Chapter 3

Latte Art
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minseok’s POV

Baekhyun was sobbing in my arms. The young singer was heartbroken to say the least – he was a mess of all of sorts.

His usually styled hair was damp with sweat. His usually clean clothes were wrinkled and stained all over. His usually bright and laughing face was pale and dead. His usually smiling eyes were now lifeless and dull. My heart ached for my good friend.

“Baekhyun-ah what happened?” I asked him in a soft voice.

We were supposed to meet up a while ago but when he didn’t show up, I got worried so I looked for him. When I found him in the empty practice room, he was already in this state. I quickly embraced him in comfort.

 “K-K-Kris….” Baekhyun stuttered. Then it all clicked in my head.

Kris was a teacher assistant in our department. He was a good friend of Junmyeon, the University Student Council’s president. Junmyeon introduced him to me not long ago and we quickly became friends since we were close in age. I introduced him to Baekhyun and Jongdae soon after.

After that, Baekhyun and Kris got closer to each other. As far as I know, they were unofficially dating.

“What happened, Baek?” I asked my friend again.

The frail body in my arms shook as Baekhyun continued to sob, ignoring my question.

I hugged him closer to my chest while whispering words of comfort.

“M-Minseok ah~” Baekhyun stuttered again. I shook my head. “Shhh~ Baekhyun ah~ Shhh,” I shushed my friend.

As much as I wanted to know what happened with them, I’m more worried with Baekhyun’s state right now. If people were to see us right now, they’d surely misunderstand.

Bright light suddenly blinded my eyes. Baekhyun and I both gasped. The lights to the practice room suddenly and my head quickly snapped to the door’s direction.

Who’s there? My heartbeat quickened in worry. This is not good!

When my eyes finally adjusted to the light, I recognized the person standing by the door instantly. My eyes widened in shock and panic.

“Lu-Luhan,” I stuttered as I said his name.

! ! !

I cursed my luck. Of all the students who would see us, it had to be Luhan.

Of all people, why Luhan?!

I felt Baekhyun hide in my chest. I gave his arm a reassuring squeeze.

“It’ll be okay,” I whispered to him. He meekly nodded his head.

I seriously hope it’ll be okay.

“Luhan, it’s not what you think,” I told him as I released Baekhyun from my arms.

I slowly stood up and made my way towards the shocked student.

Luhan stepped back as I took a step forward. There was a painful tug on my heart when I noticed he was backing away and from me too.

I was starting to get uneasy. My heart was beating frantically in panic and worry.

Luhan stared at the floor and started shaking his head.

“No. No. No,” he said as he continued to shake his head. My right arm slowly reached out for him. “Don’t come near me,” I heard Luhan say. No.

“Luhan it’s not-“ I tried to tell him again but he suddenly lashed out at me.

“DON’T COME NEAR ME!” he screamed.

My body stood frozen in place. His voice was laced with fury and I could sense a hint of betrayal too. I involuntarily flinched at his tone.

Luhan stared at me then to Baekhyun. I could hear my heart breaking.

No Luhan. It’s not what you think. I tried to open my mouth.

“I’m sorry I disturbed such an intimate moment,” Luhan grounded out. He turned around and walked to the door.

“I won’t be coming to Café Love anymore,” he looked at me.

“Goodbye,” he said before exiting the room.

The practice room was soon filled with buzzing silence. I heard a shuffle from my behind and I knew it was Baekhyun.

He walked towards me and gave me a back hug.

“I’m sorry hyung. Luhan misunderstood. I’ll explain it to him,” he told me.

I shook my head.

“It’s pointless Baek. He won’t listen to you. He definitely won’t,” I sighed.

I grabbed Baekhyun’s hands and gave them a gentle squeeze.

“It’ll be okay,” I breathed in. “It’ll be okay,” I whispered.

Now, it was my turn to sob.

 

Luhan’s POV

Finals exam quickly went by. Presentations were performed and grades were given. To say I was relieve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter