Chapter 1

Latte Art
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan's POV

Every day at exactly 4 pm, I would enter the doors of my favorite cafe. It was near my university, so stopping by has become a routine. The cafe only had a few tables and couches yet the place would always be packed with people - students and employees alike.

The interiors give off a cozy feeling. The warm lights, the coffee bean aroma, and the knitted blankets - it's like a cabin in the mountains!

The small cafe is nothing like Starbucks or Seattle's Best but it's still my home, my go-to place, my haven.

I looked at the sign board at the entrance. "Cafe Love," I read the familiar letterings. Every has already been embedded on my memory, permanently ingrained in the depths of my heart. A smile instantly formed on my lips.

When I opened the door, my nose was instantly greeted with the alluring aroma of various coffee beans. I inhaled instinctively.

"Heavenly! I could never get sick of this!" I happily hummed.

I made my way to the counter and pleasantly looked at the menu.

What to drink today Lu?

"Luhan-ssi! Welcome! What are you having today?" I suddenly heard from the counter. My ears instantly perked up.

The familiar lovely and sweet voice made my smile grow, my heart beat faster, and my cheeks flush red. My eyes automatically met with his - the queasy and tingly feeling still there even after for so long.

"Minseok-ah! Hello!" I greeted with a smile. My voice and face were trained to stay calm in this person's presence. I won't forgive myself if I ever stuttered or if my voice cracked again. I wouldn’t forgive myself either if my smile was too awkward or unnatural again.

I just couldn't.

Behind the counter was the only person who would ever make me feel flustered and awkward – Café Love’s barista, Kim Minseok.

He's the nephew of the owner and is currently a Psychology major at my university. We’re not exactly close, but we’re still good friends.

From what his uncle has told me, he's quite the achiever. Minseok’s one of the few who were granted a full scholarship by the university's president. Obviously he’s one smart kid.

Minseok's rather the epitome of a perfect student. Good grades and an awesome personality, he's certainly one of the most popular at school.

He's even the vice president of the university student council! Isn't he just perfect?!

"Luhan-ssi, Luhan-ssi, Luhan-ssi!"  Minseok's voice brought me back from my reverie. "Are you okay?" he worriedly asked. I quickly composed myself then nodded. "I'm good. Just sleepy, that's all," I reasoned. He nodded in understanding.

Since final exams are fast approaching, and being in the Performing Arts department like myself, means performances for different subjects. Exhaustion’s taking its toll on my body from all the practice I've been doing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter