Ch. 1

I Miss You~ A Video Call Away

    Sungyeol didn’t meet Myungsoo’s gaze; or rather, he was purposely ignoring his husband, the taller male had his back turn on Myungsoo while putting away their dishes after drying them on the rack. Poor Myungsoo had been explaining his throat dry for the past two hours to Sungyeol as to why he cannot possibly postpone the trip to a later date.

 

    “Sungyeolie”

 

    “...”

 

    “Sungyeol, look at me.”

 

    “I’m not saying anything!” Sungyeol shrug, raising his hands in the air before going back into the living room picking up the little things such as small toys and books that had fallen on the floor. “ You gotta do what you gotta do…”

 

    “Come on baby, don’t be like that. Sungyeolie,...Sungyeol, come ...look at me.” Myungsoo ordered, closely following his spouse from behind, then placed both hands on Sungyeol’s cheeks softly forcing their eyes to meet. “Look, I don’t want this as much as you do, but it’s really out of my control.”

 

    “I know! But...but it’s your only other week off in the next six months. Can’t they find another reporter to stand in for you?” Can’t they call Sungjong? He’s younger and hotter! I’m sure a lot people would tune in to watch him on T.V.” Sungyeol complained sending Myungsoo one of his infamous pouts.

 

    “No honey they can’t. Sungjong is on vacation. Plus I’m the senior reporter, as the senior I have to take care of this coverage, the person we’re doing the story on is really famous, I mean famous as in his name is spread internationally.” Myungsoo reasoned before squinting one eye at Sungyeol’s last statement. “ And excuse me! Whose younger and hotter than me? Younger yes...but…aish you!”

 

    “I’m famous! Do a coverage on me! You’re talking to a celebrity who as 900k+ subscribers here! Soon I’m gonna reach 1 mil!” Sungyeol was trying to talk as Myungsoo squeeze his cheeks with his thumbs as revenge for his earlier statement.

    

    “Of course you will, I don’t not believe that, but jokes aside this is for work! Work baby. If they ever assign me to do an interview on you (whom I might add happens to be the biggest internet sensation in the world of cooking and interior design; a hot internet sensation I might add) then I’d gladly be here on the spot! I swear. ” Myungsoo chuckled as he plants a kiss on his spouse’s forehead.

 

“Ok, fine. Work is work.”Sungyeol gave out a small huff in defeat.” But...Sooyeol will be so disappointed his Appa won’t get to hang out with him on holiday break…”

 

“Awe...don’t look like that now. I’ll just be gone for five days tops, plus I promise I’ll stop by the local restaurant hot spots, use my privileges as an exclusive international reporter to win you some of those famous soba recipes you wanted; since we didn’t have time to stop by last time in Japan.”

 

“Hmmm…” Sungyeol pouted his lip upwardly in contemplation.

 

“I’ll even buy you more origami papers, you know the specially designed ones only sold in Japan and interior design decor books.” Myungsoo said while rubbing Sungyeol’s shoulders.

 

“Hmpt, fine.” Sungyeol nodded in agreement, “ But you better call us to check in everyday once you’re there.”

 

“When have I not?” Myungsoo pulled Sungyeol in closer to plant a quick kiss on the taller’s lips before they get interrupted. On cue their little two years old son ran from the children’s (sometimes Myungsoo’s) play area and attached himself to Sungyeol’s legs.

 

“Daddy! ree me this bedtime stowrry.” Their toddler call out excitedly showing his parents his all time favorite storybook.

 

“Hey you only want daddy? What about me?” Myungsoo asks pretending to be offended. “You don’t want both Appa and Daddy to read it to you together?”

 

“Bu...but...Appa allways falls asheep haf way throo the stowrry.” Sooyeol pouted, a pout that very much resembles Sungyeol’s. “Plus, Appa allways read in monotone...he doesn’t make cool animal sounds like Daddy.” The little boy’s statement caused Sungyeol to let out a laugh;in which he enjoyed far more than he should have on Myungsoo’s expense.

 

“I do not read in monotone, I can make animal impersonations too!” Myungsoo retorted, putting his hands up in a paw like gesture and letting out a roar.

 

    “Ahhhkk help Appa turned into a lion and he’s wants to eat me! Daddy help!” Sooyeol calls out in a high pitch voice while running around the living room with his hands in the air. Sungyeol couldn’t help but laugh at how cute the two were, especially at Myungsoo’s fail attempt at being a lion.

    

    “Soo-soo yah I think your Appa is more of a kitty than a lion.”

 

______________________________________________________________

 

“Be good and listen to Daddy while I’m gone ok?.” Myungsoo said patting his son’s head and giving him a kiss and turning to their second baby; who was fast asleep . “ You too Myingyrol”

 

“Hnnnm...call us when you get there ok?” Sungyeol instructed leaning into Myungsoo’s chest.Their hugs lingering before Myungsoo had to pull away to head into the terminal.

 

    “Bye bye Appa!” Sooyeol yelled out. Myungsoo turned around briefly sending his family an air kiss with his two fingers, waving them goodbye..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a short delay in his flight and they had to make a quick stop to board the other passengers. Myungsoo quickly pulled out his phone, a sweet smile painted on his face as he saw thirty messages left on his phone through their chat box.

 

    From: Sungyeolie : Yeobo, I know it’s only been a minute since you went into the terminal, but we miss you already. Sooyeol, Myingryul, and I all miss you. Call me when you land.

    

    Sungyeolie: Myungsoo remember to eat well on the plane. Don’t go hungry like last time! If you are sick when you get back, I’ll be very mad.

 

    

 

    Sungyeolie:........ <3

 

    Sungyeolie: I miss you

 

    Sungyeolie: Call me. I love you

 

    Sungyeolie: I’m gonna sleep soon. I’ve just put the baby to sleep.

 

    Sungyeolie: Ouch! Sooyeol left his toys in the middle of the hallway, and I think I almost punctured my foot stepping on one of the legos.

 

    Sungyeolie: Myingryol woke up again… *head bangs table* ahh I’m so sleepy. I think he woke up Sooyeol too.

 

    ….

 

    Sungyeolie: ZZZZzzz the baby is asleep now. I miss you. Goodnight <3.

 

    

 

    Myungsoo felt a little bad for leaving Sungyeol by himself with the babies, and he knows it was tough to handle two especially since he wasn’t there to take turn with Sungyeol in caring for the newborn in the middle of the night.

 

    Myungsoo’s smile did not cease as the messages went on. He checked the time, it was close to Sungyeol’s usual bedtime, so he figured a short call wouldn’t hurt. Within the time span of two phone rings the owner on the other line picked up immediately.

 

“ Sooyeol-yah stop playing with Daddy’s phone...Yeoboseyo?” Sungyeol said groggily his tired face showing on the screen of Myungsoo’s phone; Sungyeol seemed a bit dazed and disoriented. On the other side Myungsoo saw that his husband was already in bed, his face a little puffy from sleeping, and in his arms lay their toddler who was wide awake.  

 

“But itz Appa! Appa!” Sooyeol explained eagerly pinching Sungyeols cheeks to get him to wake up. Myungsoo smiled at the scene, his eyes turning into thin slits with underlining wrinkles, and dimple lines appearing more distinct than ever; he was laughing at the scene before him.

 

“I’m sorry I woke you honey! But I miss you.” Myungsoo said into the phone.

 

“Ahh...Myungsoo!” Sungyeol eyes popped open at the sound of Myungsoo’s voice, “ You got there already?”

 

    “No, flight’s in delay, so I’m waiting for my next flight at the airport. I’m waiting for the next flight to Tokyo.”

 

    “Hmmmm…” Sungyeol responded skeptically at Myungsoo’s airport situation, “ Well, did you eat ?”

 

    “No.”

 

    “Myungsoo! I told you ___”

 

    “ok ok I’ll go buy something to eat right after ok?! Baby you worry way too much.”

 

    “I just don’t want you to go hungry and get stomach problems!” Sungyeol scolded.

 

    “Alright alright, anyways where are the babies?” Myungsoo asks changing the subject.

 

    “Ugh changing the subject again.” Sungyeol rolls his eyes and scoffs; pulling Sooyeol up to face the screen.

 

    “I’m rite hwere Appa!” Sooyeol calls out, sticking his head into the screen, “ And little brother is asheep in the crib. I helped Daddy put him to sheep!”

    

 

    “You did? And did you help put Daddy to sleep too?” Myungsoo asks his eldest son.

 

    “Emmhmmmm, Daddy is a good sheeper.”

 

    “It’s sleep honey, sleep, not sheep” Sungyeol budded in correcting Sooyeol’s cute slur.

 

    “Shhleeep. Sleeep.”

 

    “Well Appa has to go get some food soon before Yeolie start scolding again. Sooyeol-yah give Daddy and Myingryul lots of kisses for me. I love you guys. Goodnight.” Myungsoo calls out waving goodbye to the camera and giving it a kiss.

 

    “Bye bye Myungie” Sungyeol waved sleepily returning the kiss and Sooyeol was waving as well.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“ Now before setting it in the oven give a light stir to check the consistency, if your mix is too liquidy then you might just have to let it sit a little longer. And if any of your husbands are like mine, then you can let the batch sit waiting in the fridge for a whole week without  worrying if the batch might spoil until he comes home. Seriously though I guarantee you this recipe is the best since I discovered that you can keep it longer in the fridge.”  

