Ch5: Time

Believe it

SONG JI HAE (OC) POV

 

I tapped my foot impatiently as I waited for Daehyun at the practice room. Soon a red-faced boy ran around the corner and stopped in front of me to catch his breath.

 

“Okay. So you’re either running because you couldn’t wait to tell me I was right about Minah or you’re running because you’re embarrassed. Which one is it Jung Daehyun?”

 

My eyebrows arched as I awaited his reply but I couldn’t keep my laughter in as I watched him trying to catch his breath. “You’re a singer yet you can’t pace your running and breathing?”

 

“Shut… up.” His reply finally came and I realized his face became serious. This was not a laughing matter.

 

I sighed, anxiety filling my body as I led his breathless self into the practice room and sat him on a chair. Silence filled the room except for the occasional chatter outside of the glass window as students passed by. Daehyun and I both stared at each other. Daehyun’s mixed emotions could be seen from a mile away. His eyes showed sorrow, his red cheeks showed embarrassment and his frown showed anger.

 

“Are you going to tell me what happened so I can fix this?” I broke the silence showing my concern.

 

“I froze. I completely froze up because I saw Minji in her. Minah reminded me of Minji so much… I just couldn’t do it,” He shook his head slowly. “I’m sorry”

 

To be honest I was in utter shock. I can’t believe he apologized. Minji must be really important to Daehyun that his heart of ice melted at the mention of her name. I stared back at him still in shock but my eyes met his own glazed with tears.

 

“Daehyun. I should be the one saying sorry. I shouldn’t have made you talk to Minah. It just takes time and I shouldn’t have rushed it.”

 

Frustration filled Daehyun’s face, “I too wanted myself to be brave and strong. It’s been way too long and Minji hasn’t come back yet… It’s time for me to move on but I can’t and that’s why I’m so frustrated with myself”

 

I could understand his pain. When Daehyun doesn’t have his boundaries up he can be really vulnerable. He’s had a difficult past, a past no one ever deserves to experience but it happens.

 

“Daehyun,” with the mention of his name his eyes lifted themself from the table to meet mine. “This was one time out of the millions of chances you’ll get. You can’t let this one time bring you down. Like I said before… it takes time. For goodness sake, you’re Jung Daehyun. What happened to all the pride you had in yourself?”

 

I finally got a small laugh from Daehyun as he nodded in agreement with my words. “And for what it’s worth I’m sure Minah didn’t think much of you running away from her”

 

Daehyun rolled his eyes. “What makes you think that?”

 

A smile beamed from my face as I turned Daehyun around to face the glass window. Minah was waving through the window to get my attention before she started coming into the room. Daehyun quickly turned to me with wide eyes looking in every direction as he became flustered.

 

“Hi Ji Hae, Daehyun.” She bowed towards us and continued with a smile plastered on her face. “Uhm. Daehyun we didn’t get to talk earlier when you came up to me. I was hoping we’d be able to go talk at a café or something.”

 

His feet fidgeted under the table as he tried to mumble an answer. I rolled my eyes at his awkwardness and inwardly cringed as I answered for him.

 

“Daehyun would need to check for his free time first. You know with all of the term viewings and examinations coming up but he’ll call you about when you can meet up. Just give him your phone number” I smiled and gave a sly wink in Daehyun’s direction. ‘He really did owe me a lot’

 

“Yeah sure.” Minah smiled and the two exchanged phone numbers before Minah rushed off to a student meeting.

 

Daehyun let out an exasperated sigh as he leant his head on the table. I honestly tried so hard to keep my teasing remarks in because I knew Daehyun had been through such a difficult time but my laughter burst out like a volcano erupting.

My ears and cheeks turned red as I held onto my stomach, wriggling in my seat gasping for breath in between laughs.

 

“HA. HA. Very funny” sarcasm dripped from Daehyun’s mouth as he watched me continue to laugh. It took me awhile to regain my composure as Daehyun just kept watching me expecting me to burst out into laughter anytime soon.

 

I gave small coughs finally sitting upright in my chair before I finally looked at Daehyun with a small smirk “Aren’t you supposed to be saying something to me?”

 

His face turned into a scowl immediately as he kicked me under the table “YAH. Since when did you become so sassy?”

 

“Are you going to say the magic words or should I re enact your blank face when Minah came to talk to you?” I laughed and stared straight ahead copying Daehyun’s blank and embarrassing expression.

 

“Stop. YAH. Stop. Okay fine. Thank you. But seriously are you like cupid or something?”

 

‘Yeah… something like that’ I just laughed at his remarks as he became embarrassed once again.

 

‘Poor little Dae. Looks like Ji hae had to do all the talking for you. Don’t worry Dae, you’ll learn the ropes to dating in no time. BUT still think this matchmaking deal is easy? Of course it isn’t… especially when the client is Jung Daehyun’

 

----

Kind of rushed this update because I really wanted to update this story. I’m so sorry for being so inactive I am quite busy nowadays. I can’t wait to write more chapters to this story though because I have so much planned –Daestarlight

 

Thank you so much for reading this story!^^