[EXO's Baekhyun ft.Kai] XOXO

KPOP OBSESSION: My Oneshots/Scenarios Collection

Genre: Fluff


Whenever you looked at Baekhyun, you would always catch him staring and smiling at you in class. You would look away and blush, wondering why a handsome guy like him would even spare a glance at a girl like you.

Does he like me? Was he even looking at me? I'm 99.999% sure that he was. 

Your friend thinks that he likes you, but you thought otherwise. You were worried that it was just all a misunderstanding and was afraid to get your heart broken. You tried your best to ignore him, but the possibility of him liking you lingered in your mind. As time passed, you started to develop feelings for Baekhyun.

One day during break, you decided to tell your friend about it.

"What?! Y/N, you like Byun Baekhyun?!" Your friend said a little too loudly.

You shushed her and frantically looked around the classroom. No one else was inside the room except for Kai who was listening to music in the seat behind you. 

"Shh!! Yes, I do. Can you please not announce it to the whole world?"

Your friend dropped her voice into a whisper. "You should confess to him~! He likes you, and you like him. He's probably too shy to confess to you~."

What if he doesn't like me? What do I do then? But...what if he actually does like me?

You hesitated before saying "Ok...Fine, I'll do it today."

Kai suddenly got up from his seat, walked out, and slammed the door behind him. 

Your friend made a face. "Jeez, what's his problem?" 

You shrugged. I wonder what happened...I hope everything is okay.

 

By lunchtime, you finished a heartfelt letter of confession, sealed it inside an envelope, and placed it in your backpack. You looked for Baekhyun and found him talking with some friends by the lockers. With a nervous heart, you approached him and took the envelope out from your backpack. 

"This is for you..." You said shyly as you handed him the letter with shaking hands. You avoided eye contact as Baekhyun looked at the envelope and looked back at you. He ripped open the envelope, took out the papers, and laughed. 

"Haha! Is this some sort of joke? I don't need this..."

Having heard enough, you turned away from him and ran. You tried to cover up your face as tears ran down your cheeks. 

Why did I have to fall for him? I should've  been more careful...I should've known.

 

You kept on running through the halls until you accidentally bumped into someone. 

"Whoa, whoa. What's the rush?" Kai asked. 

You looked away, but Kai got a glimpse of your face. 

"Y/N?! What happened?!! Are you okay?" 

You tried to leave, but he caught your wrist. 

"Who-" Kai thought for a moment and came to realization.

"No, don't tell me that he-." Kai said to himself.

He looked at you with worried eyes and dragged you to the school's rooftop. At the rooftop, Kai sat you down on a bench and took a seat next to you.

"Look at me." Kai said. 

You slowly turned to face him and he gently wiped the tears from your face. 

"Tell me what happened." He said. 

You explained everything and Kai abruptly stood up, holding up a fist. "That little bastard...I'm going to kill-."

Your eyes widened and you pulled on his sleeve. "No Kai, you'll only make things worse...and I don't want to see him get hurt..."

You started to tear up again and Kai's eyes softened as he sat back down.

He then gently pushed your head onto his shoulder and slightly smiled. Kai had feelings for you, but he couldn't bring himself to confess because he knew that you liked Baekhyun. 

"How did you know about this place?" You asked. 

Kai sighed. "I usually come here whenever I feel stressed or depressed. Being up here helps me to escape from everything." 

You thought for a moment and asked "Did you come here this morning?" 

"Huh?" 

You lifted your head off his shoulder and he gave you a confused look. 

"During break, you left the classroom and slammed the door angrily. Is everything okay?"

Kai turned red. He acted that way because he overheard that you were going to confess to Baekhyun and was frustrated with himself for not being able to confess to you.

Kai let out a nervous laugh. "Hehe, there you go again...worrying about others when you should be taking care of yourself~..." He said as he ruffled your hair.

Kai started to sweat and his leg started shaking. He closed his eyes after building enough courage to confess...and said "Hey y/n? I li-." 

BRINGG!

The bell rang, interrupting Kai's confession.

"I guess it's time for us to go back to class. Thank you for comforting me, Kai. I feel a lot better now." You gave Kai a hug and he froze up.

As you went back to class by yourself, he remained standing there in shock. Kai placed his hand over his heart and felt it beating hard. He smiled to himself and slightly blushed.

