Chapter 2

Latte Art
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan’s POV

I lay limp on my bed, exhausted from all the practice my body had been pushing itself for. Final presentations were only a few days away and the pressure’s starting to really gnaw on my consciousness. I felt heavy, numb, and sore all over.

“I’m dying,” I whined like a child. “You’re not the only one,” Kai, my roommate, said from across the room. He was on his bed watching a video of our recent practice.

We’re both Performing Arts major and even classmates with almost all of our classes. It’s nice to have your roommate suffering the same way as you, isn’t it? I internally chuckled at my thought.

Kai’s a nice guy plus a great dancer. I’m lucky to have him as my classmate, roommate, and friend.

“Ne~ Kai~” I cooed. I heard him sigh. “No, I won’t go to the café with you,” he told me. I gaped at his answer.

“How did you know I was going to ask you that?” I asked him. “You’re predictable, Luhan. You always love going to Café Love,” he chuckled.

A chuckle escaped my lips. It’s true though. Café Love is my haven. “It’s a nice place to be,” I happily mumbled.

He scoffed. “Yeah, right! If I know you love going there because Minseok works there,” he teased.

I threw a pillow at him. “Shut up,” I muttered. “That’s not it,” I denied.

Kai suddenly laughed out loud. I stared at him with apprehension.

Is my roommate going crazy?

“It’s obvious you’re whipped with the barista!” he said between laughs.

I puffed my cheeks in annoyance. “I’m not whipped!” I grumbled. Kai laughed even louder.

I threw my hands in the air. “Fine! I’m whipped! freaking whipped!” I screamed in exasperation.

Kai stopped laughing and looked at me. “You should confess you know,” he said as he threw back the pillow I threw him.

I sat up then hugged the pillow to my chest. “I can’t,” I grumbled. My roommate tilted his head to the side. “And why not?” he asked.

“Because Minseok is a perfect human being. So perfect he might be the reincarnation of God himself. He’s at the top of the pyramid of everything good and beautiful; he’s the smartest person I know aside from Einstein; he’s one of the greatest people who has graced the Earth with his existence; Kim Minseok is simply the epitome of perfection,” I said in one breath.

Kai stared at me with an eyebrow raised. “That’s your reason?” he asked in disbelief. I simply nodded my head.

He shook his head and grumbled a few words I couldn’t comprehend. I’m sure though I heard ‘stupid’ and ‘lovesick fool’ somewhere in the middle.

“You can’t understand Kai. It’s… it’s just,” I sighed. “You just can’t understand,” I said as I shook my head.

“Okay, fine. I won’t push you to confess,” my roommate sighed. “But you better confess soon. As you said, he’s perfect. And I’m sure you’re not the only one pegging him,” Kai advised.

I smiled at my good friend. “Okay,” I told him.

Kai then got up from his bed and grabbed his coat. “I’ll be in the practice room if you need me,” he told me before going out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter