s presence. Sungyeol looked haggard. There were heavy bags under his eyes, his face was red in appearance; mostly around the area of his nose and eyes. He had managed to look like a kicked puppy to Sunggyu.  

Sungyeol turned his chair around and looked up at Sunggyu. The man sitting dropped his pen on the paper, reached out towards the box that laid at the corner of the desk to grab out a new piece of assorted bread and offered the unopened package to his superior. Sunggyu wanted to say no, but he was afraid he would offend Sungyeol so he hesitantly accepted the bread.

“Um…look if there’s anything wrong? If you need any help just tell me, I’m your hyung. I could have a word with them to lessen your paperwork Yeol.” Sunggyu offered sympathetically a hand shakily patting Sungyeol’s back. Sungyeol somehow looked beyond stressed. After he had gotten back from working with Woolim Int-News the paper works on their end of the company started to pile up, and the stress must have caught up to Sungyeol; in this, Gyu thinks. Little does Sungyeol’s Head Director knows of his other’s impending problems.  

When Sungyeol left for lunch earlier in the day he gotten a call from one of the nurses at the clinic notifying him that the results from his physical was out and ready to pick up. He quickly took a detour on the way from lunch to the office and made a stop at the clinic. The head nurse there gave him a beaming smile as he she wanted to congratulate him about something. Already, he had a bad feeling. He was too nervous to wait until work ended to open the envelope so he tear the seal from it quickly pulling out the neatly set papers. His eyes scanned through the papers skipping unnecessary information, but stopping at shock at the slightly red-pink ink printed at the bottom right corner.

“+Pregnancy Positive : [ Term : 4 Wks].”

Stressed induced by the news and sudden of reality Sungyeol found himself driving to a local bakery that was stationed near work to indulge himself with some comfort food; before heading back to the office.