Kai sighed and looked up towards the sky as he finished his sentence. 

"I like you, y/n."


After class ended, your teacher asked you to stay behind. 

"Yes Mrs.Kim?" 

"Y/N, I need you to stay after school to help me file these papers."

Mrs.Kim lifted up a huge stack of papers and dropped them on the table. "I need them done by today."

Why me?? Did I do something wrong?  

As if she could read your mind she said "You're one of the only students whom I can trust. Please help me on this." You sighed and nodded. 

 

You were left alone in the class room and kept on filing papers until 5:30 pm. 

"YES! I'm finally DONE!" You shouted with joy. You grabbed your stuff and walked out the door finding a path of rose petals on the floor leading them somewhere. 

"What the?"

The hallway lights were dimmed and electronic candles lit up the pathway. You decided to follow it and found heart post-its on the walls. You took them off and collected them one by one.

 

I lost my mind, the moment I saw you.

Just once, I want to walk side by side with you.

I will trust you, protect you, and comfort you.

Your shy smile and gentle eyes...

I want to hug you, what do I do?

I will be on your side.

 

Who could this be? I never knew I had a secret admirer...

At the end of the path you found yourself in the dark music room, with a single chair in a spotlight. You walked over and found last note. 

 

Please just give me a chance. take a seat, and listen to my heart.

 

You sat down and a single light shone on the piano. Sitting on the piano, smiling at you was...Byun Baekhyun. 

What?! He was the one behind all this?

You listened attentively as he skillfully played the piano. His beautiful filled the room as he began to sing an acoustic version of XOXO.

"Day by day, I secretly wrote you a letter. And that’s what I wrote at the end. Although I’ve never given it to you~." 

You let out a laugh when he attempted the rap parts which made him blush, but he continued anyway. 

"Is your heart a yes or no? Give me a sign, X or O. It’s no fun to wait~. Should I take courage and tell you? My ugly handwriting, this embarrassing letter. These four words are not enough. Like a man, I’ll show you through my actions. I XOXO you, every day in my dreams XOXO~."

When he finished, he came over to you holding a bouquet of flowers.

Your eyes sparkled as you looked at him and you couldn't stop smiling. 

"Beautiful flowers for the most beautiful and delicate girl in the world~."

You smiled widely as he handed you the bouquet, but you then remembered about what happened during lunch. 

"But why did you-." You started to say.

Baekhyun quickly fumbled through his pockets and took out the envelope that you gave him. He took out the piece of paper and showed it to you.

Baekhyun chuckled. "Um you gave me a coupon for bras at Victoria Secret..." 

You face palmed yourself. Aish. I'm such a pabo! I must have grabbed the wrong envelope!

Baekhyun laughed. "I mean like, 2 for $10 sounds like a pretty good deal...but I think I'll pass~. Haha."

"Sorry about that...I accidentally gave you my aunt's coupons...Wait. How did you find out that I was trying to confess to you?" 

"I followed you when you ran away, and I overheard you and Kai talking at the rooftop...I'm so sorry for hurting you."

You laughed and gave him a tight hug. "No, it's my fault for being so stupid and handing you the wrong envelope. Thank you for setting up this event for me. It was very sweet of you."

Baekhyun smiled. "I'm glad you liked it~. I had to promise Mrs. Kim that I would help clean her classroom if she helped me to make you stay at school for a couple of hours."

You felt touched. "You were willing to sacrifice your free time for me?"

"Oh course~!! Now...where's my kiss?"

You looked at him funny. "Kiss?"

"Yeah~! Weren't you listening to the song? XOXO means hugs and kisses~! You gave me a hug, so now where's my kiss?" Baekhyun said as he puckered his lips cutely.

"No kiss~." You said teasingly.

"Okay, fine. Then show me the letter that you wrote for me!"

Your eyes widened. Oh no...It's so embarrassing... 

"No!!" You protested.

Baekhyun spotted your backpack on the floor and tried to make a run for it. Before he ped your backpack, you turned him around and gave him a sweet long kiss on the lips. 

Baekhyun smiled and looked at you lovingly as he pulled you close.

"Y/N, you're my one and only XOXO L.O.V.E~."  


Author's Note: Poor Kai who never got the chance to confess...Second male lead syndrome! Hmm should I come up with a happy ending for him too?