Ch. 4

I Miss You~ A Video Call Away

~ In the eyes of Myingryul~







 

AN:  All Italic are in Myingryul’s Point of View,

 

And normal print is the regular story perspective. I hope you guys won’t get confuse.

 

    

 

Every morning when I wake, I get to see my most favorite person hovering above. I call him the Tall One. He greets me with a smile each day by picking me up and giving these warm pecks...what were they called again? Oh yes, kissies. He’d feeds me delicious milk every time the little chicken noise maker rang. If I get too full he’ll lay me over his shoulders, that usually helps me feel better after a meal; although, sometimes I make a messy boo boo all over his shoulders afterwards, and I would fall asleep. When I cannot sleep, or if I wake up in the middle of the night the Tall One sings me songs, but sometimes in the middle of the night when the tall one sleeps, the sparkle eyed man comes and carry me instead; I guess he’s ok but I like the tall one better than him.     

 

    But today when I woke up the Tall One didn’t hover above my crib. The moment I opened my eyes he wasn’t there. Where was he?

 

I tried to turn to my side, but all I saw behind the white bars of my prison was his figure far far away, hunched over a black bag. ‘Are we going somewhere?’ I wiggled myself to get on my belly to get a closer view through the white bars.

 

He was putting something into the bag and so other things that I do not recognize. Where is my favorite blanky? Where are my food supplies? Why isn’t he packing my things as well?!

 

    ‘Where are you going? Where are you going?’ I reached out my arms to him the best I could. ‘Come carry me!’

 

    “Eeeeooooo eoo o eo oaah…eeoou oouu eeo eo!”

 

    “ Aww you’re awake already? I’m sorry! I was so busy packing I didn’t hear you wake up”

 

    “Pick me up! Pick me up!”

    

    “Eoou eo oa! Eoou eo oa eaaouuu ouu!”

 

    I’m glad that go his attention, now he’s coming over here. The Tall One came over! I gave him my most puppy eye look.The tall one cooed at me and nuzzled his face on my tummy. I guess I’ll forgive him this time.I like it when he does that because his nose feels cool. I wrapped both my arms around the Tall One’s face. His cheeks are as soft as the pillows inside my white prison cage.  

 

    “It’s ok! It’s ok I’m here!” He said to me.

 

We went into the halls to the bigger area where the  giant slim box that talks about many things is stationed; the tall one and the sparkly eye man always light to stay there and stared at the box for hours together.

 

‘Ohh my hyung is already awake!’ I smiled and gave him a wave.

 

“Ooeea eeeehh heeheh”

 

“Morning baby, morning Myungsoo.” The tall one says to hyung and Sparkly eyed man. Sparkle eyed man gave him a quick kiss before pulling away. Sparkle eyed me smiled at me and took me from the Tall One. Our eyes met.  

 

‘Was he feeding me today?’ I stared between them suspiciously. The order of things are off today.

 

“Well looks like its time.”

 

“Goodluck baby! You’ll knock ‘em dead today with those awesome designs.”  

 

Sparkle eyed man leaned in close and gave the Tall One the longest kissies. Then the Tall One went to hyung and gave him a kissie on top of his head too.

 

“Be good for Appa today ok Sooyeol. Daddy will be home later.” The Tall One patted hyung’s head.

 

“Goo luck Daddy!” Sooyeol hugs Sungyeol around his neck when Sungyeol leaned down to kiss him.

 

“Knock ‘em dead with those designs honey!” Myungsoo says while holding a fussy Myingryul who was starting to kick his legs against Myungsoo’s chest.

 

‘What is going on? Where is he leaving to? Why is he leaving?’

 

“Ooo oooee ooo. eeeeee eeeh?”

 

“Aww my precious Myingryul, I’m gonna miss not being home with  you all day today.” He says giving me a kissie and poking at my cheeks gently. “Daddy will miss you so much my precious.”

 

I frowned.

 

‘Nooo where are you going? Don’t leave!’

 

“Eeehhh oo oo...eeehhhh eee eeeh *hic hic hic hic*”

 

“Looks like he doesn’t want me to leave…” Sungyeol sighs, pulling the black bag over his shoulders.” He’s starting to frown…I don’t want to go, but I gotta meet the clients to discuss the project before we get anything started.”

    

    “Don’t worry honey, I’ll take care of everything today. Go see those clients of yours. Oppa got this!”

    

    “Myungsoo please!” Sungyeol slapped him on the shoulders at his self-proclaimed title. “Anyways I’ll make it quick, so I can go home ok? Love you.”

 

    “I love you too!” Myungsoo response.

