wink machine

2PM Story Collection

 

 

wink machine.
nichkhun-centric; khunho if you squint; pg; 384w
no one seems to realize that Nichkhun, as perfect as he is, has his own series of self doubts.


A/N: Envisioned to happen on Idol Army days, where Jay is still a part of 2PM, hence is why he is still in here. 

 

 

"You know, i'm not a wink machine, You don't put in a 500 won and get one wink~" he said, and the set exploded in laughter at his awkward rebuttal and his awkward Korean in general. Didn't they know that he really said that out of spite and not just to be funny?

But he winked anyway (because its part of his job description) and the place went into chaos as the guest stars and all the female staffs squealed in unison. But no one saw the dejected look in the man dubbed as the thai prince. 

Junho had told him a few times that he is jealous that Nichkhun always gets a good response (and too much airtime) for anything that he does, even when he is just being clueless because he really, really doesn't get what people are actually saying. 

But Nichkhun doesn't tell him that he is actually jealous of the younger member, whose talents are so full to the brim that everyone could see clearly that Lee Junho is made up of pure talent (and a little too much , but that’s another story). The Lee Junho who won over Superstar Survival against other equally talented people purely because of his talent. Nichkhun is jealous, that Junho is recognised because of his dance and vocal talents, whereas Nichkhun's recognition only comes something that couldn't even be counted as a talent. It's a gift, he mused, not a talent.

So Nichkhun tried harder to become better, sometimes at the expense of the other members, by kidnapping Junho to stay back after practice teach him dance, sneaking into Junsu's room for impromptu vocal lessons, tagging along Jaebum's gym visits, nagging at Wooyoung to teach him some variety show skills in exchange for English lessons or forcing Taecyeon not to speak English to him.

The next time they praised him in broadcast for speaking Korean better than Jaebum and Chansung combined, Nichkhun beamed with a newfound happiness. The road is still long, he told himself, but he knows that he is on the right path, with the right companions.