Ch2: Truce

Believe it

JI HAE (OC) POV

“Believe it” I said. He raised an eyebrow at me before I began to sing. I’m guessing I’m one of the first people to ever stand up to him. I might be an angel but I’m not afraid to stand up to rude people, especially Jung Daehyun.

I breathed in and out. I sang the first song that came into my head EXO’s Angel.

In complete nervousness I croaked out my first two words ‘, that didn’t sound good. I’m never gaining his trust’. I closed my eyes to relax myself. Afterwards my nerves settled and my voice became sweet and clear. As I was ending the song I opened my eyes for the first time after I began singing trying to piece Daehyun’s expression. His face was blank. I don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing.

Once I had finished singing I smiled and look straight at Youngjae who gave me an encouraging applause. Then I looked at Daehyun who was the complete opposite. After telling Youngjae to stop clapping he looked at me right in the eyes still with a blank expression. “Your pitch was off”

“Haven’t sung in a while…” I murmured

“I thought it was alright. You just need a little practice. Daehyun will help you” Youngjae said gesturing at Daehyun “Anyway, I have to go. Nice meeting you Ji Hae” Youngjae left and Daehyun was shooting glares at me across the room.

“I’m not helping you at all” He immediately got up from his chair. I ran to his side helplessly blocking his path to the door.

“Get out of my way” he shouted pushing me out of his way. He left in a hurry before I could even regain my senses from being pushed. ‘This was going to be harder than I thought’

I soon caught up to Daehyun just as he was entering his dorm. I caught the door before it closed on me. He looked back in shock and groaned at the sight of me.

“Nice to see you again” I gave a small wave and smirked at him

“What do you want? Money? I’ll give you money if you just leave me alone.” He waved his hands in frustration

I laughed at his rage “As much as that does sound tempting. NO. Look can’t you just give me a chance. You like singing and I need help with singing so help me.” What I actually meant was if I can’t get him to fall in love with the girl I choose, then I’m going to vanish from the angel and human world. Can’t exactly tell him that yet or he’ll hate me forever.

Now Daehyun was standing with his arms crossed. “I don’t want to help you. You join a singing course if you’re good, not if you’re learning. Why are you in my dorm anyway?!”

‘Ouch that was harsh’

“Look you don’t need to be nice to me…if you don’t want to ruin your ‘bad boy image’ just help me improve my singing” ‘I had to start somewhere with gaining this boy’s trust’

“Fine. We’ll start tomorrow. Just leave me alone right now” He replied bluntly

I gave a small smile as I held my hand for him to shake “You’ve got yourself a truce Jung Daehyun”

“For now” he shook my hand slightly and pointed me to the door

I left his dorm satisfied with my efforts. It was difficult but I’ll soon get there. Now… the girl.

A girl who would match Daehyun… well visually a lot of girls would match Daehyun. But would they match his rude personality?

Deep in thought I was interrupted by the girl I met this morning. “Oh hey! I’m Kim Minah. I bumped into you this morning. I’m sorry about that by the way”

I smiled at the girl and forgave her. She seemed nice. I shook her hand hand introducing myself.

“So you’re new?” she asked me and I nodded in response “I’m in the singing major”

Minah looked at me impressed. “You’ll have to sing for me one day. I really like it when people sing” ‘Perfect. Minah likes people who sing and Daehyun sings all the time’

“So do you like Jung Daehyun then? He sings really well” I was going to have to be persistent if I wanted Minah to notice Daehyun and Daehyun to notice Minah.

She smiled at the ground before answering me “Well he is a good singer and very handsome but I’ve never gotten to know much of him. Being in different courses it’s difficult. Why did you ask about Daehyun anyway?”

“Oh I just wanted to ask since he’s the most well-known from the singing course” I think I need to be more suttle with my match making… “Well I have to go now. Nice to meet you Minah. I’ll see you later”

With a wave I left Minah rushing in order for her not to become suspicious of my earlier question. In my complete rush I accidently ran into a pole falling onto my bottom. I rubbed my sore head as the pain numbed and a laugh filled my ears. My eyes glanced up and I saw the infamous smirk of the one and only Jung Daehyun.

“Now I know why you can’t sing well. If you can’t control the way you walk how are you supposed to control your voice when singing?” He laughed at me as I pouted trying to get up from the ground. I wanted to answer but Daehyun continued ridiculing me

“Please tell me I’m not going to be wasting my time teaching you how to sing. At least I’ll get a laugh out of teaching you” He folded his arms still patronising me

My hands curled into a fist through my anger “Look Jung Daehyun. You told me to leave you alone and I did, now leave me alone.” I turned my heel in a huff and walked away. Without looking back I heard Daehyun shout insults towards me. That Bastard. No wonder no one could make him fall in love he has no heart.

I would’ve cried in anger and desperation for help but NO. I Song Ji Hae hate crying. Even though I knew it wasn’t the last of Jung Daehyun’s antics, I wasn’t going to let him stop me from fulfilling my duty. Gaining his trust was going to be hard but making him fall in love with Minah was going to be even harder.

‘They say falling in love is easier than falling out of love. Look out Jung Daehyun, when Song Ji Hae is the angel nothing stops her from bringing two people together… unless Jung Daehyun is still trying to fall out of love.’

-----

Hi everyone. Ch2 is up! Last update for a while since school will get in the way. Last bit was a narration for what’s to come. I can tell you now the chapters will become more interesting. Thank you to my subscribers xx I swear I hate making Daehyun seem like a complete jerk but just remember it’s only a story. THANKS!! P.S sorry for any mistakes in this chapter I’m not the best writer.. So please forgive me.