Chapter 7

A fateful encounter [discontinued]

 

 

The following day Jonghyun woke up feeling a lot better. He couldn't help the smile that spread across his face as he remembered the events of yesterday. He was happy that he and Kibum were friends now. He sat up in his bed and his eyeys immediately catched sight of the box on his nightstand. His smile grew even wider. He opened the box and suddenly let out a shocked gasp. The box was empty. "What the hell? I only ate one cookie yesterday."

He jumped a little bit as his door suddenly opened and Minho walked in. "Yah Jonghyun! It's almost noon! Get your lazy up." Jonghyun was sure his jaw dropped onto the floor. Minho was standing against the doorway and was eating something. But it wasn't just something. It was a cookie. One that Key gave him yesterday. And it was the last one. Faster than lightning he got up from his bed and ran towards Minho.

"Yah you stupid frog!" Jonghyun tried to snatch the last piece of cookie out of Minho's hand but unfortunately Minho was quicker. And taller. "Why are you eating one of my cookies?!" He yelled and tried to get it again by tip toeing but to no avail. "Why is he so damn tall?!"

Minho just laughed at Jonghyuns cute attempt to get the cookie. "Because I came home last night pretty late and I was hungry. I came in your room to see if you were already sleeping and I saw the box with cookies on your nightstand. So I took them. Which brings me back to why I even came into your room. We should really go to the store today. The fridge is empty." And with a qick movement of his hand he dropped the last piece of cookie into his mouth and ate it. Jonghyuns puppy eyes widened. "He ate it. He freaking ate it!" Minho just laughed at Jonghyuns shocked expression and ruffled his hair. "Yah! Don't do that. I'm your Hyung!" Jonghyun said with a pout while fixing his hair.

"The cookies were really good. Who made them?" Minho asked and sat down cross legged on Jonghyuns bed. Jonghyun, who was still pouting suddenly went shy and blushed lightly. "Kibum gave them to me yesterday." He said with a tiny voice and avoided looking at Minho. Minho just nodded. "That's coo- wait WHAT?! But I thought he hates you?" He said shocked. "What happened when I was gone?"

Jonghyun rubbed his neck and said "Well I......listenedtoyouandapologized." Jonghyun said but it was too fast for Minho to understand. "What did you say Hyung?" He asked and raised an eyebrow in confusion. Jonghyun groaned. "I said I apologized to him." Minho just looked dumbfounded at him and opened and closed his mouth like a fish.

After a few seconds of silence that felt like hours for Jonghyun, Minho finally spoke. "You really listened to me and apologized?" Jonghyun just nodded and sat down next to Minho. Suddenly a wide grin spread across Minhos face and he threw his arm around Jonghyuns shoulder. "See Hyung? I told you it would be easy."

"Just shut up Minho." Jonghyun grumbled. Minho chuckled and once again ruffled Jonghyuns hair which only got him another glare from the puppy like man. "I'm proud of you Hyung. I really am." Jonghyun smiled.

"But now tell me what exactly happened. I'm still confused as to why he forgave you all of a sudden." Jonghyun chuckled as he remembered the way Kibum was blushing yesterday as he also wanted to apologize. So Jonghyun started to tell Minho everything that happened yesterday. He was so caught up in talking that he didn't realise that he also told Minho about how he felt like he saw Kibum for the first time at the cafe or that he was so cute when he was blushing or shy. He quickly shut up and hoped that Minho didn't hear any of that. But the teasing smirk on Minhos face told him otherwise and he started to blush a deeply shade of red.

"Say Hyung, it almost sounds like you saw an angel. Could it be that you have a crush on Kibum?" Minho said and grinned wider. Jonghyuns blush went redder than before.

"O-Of course not!" He cursed silently at himself for stuttering. "I'm straight Minho and you know that. Besides, the company would kick me out if they would find out that I'm interested in men. But that's not the case." He said.

"I know that I'm straight. But it's somehow different with Kibum." His thoughts were interrupted by his ringing phone. He picked it uo from his nightstand and looked quickly at the caller ID before he answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Jonghyun it's me. I have great news for you!" Said his manager excited.

"Really?" Jonghyun asked and Minho could see his imaginary tail wiggle excitedly.

" I talked with the CEO and everything's fine now. He just said that you should come and visit him today because he just wants to tell you one thing. I assume that he only wants to scold you one last time and that's it."

Jonghyun couldn't belive it. He was finally able to finish his album. "Thanks Hyung. Thank you so much. I'm on my way." Jonghyun said and hung up.

He quickly made his way to his bathroom and changed his clothes (he decided to wear a white shirt, dark ripped jeans and on top of his shirt a greyish blue denim jacket) and brushed his teeth. After that he ran out of his room and made his way to the front door to grab his keys and put on his jacket and shoes. Minho, who was still confused as to why Jonghyun was so excited followed him to the front door. "Jonghyun where-"

"Sorry Min but I have to go to the company. I can finally finish my album. See you later." And with that the door slammed shut and left a speechless Minho behind.

"Great now I have to go to the store alone."


 

 

*~*


 


Kibum was standing in front of his bed, arms crossed over his chest. He frowned. He picked up a shirt that was lying on his bed and took a better look at it before he threw it away and sighed. He only had one hour left before Woohyun would be there to pick him up for lunch and shopping afterwards but he still couldn't decide what he should wear.

"Why is this so hard? It's not like I want to impress him or anything like that."

After another ten minutes of thinking he decided on a pair of blue skinny jeans and a black sweater. He went to his bathroom and styled his blond hair. He tousled it a little bit that it still looked perfect. After that he took a step back and looked himself up and down in his mirror. With a satisfied smile he went over to his nightstand and picked up his phone and wallet and put them in his pocket. As he was about to go to the living room to wait for Woohyun someone knocked on the door. Kibum quickly opened the door and smiled at the man in front of him.

"Hi" Woohyun said with a smile.

"Hi" Kibum answered and smiled too. Woohyun wore a black coat and underneath a blue sweater. His dark brown hair was combed to the side which made him look a little bit older but also more attractive.

"Are you ready to go?" Woohyun asked and smiled to himself when he noticed that Kibum was checking him out.

"S-Sure." Kibum said and blushed. He quickly put on his shoes and his jacket. With a smile they both went into the elevator.


 


 

*~*


 


"I swear to god I'll kill this dino." Minho grumbled as he carried the heavy bags full with groceries. He didn't realize that they needed so much stuff and now he had to carry all these heavy bags alone. It would take him ten more minutes to be home because he didn't want to drop anything so he had to walk slower than usual. And to top it all it was freaking cold outside.

"At least it doesn't snow." He thought and looked at the sky.

He rounded a corner and passed a book store but he suddenly stopped as he caught sight of somebody who was standing inside and payed for a book. Suddenly the person turned and walked out of the store to stop right in front of him and looked up at him. "Hi Taemin." Minho said and smiled down at Taemin who was too shocked at the moment to say anything. He clearly wasn't expecting to see Minho here.

"Calm down Taemin. You can do this. Just...just say something!" Taemin cleared his throat and answered with a nervous smile "H-Hi Hyung."

"What were you doing here?" Minho asked curious.

"I-I just came straight from college and I n-needed a book for one of my classes." Taemin answered and avoided to look at Minho. Minho frowned. Why was Taemin acting so strange? Why was he so nervous? He hummed and started to walk. Taemin let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"Are you coming?" Minho said and looked over his shoulder at Taemin.

"Ah that's right we have to go the same way." Taemin nodded and quickly followed Minho.

"S-So what were you doing Hyung?" Taemin asked.

"I went groceries shopping for this dino and me." Minho said and showed him the bags. Taemin could facepalm himself inwardly.

"Of course he was groceries shopping. Why would he carry these bags if not for that. I'm so stupid."

"And don't call me Hyung Taemin. It makes me feel old." Minho added and pouted a little. At that Taemin started to giggle and relaxed a little bit.

Minho smiled at that. "Finally he feels more relaxed around me." They walked home and talked about everything that came into their minds.

Too soon for Taemins liking they arrived at Minhos front door and he pouted slightly. "Why do all the good things have to end so fast?" "Well...I should go now. See you later Hyu- Minho." Taemin said and started to walk away.

"Wait!" Minho suddenly said and Taemin turned around to look at him confused. "Ehm..would you like to come in and hang out? Jonghyun isn't there because of some stuff in the company and we could play some video games." Minho said and scratched the back if his neck nervously. "Only if you want to of course." He quickly added and waited for Taemins answer.

"Oh my god Choi Minho asked me to hang out with him!! He asked ME out of all people! Oh my god! Okay calm down Taemin. You can do this. Don't mess this up. Just say yes!"

"Y-Yeah sounds good. Key Hyung isn't home too so I have nothing to do." With a little bit more confidence, a smile and blush on his face he added "I really would like to." Minho's heart skipped a beat and he could feel his knees go weak at the sight of Taemin smiling. He gave Taemin a bright smile in return and with that they went inside Minhos apartment.


 


 

*~*


 


 

Jonghyun was nervous. REALLY nervous. He was sitting in the waiting room and waited for the CEO to talk to him. He ran a hand through his hair in a nervous manner.

"Mister Kim?" The secretary asked. "He will see you now." Jonghyun let out a breath, nooded and stood up. He knocked on the door of the man's office and waited for a reply.

"Come in." Said a deep voice and Jonghyun opened the door and went inside.


 

 

*~*


 


 

"Oh my god I thought I would die." Woohyun said exhausted and leaned back in his chair, bags full of clothes next to him. Kibum only laughed at him and patted his shoulder.

"Come on it wasn't that bad." Kibum said and sat down on the chair across from him. They were now in a cafe at the mall. After they had lunch Woohyun took Kibum shopping like he said before. He also liked shopping but he didn't expect that Kibum liked it that much. He only sent Kibum an angry glare.

"You're lucky that we don't have the time to visit all of my favourite stores." Kibum added and let out a loud laugh as he saw Wooyhuns shocked expression.

"There's more?! Oh my god my arms almost fell off. How can you carry all these bags when you go shopping alone?"

"I don't know. I guess I don't notice how heavy they are because I have too much fun in shopping." Kibum said and chuckled. Woohyun shook his head and smiled.

"You're really something Kibum you know that?"

"Of course I know." Kibum said in his typical diva attitude and playfully rolled his eyes. Soon after a waiter came and they both ordered something to drink. As they waited for their drinks they started to talk. About shopping, work and college. They also laughed a lot. Kibum was happy. Since Woohyun picked him up earlier he had a great time and Woohyun was the perfect gentleman. Kibum took a sip of his coffee and looked at him questioningly.

"What?" Woohyun just smiled and continued to look at Kibum.

"Do I have something in my face?"

Woohyun shook his head and said "It's nothing. It's just that you seem a lot happier since the last time we met."

Kibum just let out a simple "Oh". It was true. Since their last meeting he was a lot happier(and it had nothing to do with a certain puppy like man. Not at all).

Kibum blushed and answered "Y-Yeah I guess so."

"Why am I thinking about Jonghyun now?!

"I got my fox figure back." He said after a while.

"Really?" Woohyun asked with excitement and Kibum chuckled at the others excitement. He nodded and smiled at him.

"That's good. I'm happy for you Kibum." Woohyun said with a sincere smile and placed his hand on top of Kibums that was lying on the table. Kibum blushed and smiled back(and tried to ignore that his hear beat quickened a little bit). But what they both didn't know was that they were been watched by a pair of cold looking eyes.

 


 


 

*~*


 


"No no no no no!!!" Taemin chanted and clenched the blue controller in his hands tighter. He and Minho were in the living room on the couch and Minho decided to play some Mario Kart in which Taemin agreed because he was really good in it and was sure he would win. He was so sure but now he was losing. Again. It was their 4th round and Taemin was so close to pass Minho and win but Minho got a banana at the last few metres and dropped it right in front of Taemin.

"Yes! I won!" Minho yelled and started a victory dance. Apparently Minho liked to win. A lot. Taemin just sat there and pouted.

"That's unfair Minho. You won every round. Give me a chance!" Taemin whined. Minho laughed and ruffled Taemins hair(while Taemin tried to calm his crazy beating heart).

"You have to try harder Taemin." Taemin huffed and crossed his arms over his chest.

"You're lucky that you're my favourite actor." He mumbled and immediately blushed. "Oh ! I hope he didn't hear anything." Taemin thought but a look at Minhos blushing face told him otherwise. Soon a smirk formed on Minhos lips.