 

    “Are you sure you got everything? I left the instructions on the fridge.” Sungyeol asks one last time just to make sure. “ Myingryul gets extra fussy around noon mostly because he’s hungry again by then, and if not remember to check his diapers. If he’s not hungry or pooping then let him take a nap. I left the food in the other compartment so all you need to do is heat it up…Also remember to put on some Classical music of him after you feed him, its good for his development. And don’t let Sooyeol watch too much T.V. And no sweets or chips…, and soda counts as sugar too so non of that either...and_____emhhm___ eemmm hnmm...!”

 

    Sungyeol was stopped abruptly by Myungsoo with a deep kiss.The other man pulled away; his lips and smiled mischievously.

 

    “Yes yes I know babe, you’re  worrying too much. I’ve got this.” Myungsoo says reassuringly pecking at Sungyeol’s lips again.

    

    “I’m sorry...I know...but you rarely have to handle the kids by yourself...and I just...Ok,I should leave now, before the baby starts to cry. I can see it in his eyes, He’s starting whimper and he’s giving the puppy dog face...Just text me if you have any issues or questions ok?” Sungyeol whispers to his husband, half warning him to prepare himself for the waterworks. Sungyeol gave one lingering look over to Myingryul and waved goodbye to him, before heading out the doors.

 

    “Got it” Myungsoo nodded.  

 

    ‘ Where are you going? Wait, wait, take me with you! The Tall One is leaving! You gotta stop him Sparkle eyed man! What are you doing? Why are you just sitting there?’

 

    “Eeee eee ehhh heee heee heeh hyk hhyk” Myingryul started to cry kicking his feet hard against Myungsoo’s chest, and extending his arms far out towards the direction where his Daddy went as Sungyeol stepped foot out the doors.

 

    Large teardrops now fell from the baby’s face. Myungsoo now felt the distressed kicking in.

 

    “Wae wae wae? Appa’s here Myingryulie. I know your sad Daddy isn’t home with you today, but Appa’s here.“ Myungsoo rocks the baby lightly

 

    ‘Nooooooo you let the Tall One get away! Where did he go?! You’re a bad man...you let the Tall One go bye bye!”

 

    “Eeooo uuu ooou uou ouuu ouul ouu” The baby mumbled between hiccups and tears at his father.

 

    “There there baby, here have this bottle.” Myungsoo cooed picking up the warm milk bottle and trying to feed it to Myingryul. Myingryul shook his head several times before hesitantly accepting it.

 

    “I’ll forgive you for now Sparkle eyed man, just because this is good...’

 

    “Eoouu ou eou” The baby cooed hungrily on the warm milk. Myingryul’s black orbs stares up at Myungsoo intently as he lay in Myungsoo’s arms in content. Myungsoo smiles at him.

 

“You like that? Daddy makes the best formulas doesn’t he?” Myungsoo asks leaning his face down at Myingryul’s forehead and wiggling his nose against it.

 

He is feeding Myingryul, but every few minutes the raven haired man would turn to check on Sooyeol at the dinner table as well. The toddler was still working on his maple syrup pancakes to Myungsoo’s knowledge.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    By noon Myungsoo was almost knocked out by all the Mozart he was listening to all morning. Myingryul didn’t want to stay still, the moment he let him down on the baby swinger, the baby would start crying again.

 

    “Aiigoo...Myingryul why are you being like this. Your Daddy said...you should’ve fallen asleep after your meal.” Myungsoo complained rocking his baby gently in his arms. Myingryul was staring blankly back at Myungsoo spoke to him. Myungsoo had no choice but to take him along where he went around the house.

 

    ‘ But I’m not sleepy Sparkly eyed man...I want to stay up to catch the Tall one when he comes back. He is coming back isn’t he?’

 

    “Eoouu uoo eo euoue o uouu eah “ Myingryul said something inaudible to Myungsoo only to be unnoticed by the older man.

 

    ‘You don’t listen very well. The Tall One always listensl.’

 

    The baby eyes look up at Myungsoo, his face furrows at his father as they traveled around the house, and finally going into the computer room. Myungsoo held onto the baby with one arm letting him sit on his lap, while he was typing up a report that he had to do at home with the freehand.

 

‘Sparkle eye man, why is your work so boring. Let’s take break and call the Tall one.’

    

    “ Eeeaah.ou..ee ehh” The baby spoke.

 

    Myungsoo was focused on typing his report when his cellphone rang loudly.

 

    “Yeoboseyo?” Myungsoo answered swiping his finger to the answer button to see a Sungyeol waving back on the other side.

 

    “Heyy honey, I’m on lunch right now. We’re half way through discussing the contract. They seem to like my designs” Sungyeol says gleefully into the video call. “How are things on your end?”

 

    Before Myungsoo could answer Sungyeol spots the baby in his arms.

    

    “Hiiii baby!” Sungyeol waves again, “ How are we doing right now? You didnt miss me too much did you?”

 

    Myingryul’s eyes light up the moment he saw Sungyeol’s face on the screen.

