Ch3: Good side

Believe it

JI HAE (OC) POV

“You know tapping your fingers on the table isn’t going to make you a better singer” Daehyun pointed out rudely as I sat down thinking about his singing pointers. Being in the same room as Daehyun was hell and I’m an angel for goodness sake. Hell and angels do not match.

“Shut up Jung Daehyun” I mirrored his irritated look and he sat down next to me

Trying to make this arrogant snob warm up to me so I could match make him with another girl was difficult. For one, he was impatient. He won’t listen to anything I say and yet again he is an arrogant snob. I turned towards the annoyed boy sitting next to me. He sat there glaring at me “well are you going to try the tips I just gave you or just sit around thinking”

I rolled my eyes and proceeded to the recording booth singing a song of his choice and taking into account the tips he gave. As the song ended I turned towards him. He still didn’t look anywhere near satisfied but he was tired so he beckoned me out of the booth.

“Still not getting the high notes right but I’m tired and you owe me lunch” He said in an exasperated voice

“Lunch? Who said I owe you lunch?” I stood with my hands on my hips. If Jung Daehyun was going to be stubborn I could be too.

He mimicked my voice and brushed my shoulder as he walked towards the door “I gave you my time so you owe me lunch”

I blew a piece of hair out of my eyes. If this was the way to get on Daehyun’s good side… I’m definitely the one being disadvantaged. I trudged out of the room walking besides Daehyun to the cafeteria.

---

I looked at Daehyun with an expectant face as we took our seats in the cafeteria. He returned the look with an annoyed “What?”

“Aren’t you going to say thank you? Gosh, at least have some manners”

He scoffed at my words and continued eating. Although he was a snob he was a perfectionist. Daehyun needed to be perfect at everything and I mean E V E R Y T H I N G. Well he wasn’t perfect at being nice but everything besides that. He was perfect at singing, intelligent heck the guy even ate in the most perfect way possible… and then there was me. Opposite him, shoving all the food down my throat as fast as I could. Who could blame me? Daehyun had been giving me singing tips for over 3 hours and I hadn’t eaten any breakfast.

Daehyun obviously didn’t empathise with me “Could you eat your food in a less animal-like way?” He gave me elevator eyes as I followed them and saw my appearance. I gave a sheepish smile and continued shovelling food into my mouth. Despite being a great angel, I wasn’t perfect. Not like Daehyun but you know who is… Kim Minah.

Speaking of the devil… wait no angel in her case. Kim Minah walked into the cafeteria as she popped up into my mind.

“Hey Daehyun it’s Kim Minah! Let’s offer her to sit with us” I started waving and calling Minah’s name but to my dismay Daehyun started pulling my hand down and covering my mouth.

“Why the heck are you calling her over? Isn’t it bad enough to have you around?”

I pouted crossing my arms. “Do you really hate people that much? She’s like the girl version of Youngjae, friendly and smiley”

“Not all people just her and well you...-“

I cut him off. “And all the other people in the entire world. Gees. You don’t even know her that well”

“First of all. DO NOT CUT ME OFF.” I scoffed at his words but gestured for him to continue “Second of all. I know her but she doesn’t know me very well”

I was finally getting something out of this boy “okay… and why do you know her but she doesn’t know you?” A small smile crept up onto my face as I urged him to tell me. I was expecting him to say he had been crushing on her for years… well I was hoping.

BUT that certainly wasn’t the case.

“Why should I even be telling you?” Daehyun avoided my eyes

“You’ve let too much information out and I want to know” I poked his cheek to annoy him even more. I was winning alright. He stared at me with the most blank expression. It was like the cogs in his head were whirling around to see if he could escape but my eyes were winning this staring competition and he knew it.

“Fine. Don’t tell anybody okay or else I will make your life miserable.”

I smiled. I was really winning now “If I tell anyone, you’ll make my life miserable? HAH don’t worry I won’t be telling anyone. Believe it or not you, Youngjae and Minah are the only ones I talk to”

He gave me a stern look and pointed his finger at me “Don’t tell anyone.” His eyes were drilling holes into my face “I had a girlfriend her name was Minji. She was Minah’s best friend. She wanted to keep our relationship a secret because of her family, so nobody knew. Youngjae didn’t know and Minah didn’t know. I couldn’t take keeping it a secret so I asked her but well she moved away and I haven’t seen her since. I didn’t want Minah to come over here because she reminds me of her”

Daehyun’s eyes gazed towards the window, his mood escalating. The arrogant snob had a soft spot. I looked at him for a while as he entered his own thoughts.

“So you’re still in love with Minji?” I already knew the answer but I just wanted him to confirm it

“Yes…” That simple answer. That simple answer was the word that brought me to the negative side. He was still in love with the girl and I was trying to make him fall in love with her best friend.  I felt sorry for him but I was still determined. Since Daehyun had told me the truth he seemed less superior and I was now on his good side. Might have taken a while and a lot… A LOT of persistence but I finally got onto his good side. Now that I was on his good side… I’m willing to take the opportunity to ridicule him whenever it was possible

“And so that incident is the reason you became a stubborn, cold snob? Or was it just because you were born cold and arrogant?” I smirked at him

“YAH! Just because you know the truth doesn’t mean I’m going to joke around with you” He pointed his finger like a dictator but a smile crept up onto his face as he poked my sides and I flailed around helplessly at the childish attack.

‘Raise the white flags. Jihae has made it onto Jung Daehyun’s good side. Will she be there to stay on his good side or will a turn of events bring her back onto his bad side?’

---------------------------------------------------------

I updated! Hope you enjoyed Daehyun’s truth. Don’t get me wrong he is still going to be the arrogant snob he is but just a tad less.

Sorry for any mistakes made in the chapter. Please comment your thoughts and thank you for reading ^^ -Daestarlight