"Sooo...I'm your favourite actor huh?" Minho and Taemins blush just deepened.

"S-Shut up." Taemin stuttered and looked away from Minho. Minhos heartbeat increased.

"He's so cute."

"Taemin?" He asked and Taemin hummed in response, still not facing him. "W-Would you like to hear one scene from my new drama?" Minho asked and suddenly felt nervous. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to ask that.

Suddenly Taemin looked at him with excitement in his eyes. "Really??" He asked and jumped up and down in excitement.

"Yeah." Minho said and Taemin nodded enthusiastically. Minho then went to his bedroom to get the script and sat down next to Taemin. He quickly read over it and nodded to himself as he found a fitting scene that wasn't too hard for him. "Okay" he said to himself and Taemin faced him with excitement. Minho took a deep breath and closed his eyes. Then he began to speak.


 


 

".........I will protect you." Minho said and with that the scene ended. He could feel his heart beating like crazy.

"Why am I so nervous? I've acted in front of many people before." He couldn't help it but feel self insecure in front of Taemin. He looked at Taemin who just stared at him with a look of adoration in his eyes.

"Wow Minho." He whispered. "That was amazing." Minho felt himself blush and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Really?" Somehow Taemins opinion mattered to him a lot. The younger just nodded eagerly. "Thanks." Minho said with a soft smile on his lips. Taemin could feel his heart beat quickening. After that it grew silent around them and the only sound that could be heared were their breathes and their pounding hearts. The tension in the room grew stronger and Minho was looking deeply into Taemins eyes and Taemin couldn't do much but to return the look.

The moment got ruined by Minhos ringing phone and they both snapped out of their trance like status. Taemin blushed a deep shade of red as Minho stood up, sent him an apologetic smile and went to the kitchen to answer the call.

"What did just happened?" Taemin thought and bit his bottom lip at the thought of Minhos intense look in his eyes.

"It wasn't like as if he was going to- no no no no!" Taemin quickly shook his head and tried to cool his red cheeks down. After a few minutes Minho came back from the kitchen with a troubled look on his face.

"Is everything okay?" Taemin asked and stood up.

"That was my manager. He said that they need me at the set for another scene to film." Taemin nodded in understatement even though he was a little bit sad than Minho had to leave now.

"I'm really sorry Taemin." Minho said but Taemin interrupted him.

"It's okay Minho. I understand." He said and smiled. They quickly exchanged phone numbers before they went to the front door to put on their shoes and jackets. After that Minho brought Taemin back to his own apartment(and ignored his protests that he wasn't a child anymore).

"Thank you for inviting me over Minho. I really had fun today." Taemin said with a bright smile.

"I had fun too. If you want you can come over again." Minho said and blushed a little bit. Taemin nodded.

"I would like that." He said in a whisper and light smile. Suddenly he felt two strong arms wrapp themselves around him. His eyes widened as he realised that Minho was hugging him. Before he could even return the hug Minho whispered in his ear "I'll see you soon." and left. Taemin just stood there, still blushing and heart pounding against his chest like crazy.

 


 


 

*~*


 


 


"Do you understand me Jonghyun? I don't want to see something like that ever again!" The CEO said and looked angry at Jonghyun. Since he stepped a foot into this office the CEO started to scold Jonghyun. Jonghyun nodded.

"One more scandal or slip of you then it's over." He said and looked out of his window and Jonghyuns eyes widened.

"W-What? Do you mean that-"

"Yes Jonghyun. If I see one more scandal then I see no other way as to dismiss you." Jonghyun felt like as if he was being slapped across the face.

"But you can't do that I'm-"

"One of the best singers in this company I know." The CEO said. "But things have changed Jonghyun." He began and turned around to look at Jonghyun.

"What do you mean?" Jonghyun asked confused.

"There are many potential singers out there Jonghyun. SM is holding auditions every month and we get many trainees. They're all determinate to work hard and want to become famous. Don't think it would be hard to replace you Jonghyun." The CEO said sat down on his chair. Jonghyun went pale at the older man's words. It was true. If they wanted they could replace Jonghyun anytime.

"I-I'm sorry." Jonghyun said and bowed. "I promise it won't happen again." Jonghyun didn't want to be replaced. To become a singer and write songs was his dream and he worked hard for it to become true.

"Good. You can leave now." The CEO said and dismissed him with a movement of his hand. Jonghyun bowed once again and went to the door. As he was about to open the door the CEO spoke up again.

"Remember Jonghyun. One mistake and it's over." Jonghyun gulped and nodded. He opened the door and left.


 


When he was out of the building he groaned in frustration and anger.

"This all wouldn't have happened if I never met Kibum." He thought but quickly shook his head.

"No. It's not Kibum's fault. It was my fault only. Just because I couldn't control myself."

He didn't realize that he was walking through the park that was across from the Company building. He sighed.

"Why is everything so complicated?" His thoughts got interrupted by some whimpering sounds. Confused Jonghyun looked around to see what it was. He just shrugged as he saw nothing. He was about to continue to walk when the whimpering started again. This time he saw where it came from. Under a bench not far from him was a little box. He kneeled down and took out the box. His heart broke at the sight in front of him. In the little box was a little puppy. It was shaking and whimpering.

"Poor puppy." Jonghyun said and extended a hand to the shaking puppy. The puppy sniffed on his hand. Jonghyun then patted the puppy and to his surprise it leaned into his touch.

"Where's your owner?" Jonghyun asked and scratched the puppy behind it's ear. Then Jonghyun saw the collar. There was a name tag.

"Roo." Jonghyun read out loud and smiled. "So you're a she."

Roo just whimpered and started to shake more. Jonghyun then took Roo out of the little box and held her close to his chest under his jacket to keep her warm.

"Don't worry Roo. I'll take you to my apartment and then you'll be warm again."

"Minho will kill me. That's for sure." Jonghyun thought but as he saw Roo snuggle closer to his chest he didn't care. He smiled at her and made his way to his car.


 


As he was walking up the stairs to his apartment floor he didn't know what he was expecting to see. He surely did not expect to see Kibum in front of his apartment door hugging another man. A man who was also taller than him. The the man got the freaking nerve to kiss Kibum on his cheek! Suddenly Jonghyun got a strange feeling in his stomach. It made him feel sick. He waited until Kibum was in his apartment before he started to walk to his own apartment door. As he was walking he passed the other man who smiled friendly at him.

"Idiot." Jonghyun thought and opened his front door.


 


 

*~*


 


Kibum was taking off his shoes and jacket, still blushing and smiling. Today was a good day. "Taeminnie~ I'm back." He called out for the younger.

"I'm in the kitchen Hyung." Taemin yelled and Kibum walked into the kitchen. The younger was sitting in a chair at the kitchen table and was reading in his textbook.

"Sooo~" he started and closed his book to give the older a teasing smile. "How was your day Hyung?"

"It was...really good." Said Kibum with a smile and ignored Taemins teasing. He then told Taemin what they did and laughed as he told Taemin that Woohyun almost collapsed after they were done with shopping.

"It was really fun." Taemin just smiled at the other.

"I'm happy for you Hyung. It's been a while since you went out with someone expect for Onew Hyung and me."

"Yeah." Kibum said with a soft smile.

"Sooo...did something happen at the front door that you should tell me?" Taemin grinned and wiggled his eyebrows. Kibums cheecks started to heat up.

"I- I don't know what your talking about."

"Don't give me that Hyung. I know that something happened. Tell me." Kibum knew that he couldn't escape from Taemin. So he just gave up and told him what happened.

"Oh my god he hugged you?! And he kissed you goodbye?!?!" Taemin yelled in excitement.

"Yah! Not so loud Taemin!" Kibum said and blushed. "Besides it was just on my cheek."

"I don't care. It was a kiss and that's all that matters to me." Taemin said and grinned. Kibum cleared his throat before he spoke.

"E-Enough of me. How was your day?" At that it was Taemin's turn to blush.

"I-It was good." He said and looked down at his textbook that was suddenly more interesting than anything else.

"And?" Kibum asked and raised his eyebrow expectantly. Taemin just sighed and told Kibum everything. He would find out sooner or later anyway.

"A-And then he hugged me and left." Taemin finished and was now red like a tomato.

"Oh Lee Taemin." Kibum said with a teasing smile.

"Oh no. There it goes." Taemin thought and braced himself for the incoming teasing.


 


 

*~*


 


 


Jonghyun was sitting on the couch in their living room with Roo in his lap. The little puppy almost immediately fell asleep as he sat down with her on his couch. Jonghyun patted Roo's head.

"I need to buy dog food and other things." Jonghyun said to himself and his heart warmed at the sight of Roo snuggling closer to him. Fortunately she stopped shaking and whimpering a while ago.

"I will keep her. I'm sure Minho will agree after he sees her. He's a er for cute things."(just like him) Jonghyun thought and smiled down at Roo. He was still surprised that she trusted him so quickly. But soon his smile changed into a frown and the sickening feeling in his stomach came back.

"Who was that guy with Kibum?" Jonghyun mumbled. His hand formed into a fist as he remembered that the other had kissed Kibum on his cheek. He clenched his fist at the thought of Kibum blushing as the other pulled away and waved goodbye.

"Could it be a friend of him? Or maybe his boyfriend?" Jonghyun quickly shook his head. Roo whimpered a little because Jonghyun stopped patting her. Jonghyun chuckled at her cuteness and scratched her behind her ears.

"Why do I even care? I don't know him." Jonghyun sighed.

"But we're friends now right?" Jonghyun thought. After a while Jonghyun smiled to himself. He also managed to make Kibum blush AND smile. He was determined now. He wanted to get closer to the younger.

"Just in a friendly way of course."he tried to tell himself.


 


 


 

*~*


 


 


 

Minho came home that night pretty late. It was almost past 3 in the morning.

"Why do I even bother to work with her?" He grumbled and opened the front door and took of his shoes and jacket. To film the scene took much longer than expected because his co actress just had to act like the biggest diva. Again.

He sighed and walked into living room. He the lights and was about to flop down on the couch but stopped immediately. Jonghyun was lying on the couch sleeping. But that wasn't what caught his attention. It was the little puppy that was lying on his chest.

"God Jonghyun what the hell?" Minho sighed.

"Hey Hyung!" He said and shook Jonghyuns shoulder.

"Wake up!" Minho said a little louder this time. Jonghyun stirred in his sleep and slowly woke up. He rubbed his eyes and yawned.

"Hi Minho." He said with a sleepy voice and sat up, carefully as not to wake up Roo.

"Care to explain why there's a puppy sleeping on your chest?" Minho said and pointed at Roo who was still sleeping peacefully on Jonghyuns chest. Jonghyun smiled down at her and lightly patted her head.

"That's Roo. I found her in the park across from the SM building. She was in a box under a bench and shaking and whimpering. I just couldn't leave her there."

Minho sighed and ran a hand through his brown hair. "I already know what your going to ask me Hyung. You can keep her. I would have done the same if I was you."

Jonghyun shot Minho a happy smile. "Thank you Minho." Minho just smiled and patted Roo who snuggled closer to his touch in her sleep.

"Don't thank me. You know I'm a er for cute things." Jonghyun just laughed at that, agreeing wholeheartedly.

"Oh I forgot. How was the meeting with the CEO?"

"Don't remind me." Jonghyun said and groaned. He then told Minho what happened.


 


 

"And he really can do that?" Minho asked a little shocked.

"Of course he can. He's the CEO Minho." Jonghyun said. "I guess I just need to be careful and not make any mistakes again."

Minho couldn't do much as to pat Jonghyun on the back and reassure him that everything would be fine. They then continued to talk about their days for a little bit until Minho decided that it was time going to sleep. Jonghyun couldn't agree more as he felt himself falling already asleep.

Carefull to not wake Roo up he held her close to his chest and made his way to his bedroom. There he sat her down on his bed and quickly brushed his teeth and changed into his pyjama pants (he didn't bother to put on a shirt because he always slept without one. It was much more comfortable). After that he quickly went under the blankets of bed and sighed in contentment. Suddenly he felt warmth beside his head and smiled. Roo had walked over to him and snuggled now against his head. This night Jonghyun fell asleep with a happy smile on his face and a warm feeling in his chest.


 


 

*~*


 


The sun was shining on this beautiful sunny autumn day. A little boy played happily with his toys outside, totally happy with himself and the world.

