Chapter 6

A fateful encounter [discontinued]

Jonghyun was lying in his bed wide awake. Since his talk with Minho yesterday he wasn't able to catch any sleep. He turned around and grabbed his phone that was lying on his nightstand to check the time. 6 am. He sighed and ran a hand through his dark hair.

"I can't do this." He whispered to himself.


 

~Flashback~


"But I still don't understand why I should apologize." Jonghyun said, still stubborn. Minho just sighed. He couldn't belive that his Hyung was this stubborn. "Hyung it was just a shirt. Just one freaking shirt. I don't understand what's so wrong about it to apologize to Kibum. It's not your fault only, I know that, but you two didn't payed attention. This whole thing is just stupid. Just up your pride for once and apologize. I'm tired of this." Minho said and laid back on Jonghyuns bed.


"I know that." Jonghyun answerd quite and looked at his hands in his lap. Minho raised an eyebrow and sat up to have a better look at Jonghyun. "You do?" He asked. Jonghyun nodded. "I know that I was kind of rude to him...."

"Then if you know that why are you still fighting with him? Oh my god Jonghyun do you understand that we could have prevented the scene from earlier?" Jonghyun just sat there silent. He knew that he was rude to Kibum and that is was wrong of him to be angry at him. He usually wasn't this rude to anyone and Minho knew that. Jonghyun was always nice to people he met and always polite. So why was it different with Kibum?

"Jonghyun we both know that you're not the type to get angry that easy. So why did you got so angry at Kibum?" Jonghyun sighed and held his head in his hands. "I don't know... I was tired and annoyed because the fans chased me. And I guess the incident with him was just too much for me at that moment."

"Go to him and apologize." Minho said bluntly and stood up. Jonghyuns head snapped up and he looked at Minho with his round puppy eyes. "But I can't Minho."

"And why not?" Jonghyun blushed a light shade of pink and fiddled with his fingers. "It's embarassing." He whined and burried his face in his pillow. Minho just started to laugh at Jonghyuns statement. "What's so funny frog face?" Jonghyun asked annoyed and glared at Minho.

"For real Jonghyun? It's embarassing? You're Kim Jonghyun, the top Idol out there and you're afraid to apologize to your neighbour just because it's "embarassing"?" Minho said and laughed even more. "Yah!" Jonghyun said and threw a pillow at him which Minho dodged easily. Minho shook his head and smiled. "Just go and do it. We all want to live here in peace. And someone has to make the first step." With that Minho left the room and a still blushing Jonghyun behind.


~End of Flashback~


 

"This is going to be so embarassing." Only the thought when he would stand in front of Kibums apartment, apologize and told him why he got so angry made him blush furiously.

He sat up and stretched his arms. "But Minho is right. Someone needs to make the first step." Suddenly something caught his eyes. It was a small item that was lying on his nightstand. He took it in his hand and sighed frustrated. He already knew how the diva would react. So much he already knew about him.

"He's going to kill me." Jonghyun groaned. "Why is this all so complicated?" He placed the item back on his nightstand and made his way to his bathroom. He stripped out of his clothes and stepped into the shower. The warm water that ran down his body calmed him somehow down. He began to wash his body.

"Maybe he'll let me go alive when I explain everything to him."

Suddenly he stopped in his movements. When should he go over and apologize? It was still pretty early and Kibum was probably still asleep. "I could go to the gym first. It's been a while since I worked out. After that I can go to him." He nodded to himself. That was a good idea.

He finished his shower and stepped out. He grabbed a towel and dried himself. He didn't bother to style his hair properly. He got dressed, took the item in his pocket and went to the kitchen to grab an apple. Minho was already gone. He said that he had to film a new scene so he had to be there early. Jonghyun made his way to the front door to put on his jacket and shoes. After that he put on a black cap and sunglasses. He grabbed his keys and left the empty apartment.


 

*~*


Kibum was already awake as Taemin's alarm went off. He could hear some noises that came from their kitchen. He yawned and rubbed his eyes. He checked the time on his phone and saw the he still had some time left before he needed to leave for work. Taemin had no classes every Thursday and Monday so he spent his time with a part time job to earn some money for him and Kibum. He walked to his bathroom and got ready for the day. As he walked out of his room he could already smell the delicious bacon. His mouth watered at the sight before him. Kibum had made some eggs and bacon with toast. It was nothing fancy but it was one of their favourite dishes.

"Good Morning Hyung." Taemin said with a big smile and sat down at the kitchen table. "Good Morning Minnie." Kibum said as he danced to a song that was playing on the radio in the background and ruffled Taemins hair. He then sat down on a chair across from Taemin and they began to eat and talked about what they had to do today.

"When do you have to leave for work again?" Kibum asked.

"I don't need to be there until 10 so I still have a bit time left." Kibum just nodded at that.

"Oh I forgot to give you this." He said and stood up. He opened a cupboard and took out a box. "I made these yesterday when you were at the store. Give them to the kids." Kibum said and gave Taemin the box filled with cookies. Taemin smiled and nodded. When he didn't had classes he worked in a dance studio and teached kids how to dance. He loved this job because dancing was his passion and he wanted to become a dancer after he finished college. If Kibum wasn't at work and also didn't had any classes he would visit Taemin sometimes. The kids loved Kibum and he always had a soft spot for kids. He also loved dancing and also danced sometimes together with Taemin but his goal was to become a fashion designer.


They continued to eat in silence as Taemin suddenly broke it. "Hyung?"

"What is it Tae?" Kibum asked and stopped eating.

"Are you not nervous?" Taemin asked.

"Nervous? About what?"

"About that 2 idols live next to us." Kibum just looked at Taemin for a few seconds before he answered "I don't care that they're famous. I think that they're just normal people like us so why should I be nervous? Just because they've money doesn't mean that they're better than us or that they need to be treated special."

Kibum was never into this hole idol stuff. He didn't think that it was wrong to be an idol he just never cared about stuff like that. For him they were just normal people like him and Taemin. Just with more money. "Are you still worried about yesterday?" He asked as he saw Taemins worried look.

"How did you-"

"I can read you like an open book Tae. You don't need to worry. Everything's fine." Kibum reasurred him. "Expect the thing with this Jonghyun guy."

Taemin nodded and continued to eat his food. He felt a little bit better. "Oh Taemin I won't be home tomorrow." Kibum said after another few minutes of silence and took another bite of his food.

"Why?" Taemin asked curious. At that Kibum just blushed lightly. "I will hang out with Woohyun. He got the day off and he wanted to have lunch with me." Taemin started to grin. "Is that so." He said with a teasing tint in his voice.

"Y-Yah! What's with this stupid grin on your face? It's just lunch."

"Whatever you say Hyung~" Taemin said with a knowing smirk while Kibum was now red like a tomato. They finished their breakfast and Taemin helped Kibum with the dishes.

"Hyung have you thought about what I told you yesterday?" Taemin asked as he placed a plate back in the cupboard. Kibum sighed. "Tae look-"

"I'm not saying that it was entirely your fault Hyung. You both are to blame and I think that it's time to stop this whole fighting over something so stupid. I know you have your pride Hyung but I think someone needs to make the first step and apologize." Kibum stood there silent.

"And to be honest I think that you two behave like little kids. Just go and apologize." Kibum knew that Taemin was right. He also was to blame because he didn't payed attention as to where he was walking. Even if it was hard for him he had to up his pride and apologize. He would go to Jonghyun and apologize.

"Aish Tae." He said and ruffled his hair. "Since when are you the older one here?" They both laugehed. They quickly finished cleaning the kitchen and Kibum went to his room to get his bag for work. Taemin looked at the clock and saw that he still had 1 hour until he needed to go.

"Hyung? Should I go to the store and buy some things for dinner?" Taemin asked as he went to Kibums room. Kibum stood in front of his big mirror and fixed his hair. "That's a good idea Tae. I'll go with you since I also need to leave now." They both went to the front door after Taemin had stuffed the box filled with cookies in his bag and put on their shoes and jackets and headed out. Kibum locked their front door and was about to turn away as Taemin pointed at the floor.

"Hyung look." He said and picked up a little red box with a white envelope on top of it. He gave the box to Kibum and opened the envelope.


 

I'm sorry that I have to tell you this this way but I hadn't had the chance to tell you this personally because I have a schedule this morning so I wrote this.
What I wanted to say is that I'm sorry about what happened and about Jonghyun Hyungs behaviour yesterday. He usually isn't a rude person but it's just that he's so stressed with the preparations of his album and there is a lot of pressure on his shoulders. I also wanted to say that it would be the best if you two don't tell anyone that we live here because if some fans find out where we live there can be some trouble for both of us. And for you two too. So please don't tell anyone. Oh I also got something for you two since we didn't introduced us properly.
I hope you like it^^
And again I'm really sorry about yesterday^^"

-Minho


 

They both were surprised that Minho would do something like that. Well Taemin knew that Minho was a nice person but he never imagined that he would do something like this. They opened the box and in it was a strawberry cake with whipped cream. Taemins eyes grew wide at the sight of the cake.

