Chapter 1

A fateful encounter [discontinued]

 

 

 

Kibum sighed heavily as he went out of the cafe. His shift just ended a few minutes ago and he was aleady exhausted. „Why did I actually agreed to work longer today? Now I have to stay up the whole night if I don't want to fail my exam tomorrow.“ He thought and sighed again. He took a deep breath and started to walk home. Today was a busy day so the cafe was full of people. Kibum liked his job, he really did but sometimes he just wants to quit and sleep. But he knew that he couldn't. He needed the money to pay for his college bills and for his apartment.

 

He suddenly stopped in his tracks when he remembered something. ! I have to go to the store and get his banana milk!“ He quickly made his way to the nearest store and immediately went to the shelf where they sell different flavours of milk. Kibum took some packages of banana milk and other groceries, payed and left the store. He was in such a hurry to go home that he didn't notice the guy in front of him and bumped into him. „Ouch!“ Kibum said and was now lying on the ground with his groceries. „Great!“ he thought sarcastic. „YAH! Are you blind or something?! Look what you did!“ The guy said and pointed at his white shirt that was now soaked in coffe. Kibum just looked confused „Why is he yelling at me?“. He began to pick up the groceries that were still lying on the ground and stood up. „Hey! Are you deaf?! I'm talking with you!“ The guy yelled angrily. „I have enough of this!“ Kibum thought and snapped back „Why are YOU yelling at ME?! It wasn't my fault! You're the one who stood in the middle of the ing street!“. „Yah! Stay here!“ The guy yelled again as Kibum stormed off. „.“ Kibum mumbled as he made his way home. „I can't belive that someone can be so rude! He should at least apologize to me!“ „Whatever, I'll never see him again anyways.“.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun still stood there where the blond boy had bumped into him. „Yah Jonghyun!“ He turned around to see his best friend Minho walking towards him. „What takes you so long? Let's go home, we have many things to do.“ He said. „Hyung? What happened with your shirt?“ He asked and pointed at Jonghyun's shirt. „Nothing! Let's go!“ Jonghyun said still angry and started to walk away. Minho, who was still confused because of Jonghyun's sudden outburst, just shrugged and followed him. Suddenly something on the ground caught Jonghyun's eyes. He bent down and picked it up. „A small little fox figure?“ Jonghyun looked closer at the little fox in his hands. „It probably belongs to this boy from earlier.“ „Jonghyun! Are you coming or not? If you not hurry up I'll take your cookies!“ Minho shouted. Jonghyun quickly put the fox in his pocket and ran to Minho. „I'm coming!“.

 

 

 

 

 

I'm home!“ Kibum said as he closed the door. He took off his shoes and jacket and made his way to the living room. „Finally I'm home. This was a terrible day!“. „Hyung, finally! I was really worried.“ Taemin said and jumped off the couch to hug him. Kibum lived together with his best friend Taemin in a little apartement. It wasn't always easy because they were both still in college and they also had their jobs after school, but in their opinion it was better this way as to live with their parents. Especially for Kibum. He chuckled and hugged him back. „I told you that I had to work longer today.“ „But that doesn't explain why you're so late. You were never this late before.“ Taemin said and looked worried at Kibum. „Did something happened?“ „You worry too much.“ Kibum said and went into the kitchen to place the bag with groceries on the table.

 

Before I forget. I bought you some banana milk on my way home.“ He said and gave Taemin a bottle. As soon as Taemin saw the banana milk he started to dance happily around the kitchen like a little child. „You're sure that you're already 20?“ Kibum said with a smile on his lips at Taemin's childish behaviour. „Yah Hyung! I'm not a kid anymore, I'm a man!“ Taemin said and pouted cutely. „But thank you for the banana milk.“ He said and gave Kibum a sweet smile. „Aww you're so cute Minnie!“ Kibum said and pinched Taemin's cheeks. „Hyung stop it! That's embarrassing!“ Taemin whined and Kibum just chuckled and ruffled his hair. „How was your day?“ He asked and started to put the groceries away. Taemin helped him and started to talk about his day, how he almost died of laughter because Kai, his dance partner, managed to slip and fell on the ground at the easiest part of the dance, how he almost fell asleep during math class and so on. While Taemin was talking about his day, Kibum started to smile. Taemin always managed to lift his mood up.

 

Hyung? Why is the egg box dented?“ Taemin suddenly asked as he saw the box. Thankfully the eggs were still okay. „I bumped into someone on my way home. I didn't noticed him because I was in such a hurry.“ Kibum simply answered. He didn't mention the part where he argued with this guy because he knew that Taemin would overreact and it only would make him more worried. „Maybe I'll tell him later...he's my best friend after all. But for now, I just want to go in my room and sleep.“ He thought and yawned. „Oh I almost forgot! Onew Hyung called and he said that he wants to come over tonight.“ „Tonight?! But it's almost nine! I still have to study and I'm so tired.“ Kibum whined and sighed. Taemin wanted to say something but he got interrupted by the sound of a knock on their door. „Oh! I think that's Onew Hyung!“ Taemin exclaimed excited and left the kitchen to open the door. Kibum still stood there and rubbed his temples to prevent an upcoming headache. „I should just accept my fate and fail my exam tomorrow.“ He thought and also left the kitchen to greet his chicken maniac friend.

 

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun and Minho were sitting in the living room of their apartment. Minho was watching a soccer game and Jonghyun was deep in his thoughts. He quickly glanced at his best friend to make sure that he was still watching the game and pulled the little fox figure out of his pocket. He thought about that incident that had happened earlier and frowned. „Why was he so angry?! He should have apologized!“ He thought. He turned the fox in his hands and saw something on the bottome of the figure. There was a name engraved. „Kibum...“ Jonghyun whispered. „Is that his name?“ He thought and repeated the name again. „Hyung? What are you whispering?“ Minho asked and looked confused at his friend. „What's that?“ He asked curious and pointed at the little figure in Jonghyun's hand. „I found it on the street earlier.“ Jonghyun simply said. Minho just raised his eyebrow and waited for Jonghyun to continue. He knew that there was more behind this sentence. As Jonghyun saw Minho's raised eyebrow he sighed and told him what happened.

 

And you think that this boy lost this figure? And that his name is Kibum?“ Minho asked after he heard the complete story. Jonghyun nodded and looked again at the little fox figure in his hands. „I wonder if he already noticed that he had lost it.“ „It doesn't matter if he noticed it or not. You don't know where he lives, so there's no way that you can give it back to him. And to say the truth, you were an .“ Minho said and looked back at the Tv to watch the game. „H-How can you say that?! He ruined my shirt!“ Jonghyun said shocked. He wasn't expecting that Minho would take the boy's side. „It was just a shirt Jongyhun. And that's not a reason to yell at someone. At least you've could apologized to him.“ Minho said calm. He was already used to Jonghyun's temper. Jonghyun just sat there and thought about that what Minho had said to him. „I was an ?! This boy bumped into ME! The next time I see him I'll make him apologize!“ He thought and tightened his grip around the little figure. „And don't forget that we have to start to pack tomorrow. I already called Joon Hyung and he said that he'll be here at 10 to bring our stuff to the new apartment.“ Minho said, his eyes still focused on the screen. Jonghyun just hummed in response and closed his eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello everyone:D

Finally the first chapter is up(Oh god I'm so nervous right now>.<) and I'm so sorry that it took me a while to upload it>.<

I'm really not sure what I should think about this chapter....

I know it's the first and the story just started but I feel like I have forgot something really important in thereXD

Anyways, I hope you all enjoy reading this chapter and please keep looking forward to this story I already have many ideas^^

And thank you all so much for subscribing and thanks to all who comment it means a lot:D

(I also apologize for any grammar or spelling mistakes english isn't my native language but I'll try to write better in the future^^)

That's it for now:)

See you all soon

 

~ Shawol365

 

 

PS: To those who are waiting for the next chapter of „An unexpected but sweet surprise“, we'll post the next chapter very soon so please look forward to it^^