"Kibum. Don't play too long outside or you will catch a cold sweetie." Said a pretty woman with long, brown hair.

"Yes Mommy." The little boy answered with a cute smile on his lips and ran to his mom who held her arms wide open for him. He giggled as his Mommy pressed many little kisses on his face.

"Mommy no! That tickles." He whined playfully. His Mommy just laughed and planted a light kiss on his cute little button nose.

"Should we bake some cookies for Daddy before he comes home?" She asked and Kibum excitedly nodded his head, eyes sparkling. Kibum loved to bake with his Mommy. It was always so much fun and they sometimes both ended up with flour on their faces and heads. Soon the cookies were finished and Kibum couldn't wait to see what his Daddy would say about them. He was now sitting at the table with a class of milk in one of his little hands and a cookie in his other hand.

"Mommy when will Daddy come home?" He asked after he took another bite of his cookie.

"Soon sweetie." She said as she cleaned the items they had used before. The sound of a door opening and closing was heard and Kibums face lit up.

"I'm home." Said a man who was dressed in a suit and had dark brown hair.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Little Kibum exclaimed excited and jumped off of his chair. He ran toward his Daddy who smiled at him and picked him up to plant a quick kiss on his cheek. "

Hi Kibum. How was your day? Did you help your Mommy?" He asked and Kibum nodded eagerly and pointed with his little finger to the cookies.

"Mommy and I made cookies today. They're for you." His Dad smiled lovingly at him and set him down on his lip as he himself sat down on the kitchen chair. Kibum then picked up a cookie and held it in front of his Dad's mouth.

"Try it." He said with a cute smile that no one was able to resist. His Dad then took a bit bite of the cookie and Kibum waited expectantly for his Daddy to say something.

"Wow." His Daddy said with big eyes. "They're amazing Kibum." He said and Kibum smiled shyly. "I didn't expect anything else from my little Kibum." His Dad said and started to tickle him. Kibum began to laugh and his Mommy just smiled at the heartwarming scene in front of her. They were a happy family.


 

But soon things changed. A few years later Kibum was lying in his bed, crying. He could hear the screams from downstairs. His parents were fighting. Again. It may seem stupid for a thirteen year old boy to cry over something like that but his parents were fighting a lot. Almost everyday. He shot up from his bed as he heard a smashing sound from downstairs. Like as is something hit the wall and broke into pieces.

Now fully on alert he quietly made his way downstairs to the kitchen door. Inside he could see his parents fighting. On the floor a broken glass. His eyes widened as he saw that his Dad was about to throw a vase at his Mom.

"Dad no!" He screamed and ran towards his mother to protect her. At first he felt nothing. He just heard the sound of the vase crashing into pieces. Then he felt something warm running down his right temple. Blood. His blood.

His Mother started to scream at his Dad and told him he should leave. His Dad just wore a blank expression on his and made his way out of the house. His Mother spun him around to look at his cut. After she took care of it she told him to go back to sleep and not to think about what just had happened. Kibum, who still couldn't think straight just nodded and headed back to his room. Just as his body hit the mattress the tears began to fall. He didn't know about what his parents were fighting over but he knew one thing for sure as he heard his mother cry in her bedroom. Their happy family was gone.


 

Soon after his parents got divorced and Kibum lived together with his mother. He just couldn't leave her like that. The woman was broken. Mentally and physically.

But he soon realised that his mother wasn't the same anymore. She stopped caring about him. She just stopped. She also started to hit him.

Kibum was sixteen now and in high school. He was on his way home and asked himself if she did it again. After their divorce his mother began to drink. A lot. At first it was shoking for him to see her badly drunk in the middle of the day but now it was normal if he would find her passed out on the couch in the living room. He prayed that today was one of the days were she would be lying on the couch passed out.

But luck wasn't on his side. He opened the front door to find a mess of clothes, books and paper in their hallway.

"Mom?" He asked and looked through their apartment to find her. He finally found her in the kitchen. With an empty bottle of red wine in her hands snd already drunk.

"Look who's finally here." She said and stood up. She made her way towards Kibum and looked at him closely.

Suddenly Kibum felt heat on his left cheek. His mother had hit him. Again.