 

Myungsoo chuckled at the sarcasm in video on his phone and continue on watching Sungyeol suddenly get out of the camera’s view and a loud wailing could be heard in the background.  

 

“Waaaaeeeaeeehhhhh...eeeeeeeh ehh”

 

“Daddy dongsaengie made a poopie!”

 

Shuffling could be heard in the background even though the screen now showed an empty kitchen with the counter and some baking tools and good.

 

A few seconds later Sungyeol reappeared in front of the camera again looking semi-distresse

 

“Ah excuse me for a sec, it’s the baby.” Sungyeol ran off the the side and returned a minute with a baby in arms and their toddler clinging on to one of his legs. Sungyeol had Myingryul in his arms with a baby bottle. The baby was now hungrily his milk bottle. Little did he know, from behind their two years old toddler had climbs back into his high chair.

 

*Crash*

 

“Woah what was that?” Sungyeol turned around suddenly to meet with the sight of a now wailing Sooyeol. “S..Sooyeol…!”

 

*hic hic hic* Waaaaaaaahhhh S..sp..spage ...tii….” Sooyeol cried out barely making out words. The toddler was obviously scared of getting yelled at for spilling his juice and spaghetti plate on the floor.

 

Sh...shhh shh...it’s alright baby. Don’t cry, I’m not mad, accidents happen.” Sungyeol tried to calmed down Sooeyeol by his head softly with one hand. If one were to say Sungyeol had his hands full at the moment it would’ve been an understatement.

 

“*hic hic hic hic*...” Sooyeol hiccuped trying not to cry.

 

 “Come one we’ll just have to clean it up together later, ok?” Sungyeol reassured, and turning to the camera sharply, “ I’m sorry…”  

 

Sungyeol then placed Myingryul in his swinger with the bottle to attend to Sooyeol and the mess in the kitchen. Sooyeol was still crying in the high chair so Sungyeol had no choice but to pick him up as well and placed him around the side of his hips. With his remaining free hand he attempted to clean the mess.

 

Myungsoo watches on with concern as he notices from the swinger the baby had somehow finished his bottle, and seemingly wanted more. Myingryul let out a loud cry shocking Sungyeol to attention. Poor Sungyeol was now dealing with two crying babies at once. The frustrated male then went to the camera and there was a cut off of the chaotic scene.

 

The image in the video returned to a much calmer scene now with a calmer but tired face Sungyeol; whose hair seemingly was less groomed than before with some strands sticking up on the side. Myingryul was carried in his arms on a second bottle happily, and Sooyeol was no longer crying, but playing with his bear behind Sungyeol. The messy spaghetti accident was no long on the floor, so Myungsoo assumed his husband had cleaned it behind the cameras just now.  

 

“Anyways, thats it for today! Thank you to those of you who subscribe and are watching this video, and if you like this recipe please give this video a like and don’t forget to comment to tell me how it turn out for you. I’ll post a more detailed  ingredient list in the blog. Also, if you want to learn some handy tips and tricks in setting up the table for formal dinners or banquets, and semi-formal dinner you can click here! To go to my home and decor channel. Also next week as requested I’ll be showing you guys how to make so delicious Yakisoba...as soon as my husband get back from his business trip on time with my books, then I’ll show you some awesome authentic Japanese recipes. Bye bye now!”

 

“Eoooeeeooohh” Myingryul cooed in Sungyeol’s arms. The newborn cheeks bounced cutely as the baby made more baby noises speaking some baby language and kicking his legs jumping motion while they dangle in Sungyeol’s hold.

 

Eooeoohh? Isn’t that right baby? We can’t disappoint our viewers now right? If we can’t then it’s Appa’s fault right? right?”

 

“Eoooeeeoo ooo eeeegggoooo ooo.heehehe” The baby giggled, his dowey dark brown eyes staring back and Sungyeol

 

“ You want to say bye bye to our viewers too?” Sungyeol stared down and nodded at their baby pretending to perfectly understand whatever baby language Myingryul was saying and taking his tiny hands to wave to the viewers.

 

“BA BYE” Sooyeol yelled loudly from behind Sungyeol’s legs making the tall male giggle lightly and bending down to pick up the toddler with his other arm and planting a kiss on the two year old’s head.


 

The image of Sungyeol smiling while holding their baby in one arm and attending to their older son with something random in the background faded leaving Myungsoo a longing feeling in his heart. He was only away for two and a half days, and the raven haired man already missed his family so much already. With a smile and heavy sigh the tired reporter clicked on the little “like” button at the bottom right of the video.

