the five times she said sorry; wooyoung/taeyeon

2PM Story Collection

 

the five times she said sorry.
 
Rating: G
Genre: Romance
Length: 733w.
Pairings: Wooyoung/Taeyeon
Summary: the five times Kim Taeyeon said sorry

A/N: In celebration of Taeyeon texting Wooyoung in a radio program. :) very rushed and messy. sorry :(

 

one.

The first time they met, she had bumped her back against him as she was escaping from her boyfriend's tickles. She almost lost her balance, but Wooyoung steadied her, so she whipped out her head to face him and bowed, a sheepish smile curled up her lips before that magic word came out from her cherry lips. She proceeded on to leave him and went back to poking his boyfriend, blaming him for making her give off such a bad first impression into a stranger. Not like Wooyoung minds, from then on that first encounter was embedded in Jang Wooyoung's memories, etched so deep that even if he wished to erase it, he found himself unable to do so.

He learnt that her name is Kim Taeyeon, secretary of the student body, lead singer of their school choir and girlfriend of the captain of basketball team. That she's a kind hearted soul that spends her spare time volunteering in orphanages and that her shampoo smells like citrus and vanilla, a scent he sometimes could still feel lingering around him like a haze.

two. 

The second time was when he saw her running off to his secluded part of the school. She said sorry for coming into his territory (territory? Wooyoung cant help but scoffed inwardly, what is this, the animal kingdom?) but he couldn't help to say no when he looked up to her eyes that brimmed with tears. She asked if she could sit a while with him and he could only nod numbly.

She told him that her boyfriend cheated on her, and after she's done telling her story, he lets her linger in a comfortable silence. When the bell rang, she stood up and thanked him, and he thought he almost died when she gave him an angelic smile, "I'm Kim Taeyeon" she said. It took everything for him not to say "I know", and he was satisfied when he finally managed to say "Jang Wooyoung" without stuttering.

three.

The third time was when she made him wait for three hours in the midst of pouring rain. Wooyoung has grown wary of waiting, and instead of being angry he was worried sick because she couldn't be contacted. His mind starts to run through every worst possibility that could have happened to her, and he paced around the place in circles so fast that everything else is a blur to him. When she appeared, he found all his worries sizzled and disappeared along with the puffs of air from her lips. He took her in his arms, hands so easily cupped the back of her head and he whispered a sincere "Thank God you're alright" Into her ears.

"Oppa, I'm sorry for making you worry." 

He feels his knee gave way when he heard her call him 'Oppa', but turns out it is also because he was very close into running a high fever.

four.

The fourth time was when he confessed to her before their graduation. She said sorry, that even though she enjoys being with him, she is leaving to study abroad in a week's time, and that she doesn't believe in long distance relationship. 

five.

The fifth time took three years two months fifteen days eleven hours fifty-six minutes and thirty-five seconds of waiting. When his eyes finally come in contact with hers in the airport, his heart was thumping so loudly it almost feels he is back in highschool, with his silly highschool crush. When she finally fall into step in front of him, her smile widens, and the first sentence he heard from her lips made up for all the years he spent waiting, and all her apologies right from the very start.

"Sorry for making you wait" she said, cheery with a hint of smile playing off her lips. She was still the same, despite looking more radiant than ever. When she finally linked her hands with his, he knew that happy ending is finally reachable. From then on, Jang Wooyoung was certain that he would never have to hear Kim Taeyeon utter another word of sorry ever again, because he would never fail to silence her with a kiss before the word comes out of her lips. Every single time.