"Wow." They both mumbled because this cake was from this one expensive bakery near their apartment complex. "We should get him something too." Taemin said. Kibum nodded but gasped as he looked at his phone.

" I'm going to be late. Sorry Tae but I have to go now. You can go to the store on your own right?"

"Of course I can Hyung." He answered and rolled his eyes. Kibum quickly gave him a hug and went to the elevator. "I better put this in the fridge." Taemin said and unlocked the door.


*~*


"Kibum can you take the order from this table?" Joon asked Kibum who walked out of the changing room. "Sure Hyung." Kibum said as he took on his apron. He wore a white button up shirt and black pants. He just made it in time before his shift started. Joon was one of his co workes and really nice. They actually weren't close friends but they got along well.

"Order for table 3 is ready!" Donghae said from the kitchen. They were a total of 5 people but today it was just the three of them because Tiffany got the day off, Sunny was sick and to top it all today was one of the busy days at the cafe.

After a few hours the cafe wasn't as packed as before and Joon and Kibum had time to sit down for a moment. "How was your weekend Hyung?" Kibum asked as the two of them sat down on a table. "It was okay. I helped some friends to move their stuff to their new apartment." Joon answered and took a sip of his water. Kibum hummed and glanced at the clock that hang across the cafe. He still had 2 more hours left before he could leave.

Suddenly his phone vibrated in his pocket. He looked at the caller ID and smiled. "Hi Minnie. "

"Hi Hyung." Taemin said with a happy tone in his voice. "I just wanted to tell you that I can leave earlier today. Oh and the kids loved your cookies." Kibum smiled at that. "Should I prepare dinner before you're home?" Taemin asked.

"That's a good idea Tae. I'll see you later. Bye."

"Okay. Bye Hyung." Taemin said and hung up. Kibum put his phone back in his pocket.

"Was that Taemin?" Joon asked and smiled. He just met Taemin once at the cafe but he quickly got attached to the kid. "Yeah. He just told me that he could leave earlier today."

"That lucky kid." He said and chuckled. "Excuse me? I'd like to order." A woman said who sat at a table next to the window.

"Let's get back to work then." Kibum said and they both got up.


*~*


Jonghyun was on his way home after he went to the gym. Since his apartment wasn't that far from the gym he walked.

"Maybe I should visit Joon Hyung. He told me that he worked in a cafe somewhere here." He thought. He looked around and saw a small cafe. "This must be it." He mumbled and went inside. He still had on his cap and sunglasses and fortunately there weren't that much people in the cafe so the chance that he would be recognized was small.

He took a seat at a table next to the window and looked around until he found Joon. Joon walked over to him to take his order. "Hello. What can I do for you?" Joon asked and took out a pen and a writing pad. His eyes widened as he saw Jonghyun, who was sitting there with a wide grin on his face.

"Jonghyun? What are you doing here?" Joon asked confused. "Hyung not so loud. There are still people here and I'm not in the mood for screaming fans." Jonghyun whispered and looked around to see if someone had heard them. Joon nodded and sat next to Jonghyun. There weren't that many people so he figured that Kibum could take care of them on his own for a while.

"So why are you here? Don't get me wrong I'm happy that you visit me but don't you think that's a bit.....I don't know careless? Someone could recognize you."

"Don't worry Hyung. As long as we're not too loud no one will know that I'm here." Jonghyun said.

"So how's work going?" He asked casually as suddenly someone on the other side of the room caught his eyes.

"No way." He thought. On the other side stood Kibum and talked to one of the customers. Jonghyuns eyes wandered up and down Kibums body. He wore a white button up shirt and black tight pants that hugged his curves in every right way. His blond hair was perfectly styled and Jonghyun could only stare. He didn't notice before but Kibum had a perfect body. His mouth fell open as his eyes landed on his face. Kibum had a sharp jawline, a cute button nose, heart shaped lips that looked so soft and pink and so so kissable and feline eyes. It was like as if he saw Kibum for the first time now. Why hadn't he noticed before that Kibum was so beautiful and attractive? Suddenly Kibum smiled and Jonghyun took in a sharp breath and he could feel that his heart skipped a beat. He had dimples. He had freaking dimples and unfortunately this were one of his weaknesses. "This has to be the most beautiful smile that I've ever seen." He thought and dreamily looked at Kibum.

"Jonghyun?" Joons voice brought him back to earth and he blushed lightly because he was staring too long at Kibum and completely ignored Joon. "S-Sorry. What did you say?" Joon chuckled and looked in the direction that Jonghyun was looking before. A smirk spread across his face. "Say Jonghyun, were you checking Kibum out?" He said with a teasing tint in his voice.