 

He had just gotten back to his hotel room, but instead of going straight for the showers he decided to check his phone for any messages or calls from Sungyeol that he might have missed. There were about ten messages and four missed calls, but it was late by now, and he was certain that Sungyeol and the kids had gone to sleep. He found himself getting sidetracked after a few seconds of browsing on youtube.

 

Letting out a sigh, Myungsoo plugged in his phone and set it on the nightstand before heading for the showers. Being an International newsletter reporter is a dream come true, but it’s tough when he has frequent business trips out of the country, and often has to leave Sungyeol alone with the kids.

 

A familiar tune rang through the reporter’s hotel suit. Myungsoo hurries in his steps to answer it.

 

“Hey baby!” Myungsoo says sliding the answer button to see Sungyeol’s familiar face on the screen, “ it’s so late over there already why aren’t you asleep?”

 

“I missed you.” Sungyeol says laying his head to the side. It was obvious he was laying in bed with the ipad. “ I just put the kids to sleep.”

 

“Heh...I miss you too. You got 90,000 likes in your new video and I think you’re gaining more Subscribers, congrats.”

 

    “You saw it?” Sungyeol says blushing happily, “ Well I was about done filming, then Myingryul got hungry and wanted to be carried so I had to run off screen, and Sooyeol actually spilled his entire juice box and spagetti plate all over the kitchen rug.”

 

    “Yeh hehe, I saw.” Myungsoo laughed.

 

    “W..what you saw? Ugh oh no, that means I forgot to edit it out...ugh...now people are probably gonna thing I’m a mess of a parent. How are they gonna follow my anymore if they think I can’t even manage my kids?” The distressed in Sungyeol’s voice made Myungsoo laughed.

 

    “Baby, I think the viewers think you’re cute! That little fumble just adds character to your videos.” Myungsoo says comfortingly. There was a small moment of silence between them as they spent it just looking at each other on their devices.

 

    “I’m sorry.” Myungsoo began breaking the brief moment of silence.

 

    “Hm? Why are you sorry?” Sungyeol questions, his face a little confused.

 

    “I’m sorry I left you alone to fend for yourself.” Myungsoo says guiltily.

 

    “Ani…” Sungyeol waved off seeing his husband’s guilty face. “ I’m ok Myungsoo. You gotta do what you gotta do. You’re working hard too.”

 

    “Yeh, but...I just feel bad, not being there half the time because of my business trips.” Myungsoo sighs.

 

    “Thats not true, you are here…” Sungyeol defends, “ Look, I’m sorry I complained before...but I don’t want you to feel bad.I know you’re doing your best to support us. You’re working hard, so i don’t mind working hard too and looking after our kids. ”

 

    “Sungyeol-yah...You...really…” Myungsoo paused. “You.Are.The.Sweetest. Most. Amazing. Person..On. Earth. I wish I can kiss you right now. Ugh, I miss you so much right now I think I’ll go crazy in the next three days.” Myungsoo continues.

    “Myunggie…stop, I want to kiss you too. Anyways I have to sleep soon. I need to start some designs for a client tomorrow…”

 

    “Aww...but I miss you. Just stay up with me a little longer.”

 

    The two of them continued on not much later with their sweet conversation before they both fallen asleep over their video call. The next morning Myungsoo found his screen was somehow on with the view of a still sleeping Sungyeol in a side view; probably in the same way where he left the tablet last night.

 

    “I love you.”

 

Deciding to let Sungyeol sleep on the raven haired male went on to change into his work clothes; with a quick kiss to his phone Myungsoo slide his finger onto the “End Call” button on the screen.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

~ Fin~ <3

 

AN: I hope you enjoy this fluffy oneshot, hehe some parts I was wondering if it gets too boring, but I wanted to show a cute Myungyeol with kids scenerio. And I hope no one is confused at what Myungyeol does. ANYWAYS I really hope its a nice fluffy balls of feels for you guys. Please leave comments, I’d love to read them <3

 

Myungsoo works for a newsletter/station and he’s a senior news reporter, being that they handle international news, a lot of times (not most of the time) it’s would be common for him to travel outside the country or far on business trips for the lastest coverage.

 

And this one is a little more vague…  Well if you didn’t catch it Sungyeol is a Youtube/Blogger. and he’s quite famous, so he does make income from his videos and stuff he posts. He does home design tutorials and cooking in his videos; but on side now he also does freelance interior design/decorating. Just his jobs allow him to work from home.

 

I might do more oneshots with this family story. <3 Hope to have all your support. Thanks you <3