Ch4: Easy

Believe it

 

SONG JI HAE (OC) POV

Another day in the practice studio. I was actually improving with my singing which is great BUT… learning to sing properly isn’t my task – getting Daehyun to fall in love with Minah was my task.

I looked at the boy through the practice window. He was just as tired as I was. “Daehyun. We’ve been practicing for an hour already. Let’s go take a break”

Youngjae who had been sitting in on my practice chimed a response in agreement “Yeah Dae. Take a break”

On the other hand Daehyun was not pleased. Even if he looked tired he was still going to act like the superior one and pretend he can handle exhaustion. What an idiot. I rolled my eyes as he began talking. I already knew he was going to object our requests to take a break.

“We can’t take a break. Our term viewings are coming up and we need to practice. Especially you.” Daehyun said pointing to me

I looked at Youngjae mimicking Daehyun’s facials and he laughed giving me a knowing smile whilst Daehyun kept going on about practice, practice and practice. Daehyun didn’t look like he was going to change his mind anytime soon so Youngjae and I took a hold of his arms and dragged his stubborn onto a journey.

“Yah! Where are you taking me? This is like kidnapping. Youngjae I thought you were my friend. Yah. Song Ji Hae!” Daehyun soon relented and followed us with a small pout. Although I was on Daehyun’s good side, he was still the same stubborn boy to everyone else. A little less of a jerk to Youngjae and me.

“Where are you taking me?” he huffed trying to struggle from Youngjae’s grasp. No need to answer him as Youngjae stopped in his tracks and presented Daehyun with an ice cream parlour. “Remember, where we used to take our breaks?” Youngjae asked Daehyun

Daehyun gave a grave smile as Youngjae entered the store and chose a seat. I followed in suite as I heard Daehyun whisper to himself. Daehyun and I sat down at a table whilst Youngjae went to order for us.

“You went here with Minji didn’t you?” I nudged the frozen Daehyun. I could sense his tension when we arrived at the store. It was like he went down memory lane. He gave me a slight nod but didn’t continue as Youngjae was coming back to the table.

I wonder what Minji was like. Daehyun must’ve really loved her because if someone I liked moved away without warning… without saying goodbye, I would feel pure hatred. But Daehyun… all he feels for Minji is love.

Soon our ice cream orders came to the table and our chatter soon continued between the three of us until Youngjae asked “Why did you stop wanting to go here so suddenly?” he turned to Daehyun

I knew the answer. Daehyun knew the answer. Both of us just didn’t want to admit the truth to Youngjae. The always smiling Youngjae had to be let down and ignored with this question. Passing the question by as if we didn’t really hear him Daehyun lightly commented on his ice cream but Youngjae continued pestering him for an answer. “Daehyun. We used to come here all the time. It was your favourite ice cream place but you suddenly didn’t want to come here. Why?”

I gulped my saliva. I knew Daehyun’s eyes were wandering for places to look at except for Youngjae’s face. “Uh… well I just thought we would go somewhere else”

“But then you started becoming well uhm mean to others except me” Youngjae commented

As much as I liked Youngjae I actually wish he would shut his mouth right now. I could tell Daehyun had no idea what to say so I decided to make a light joke out of it and hope for the best.

“What do you mean he became mean? Wasn’t Daehyun always like this?” I joked and smirked at Daehyun. A sigh of relief was let out and Youngjae fell into a heap of laughs. As I had hoped Youngjae didn’t even question Daehyun more as he was occupied trying to refrain from laughing too much.

Daehyun mouthed a small thank you and I whispered back “You owe me”

---

Soon after Youngjae had left to meet up with some other friends and it was just Daehyun and I walking back to the practice studio. “Okay so what do you want from me?” Daehyun let out an exasperated voice

“I want you to try. I want you to try and move on from Minji.”

He stopped walking. I don’t think he was expecting this reply. “If you think I’m going to date you Ji Hae then I’m sorry I can’t.”

I nearly choked on my own saliva at his words “oh my. No I didn’t mean that you idiot! I meant like Minah. If she reminds you so much of Minji why not give it a try”

I shook my head at his earlier assumption and we both fell into a fit of laughs. “I can’t believe you thought I wanted to date you. But seriously, go try with Minah. I can tell you now she likes singers” I looked at him wriggling my eyebrows as I mentioned Minah and his face broke into a soft smile

“Well than if she likes singers than I guess I’m the perfect guy because believe me I AM A GREAT SINGER” He said proudly pointing his finger at himself

“You’re also very narcissistic” I said bluntly, sticking my tongue out at him. Just as he was going to retort back I cut him off and pointed into the distance at a girl’s figure “It’s Minah! Now’s your chance”

“Wh-what should I say?” Daehyun was going red and flustered. This boy wasn’t as superior as he thought he was I thought to myself

“Just say hi. Smile and say I told you a lot about her. Be friendly. Act like… act like you would towards Minji and soon it will come naturally”

He looked at me confused “I thought you wanted me to try to move on from Minji”

I gave him a tired look and just pushed him in Minah’s direction giving him an enthusiastic wave. If everything goes to plan, this might just be as easy as I thought it was going to be.

Did you say easy Ji Hae? If you did, think again.

-----

Hi everyone. Enjoy the chapter! Sorry for any mistakes and don’t worry hopefully more drama will come soon… love takes slow progression AHAHA

-Daestarlight