"W-What? Of course not! And why didn't you tell me that he works here? You know that we're not in good terms. I don't want him to kill me if he sees me here." Jonghyun mumbled the last part. Before Joon could answer Kibum was walking in their direction.

"." Jonghyun cursed and quickly held up the menu to hide his face. "Hyung? Can you take the orders from the table next to bar? Donghae Hyung needs my help in the kitchen." Kibum asked and didn't seem to notice Jonghyun. "Sure."

"Thanks Hyung." Kibum said and smiled THAT smile again. Jonghyun felt like he was going to faint any moment. "God how can someone be this beautiful?" He placed the menu back on the table and looked after Kibum who made his way to the kitchen. "Jonghyun why are you blushing?" Asked Joon in amusement.

"I-I'm not!" He cursed at himself for stuttering. "Anyway I need to go. See you soon Hyung." And with that he stood up and left the cafe.

"This idiot is so obvious." Joon said to himself with a smile.


 

*~*


 

Jonghyun was lying in his bed. The little fox figure in his hand. After he got home from the cafe he took a shower and cleaned his room. He wanted to go to Kibum and apologize but he didn't know when he would be home so he figured that he could spent some time with cleaning. And now there he was, 2 hours later.

"Is he home yet? Should I go over?" He thought and bit his bottom lip.

"To hell with it." He said and left his room.

Minho was still out filming this one scene. He texted him earlier and said that he would be home late because there were some problems with his co actress. He remembered that Minho said once that she was kind of....hard to handle and could get angry very easy if something wasn't going the way she wanted it to be.

"Calm down Jonghyun. Everything's going to be fine. You just need to tell him the whole story before he's able to speak. Maybe this way he won't kill you." He thought as he stood in front of Kibums door, the fox figure still in his hand. He took one last breath before he got enough courage and knocked on the door. His heart was beating like crazy. A few moments later the door opened and revealed a surprised looking Kibum. Unlike earlier his hair looked a bit tousled (but still perfect to Jonghyun) and instead of his black pants he wore grey skinnys (that still looked very tight). He wore a red sweater that looked a little bit too big for him. All in all he looked absolutely adorable.

"Jonghyun what are you doing here?" Kibum asked with confusion clearly written on his face. Jonghyun cleared his throat and forced his eyes away from Kibums body.
"This is it. Now or never."


 

*~*


 

Kibum was lying on the couch, face first on the pillow. He groaned and his back. He thought back to the conversation that he and Taemin had earlier when he came back from work and they ate dinner. Taemin said that he should go over to Jonghyun and apologize. But it wasn't that easy. "After I snapped at him it would be sooooo embarassing to go and apologize." He sighed and ran a hand through his blond hair.

"Whatever." He said and was about to stand up and go over to Jonghyun as he heard a knock on the door. He raised an eyebrow in confusion and went to open the door. His eyes widened as he saw Jonghyun standing there with a nervous smile.

"Jonghyun what are you doing here?" He eyed Jonghyun up and down. He wore black pants and a blue shirt that was a little bit tight on his chest. ''Jesus I know that he has a nice body but up close it's just wow. And oh god his arms." Kibum started to blush furiously and quickly averted his eyes from his chest and arms to look at his face instead. Now up close and not just a picture or video it was as if he saw Jonghyuns face for the first time. He had round, brown puppy eyes, a cute nose, a sharp jawline and plumb lips.

"Okay I have to admit that he's really handsome and kind of cute." Kibum thought. He got back to reality as he heard Jonghyun speak.

"Well...uhm..how do I say this." Jonghyun looked everywhere but Kibums eyes. He scratched his neck nervously. He took a deep breath. "Look. I know that we don't had the best start in the world. I'm here to apologize." He said and found the courage to look in Kibums eyes. He hurriedly continued before Kibum could speak. "I know that I was wrong and I shouldn't have been so angry at you. Belive me when I say that I'm actually a really nice person. I don't usually get angry this easy and scream at people but I was just so stressed that time and so much was going on. I was stressed because I had to finish to write a song for my upcoming album but I had no inspiration and then I got chased by some fans and when I finally got away from them you ran into me and then I lost it and-"

"Jonghyun." Kibum said and stopped his rambling. To say that Kibum was surprised was an understatement. Never in his wildest dreams could he imagine that Jonghyun would apologize to him. "Maybe he's not that bad."

"It's okay. I forgive you. You don't need to explain yourself. We all are stressed sometimes." Kibum said with a smile and Jonghyun sweared that he could hear angels singing. Kibum went shy all of a sudden and chewed on his bottom lip. "A-And I also want to apologize."