"Yah you little brat! How many times have I told you to clean the damn apartment?!" She yelled. Kibum just looked at her with a blank expression, completely ignoring the pain on his cheek and tried to hold back his tears.

He was already used to this. Used to being hit and insulted by her. Deciding that he couldn't stand her anymore he ran to his room and locked the door.

As his tired body hit his bed he allowed his tears to fall free. He hated this. Hated it so much. Why was she doing this to him?! It was as if she blamed him for that they got divorced.

Kibum sighed and forced himself to stand up. It was enough. He couldn't stand it any longer. He opened his closet and pulled out a big bag. He then threw in anything that he needed to take with him. When it was night and he was sure that his mother was sleeping he took his bag and started to run.

He ran away.

Away from this place called "home".

Away from the woman who surely didn't love him anymore.

Away from this hell to a place where he knew that he was going to get loved.

His Grandmother.

But he didn't knew that the true hell was just waiting for him.


 


 


 

Kibum woke up with a scream and drenched in sweat. He was shaking. He could feel tears running down his checks and sobs escaping his mouth. His chest was heaving too quick and his lungs felt like they were knotted together. He couldn't breath.

In this moment Taemin came running into his bedroom. His eyes alarmed as he saw the state Kibum was him. He quickly sat down next to Kibum.

"Shh Hyung. It's me. It was just a dream." He tried to calm the older but somehow it didn't work. He held Kibum in his arms and rubbed his back in a comfort manner. Still Kibum didn't seem to calm down. Kibum just let out more sobs and started to choke.

Then it hit Taemin. He had a panic attack.

"Okay Hyung calm down. Everything's fine. Breath." He said and laid Kibum back down on his bed. He was surprised that he was able to be calm. Maybe it was because he was used to be in a situation like this.

He then quickly searched in Kibums drawer for the only thing that could help Kibum when he got a panic attack so bad like this. As he finally found it he quickly placed it in front of Kibums mouth.

"Hyung look at me. When I say "now" you take a deep breath okay." He said and didn't even wait for Kibum to answer because he knew that every minute mattered. He then pressed on it and felt a wave of relief wash over him as he saw that Kibum took a deep breath and seemed to calm down a bit.

After a few more deep breathes Kibum finally calmed down and only let out a few sobs. Taemin had an idea what could've caused this bad panic attack. There were only two things that could make Kibum react that way.

He then laid down next to the older and just held him in his arms to comfort him.

He waited until Kibums sobs died down completely and his breathing was even.

"Don't worry Hyung." He thought and gently held the other closer.

"I'm always here for you. No one will hurt you again."


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

A/N


 

Hello guys it's me again (surprising I know xD)


 

I just wanted to post this chapter before school starts again next week (someone please kill me ;-;) and I don't know when I'll be able to update again.

You can also thank my friend Jonghse for kicking my and telling to sit down and write xD just because of her I was able to finsish this long chapter so thank you Jonghse xD (this chapter is longer than the others O.O)


 

wow a lot happened in this chapter right? XD

now tell me how was the WooKey date?? *silence* yeah....like I said I don't ship them xD


 

We also got some fluffly 2min in this one *^* aren't they just precious?


 

AND WE ALSO GOT ONE OF MY OTHER OTPs: JongRoo!!! seriously I love Roo. She's sooo cute>.<


 

let me see, what else happened in this chapter:


 

  • Jjong's Manager saves the day

  • Jjong sulking because of his height (I'm sorry Jjong xD)

  • Minho is being an and ate all of Jonghyuns cookies

  • oh one of my favourites xD jealous!Jjong xD

 

oh and we got a little bit of Key's past (just that you all know the thing with little Kibummie etc was his dream)


 

soooo I think that was all that I have to say^^

as always I apologize for every grammar mistake (english is not my first language)


 

AND THANKS TO ALL WHO SUBSCRIBED AND VOTED UP MY FIC IT MEANS A LOT!

ALSO THANKS TO ALL WHO COMMENT. I'M ALWAYS SOO EXCITED TO READ WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS CHAPTER OR WHEN YOU JUST FANGIRL XD REALLY, COMMENTS MAKE ME HAPPY AND MOTIVATE ME TO UPDATE FASTER :D


 

I LOVE YOU ALL GUYS<3


 

SEE YOU ALL SOON^^