 

    “Eoouuu ooo uo eouuuuu”

    ‘I miss you! I miss you a lot. Come home now.’

 

    “ You miss me a lot huh?” Sungyeol asks staring at his baby’s attempt to speak. “ I miss you too. You haven’t gone long without me in a while huh? I’m sorry.”

 

    ‘ Emhmmm, and it’s so boring here. Sprakly eyed man just stares at the computer for hours. He doesn’t do the activities.”

 

    “Eouu uu eehmmm mm m”

 

    “Aww is that so?” Sungyeol replies as if he would understand the baby.

 

    “ I let Sooyeol nap a while ago, but this little one just doesn’t seem to want to sleep. I don’t know how you do it baby.” Myungsoo replies “ I wonder whats wrong?”.

 

    “Did you let him eat yet?” Sungyeol asks with concern. Myungsoo nods in response. “ Hmmm...Then I wonder why…”

 

    “Yeh, and he just wants me to carry him everywhere, I can’t put him down.”

 

    “Aww hehe, he’s grown attached to you.”

 

    “I don’t know I think it's something else. Sometimes he glares at me.”

 

    “Myungsoo! Don’t be silly, our baby doesn’t glare. He’s a sweet little thing.” Sungyeol scolds.

 

    “No really, sometimes I think he does glares at me. Sooyeol never does this when he was this age.”

 

    “Hehe you’re just ridiculous, every baby is different. Anyways, I have to get back in a few minutes. Just calling to check in on how you are doing with them. I’ll probably be home a little late, like at 7pm because we’re going to head to meet the client’s partners, but after this deal everything should go back to normal.” Sungyeol reassures.

 

    “Ok, love you.” Myungsoo blew a kiss towards the screen.

 

    “I love you too.” Sungyeol says to his husband before turning to Myingryul and blowing him a kiss, “ And I love you too little baby. Daddy have to go now, be good to Appa. Muahhh”

 

    Myingryul’s lips started trembling again once the screen turns back into the black background of Myungsoo’s phone. Myungsoo sighs and lifts up his baby at eye level.

 

    “Waeeee wae wae... Myingryulie yah...why are you like this to me?” Myungsoo asks hopelessly. “Why are you like this to Appa…If you cry so much Daddy is going to kill me if you lose your voice. ”

 

    The baby looked at him a brief second, eyebrows furrowing again, before unleashing his reign of tears once again. Myungsoo lifts the baby up to rest on his chest and pats it gently trying to comfort it.


 

By 7:00 P.M. Sungyeol made his way home. Kicking off his shoes by the entrance the latter made his way to the living room.

 

“Myungsoo yah, Sooyeol yah...I’m home.” Sungyeol calls out, but the house was silent, only Sooyeol appeared now.

 

“Daddy! You’re home!” Sooyeol runs clumsily towards Sungyeol and hugged his legs.

 

“Sooyeolie, how’s my baby?: Sungyeol asks pulling him up, “ Where Appa and dongsaeng?”

 

“Dongsaeng made a fussy, and Appa didn’t know what to do for a loooonng time, until he let him eat again, then Appa let dongsaeng go poopie, and now they are shleeping on the couch.” Sooyeol pointed to the sofa. Sungyeol look towards the sofa to find Myungsoo lay spread across the cushions with Myingryul securely laying on his chest fast asleep as well.

 

“Aww I guess Myingryul gave him a little bit of trouble.” Sungyeol says quietly careful not to wake up the two. “ And what did you do, Sooyeol?”

 

“ Me?” Sooyeol asks pointing to himself, “ I drew a lot of pictures and made a storybook today about Appa and Dongsaeng! Do you want to see it? It’s really funny.”

 

“Of course, I’d love to see it.” Sungyeol says carrying Sooyeol towards the kitchen island so the two can view the picture book Sooyeol made together.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

From the sofa little Myingryul slowly opens eyes staring up and around at his surrounds.

 

‘Ah, the tall one is back!....but I guess I could sleep some more...for all the troubles I caused Sparkly eyes man…’

 

The baby eyes traveled down from the slim figure of Sungyeol carrying his older brother in the other side of the room in the kitchen area to the sleeping man on the couch.

‘ I hope you won’t take it the wrong way; Afterall, the Tall One is my most favorite person in the world, but don’t feel bad, you’re my second MOST favorite person in the world.’

 

The baby laid his head down once more, cooed comfortable on Myungsoo’s chests and drifted off to sleep wrapping his arms around the sleeping man’s neck and face.     

    

 

~Fin~









 

AN: I hope you guys liked this fun little chapter about fussy Myingryul giving Myungsoo a hard time. If you’re wondering about the babies. Sooyeol looks a lil more like Sungyeol ( of course with a mix of Myungsoo there too) but Myingryul looks like Myungsoo a lot and behaves like him too, so that probably why he’s extra clingy to Sungyeol kekeke.