He said quite and Jonghyun grinned as he saw that the younger was slightly blushing. "He's so cute."

"I shouldn't have snapped at you when we were over at your apartment. It was a silly thing to argue over." Kibum said and smiled shyly at him.

"Yeah you're right. Let's forget it. Friends?" Jonghyun asked and offered Kibum his hand to shake it. Kibum nodded with a smile and shook his hand. The moment their hands touched he could swear that he felt a light spark of electricity go through him. "It was probably just my imagination." He thought and pushed the thought away. After they shook their hands they stood awkwardly at Kibums door.

"Oh and there's one more thing." Jonghyun said in a nervous tone. Kibum just titled his head to the side in confusion. "Please promise me that you won't kill me." He began and showed Kibum the little fox figure. Kibum gasped in surprise and took it from Jonghyuns hand. " I didn't stole it I swear. I found it the day we ran into each other. I guess it fell out your pocket." Jonghyun said.

He was still nervous because Kibum didn't said anything. He just looked at the figure like it was the most important thing in the world to him. "Kibum?" Jonghyun asked a little bit concerned. He held the fox figure close to his chest and had his eyes closed. Jonghyun could see that a tear was running down his cheek. Jonghyun now started to panic. "Oh . What should I do?!"


"Are you okay?" Jonghyun asked and touched Kibums arm. He ignored the light spark of electricity as he touched him. Kibum let out a shaky breath and opened his eyes. He quickly wiped the tear away. "Thanks for bringing it back to me."

Actually he would be angry at Jonghyun because he had it all the time while he searched for it like crazy.

"But he gave it back to me. I mean he could've thrown it away but he kept it. And we just apologized to each other." Jonghyun must have looked like a lost puppy now. He was expecting that Kibum would shout at him or even hit him but he didn't.

"But why didn't you bring it back to me earlier?" Kibum asked.

Jonghyun grinned sheepishly. "Well, I didn't know how you would react and to be honest I was a little bit scared."

"Oh" was Kibums only answer. He looked down at the little fox in his hand and smiled. "Kibum? Can I ask you something?" Kibum looked up and smiled. "Sure."

"It seems like that this fox is really important to you." Jonghyun said and Kibums gaze softened. "Yeah it is. It's a gift from my grandmother. She gave it to me when I left Daegu and moved here." Kibum said with a sad smile. Jonghyun could feel that there was more behind that but he didn't want to ask. "Oh." Is all he said. "I'm glad that I gave it back to you then." He said with a genuine smile. Kibum smiled back to him and Jonghyun could feel that his heart skipped a beat again.

"I-I have to go now."

"Wait!" Kibum said. "I-I have something for you. " Kibum went inside and seconds later came back with a little box in his hands. He gave Jonghyun the box and said with pink cheeks "Since Minho gave us the cake earlier I wanted to give you guys something in return."

Jonghyun smiled and took the box. "He's cute when he's blushing."

"There're cookies that I made for Taemin to take to work. I had a few left."

"Thanks Kibum. I'm sure they taste amazing." At that Kibum smiled wide and blushed a little more. They said their goodbyes and went into their apartments. Kibum then sat down on the couch and tried to progress what just happened.

"Why did I even blush?! Oh my god Kibum you're not a school girl!"


 

*~*


 

Jonghyun was sitting cross legged on his bed. The box filled with cookies opened and a smile on his face. He took out one cookie and took a bite. His eyes widened and he let out a moan at the amazing taste. It felt as if a chocolate vulcano was exploding in his mouth.

"I need to ask him to bake more for me." He then closed the box to save more for later and placed it on his nightstand. "Maybe it wasn't a bad idea to move here." He said and smiled.


 


 


 


 


 

A/N

Omg this is finally up*^*

I don't know why this chapter took me so long? XD I wrote more than half of it today xD

I'm sooooo sorry that it took me 2 weeks to update;---;

I wasn't that busy but I think I just wasn't in the mood to write something?

But let's focus on this chapter since it's finally here (and it's longer than the previous one) xD


 

FINALLY JongKey are good now. Good job 2min xD

This chapter got a little bit more fluffier than I wanted it to but it's okay^^

I don't have time to write a longer a/n because I want this to be up before my friend (she's also one of my subbies xD) needs to leave for the airport.


 

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR SUBSCRIBING AND UBVOTING AFE IT MEANS SOOO MUCH TO ME<3

AND ALSO THANKS TO ALL WHO COMMENTED *here have some cookies*

I LOVE YOU ALL<3333


 

AND SORRY IF THERE ARE ANY GRAMMAR MISTAKES>.<


 

see you all soon:D


 

~ Shawol365