sacrificing dreams

2PM Story Collection

sacrificing dreams.
Jason/Pilsook; pg; 511w
pilsook regrets, but it's too late to take it all back.


A/N: This is as a response to the Jason/Pilsook confrontation scene in episode 9 of Dream High, written straight away at the time of airing so some things might not make sense in the context of the story. if you haven't watched that, you might not get it, sorry :(

 

 

He exits the room quickly, shoulders brushing against hers. She stumbles and finds her back on the lockers at the magnitude of what she has done. She exhales and breathes in more than necessary, eyes slowly turns glassy as a layer of sincerity clouded her eyes.

I'm sorry Jason, but I did this for you.

At the beginning, Pilsook was so sure that this is the right thing to do, but now she isn't sure anymore. 

The way he is cruising life so easily without a dream stresses her out. While she, Samdong and Hyemi had to try so hard, break their backs and almost get robbed off their dreams trying to realize it, he had cruised so easily as though everything is a joke.

So she reprimands him a little. She has braced herself for the worst, but she miscalculated the effect that he has on her. It still rings in her ears, that one sentence he said before he stormed off. It's still clear in her vision, the way his eyes bore through hers in flashes of searing hurt and anger. 

"No, that's something that a fan who doesn't know her boundaries will do" 

Maybe she is in no place to reprimand him, even when it's out of genuine concern, even if she had to hurt herself first and throw away the chances of them ever working out. Maybe she is in no place to reprimand him, who is she anyway? Who is she to overstep the boundary and tell him what he should do? She's nothing to him, and it's probably the best that it stays that way.

She know more than anyone that that no matter how hard she tries, she would probably never be on the same step with him. She knows, if she pushes him to try his hardest, he will move further and further away from her, and she will be two steps further from realizing her dreams, but it's okay, because that's what is best for him. 

Yes, her dreams involves singing on a stage, seeing her parents' proud face when she finally made it on TV, but since she got accepted into Kirin, it involves another person. One with warm eyes and cheeky smiles that always accepted what she gives him without question. One who she has given her heart to without ever wanting it back. One who she reminds herself of whenever she needs that extra push when she still needs to do two hundred sets of jump.

She doesn't regret anything she said, even if it means that from now on he will avoid her like a plague, and the chances of them ever being together dwindle down next to zero.

It is all sorts of ironic that Pilsook has gathered enough courage to help him chase his dreams from giving up on her own.

Pilsook wishes Jason knows that sometimes you have to hurt others to help them, and in the meantime she will keep reminding herself that sacrificing her dreams for his, is what a sincere fan will do.