Confusion and Embarrasment

Two Sides

Atalanta felt like her head was spinning. Her long lost childhood friend Oh Sehun? He was... here?

She suddenly heard someone gasp and heard the sound of cans dropping. She whirled around to see her mom staring at Sehun in shock. "B... But," her mom stammered. "You disappeared a long time ago."

Sehun bashfully smiled and said nothing. Atalanta decided it was the perfect time to pretend to faint right there. She heard her mother scream in shock. She felt someone pick her up and closed her eyes completely shut.



It was a hot mid-day of June when 6 boys decided to go help out people at the hospital for community service.

"When are we ever going to meet your friend?" Suho groaned while passing Atalanta's house, sounding very impatient.

"All in the matter of time." Sehun promised. The door of the house flung open, and Sehun alerted everyone. He saw Atalanta running out of the house behind her dad, with her mother following close behind, riding a bike.

D.O.'s jaw dropped. "She's beautiful!" He exclaimed while the others happily sighed in agreement. 

"Come on," Sehun motioned them to follow him. "Let's go follow her!"

They all ran as fast as we could, but Atalanta pulled ahead. She got faster, Sehun thought.

The boys suddenly saw a driver who looked drunk crash into Atalanta's dad. They all stared in horror as Atalanta burst into the clearing. Sehun was panicking so much, he wanted to run towards Atalanta. But when he saw Atalanta's confused expression with tears running down from her eyes, he knew it was a sign to only stay and watch in silence.

They followed the ambulance in Suho's car. "You'd better be careful," Sehun warned Suho as if he was saying a threat. After the six parked, they searched around the whole hospital for Atalanta. Finally, after 20 minutes of searching, Suho found her alone, sitting with her head bowed.  

Suho immediately went to Atalanta and tried to comfort her. But from what Sehun saw, as an old friend of Atalanta, he knew that nothing could get her to feel better at the moment.

In all this happening, Kai sat far away, awkwardly staring at Atalanta.

"Is my hair perfect?" Baekhyun suddenly asked Kai. Kai cringed while shaking his head.

"I bet look so handsome right now." Kai heard D.O. say in return. Kai was extremely annoyed and couldn't believe that that's the first thing that could come out of their mouths in the situation.

Chanyeol added, "Excuse me? You look like you've just been out of bed! I am flawless every day." Chanyeol scoffed and looked at the mirror located right above where Kai sat. Sehun was too worried to be listening to the 3 boys obsessing over themselves.

Sehun decided to be brave and go to Atalanta. The only thing that came to his mind was to just comfort her by rubbing her head.

Atalanta's head suddenly shot up, and she glared at Sehun. She stepped hard on his foot without notice. While Sehun was crouching in pain, she elbowed him in the back, and ran away.

The six boys ran after her, and saw her running in the bathroom. They patiently waited for her to come out, and when she did, Sehun spoke in an angry tone.

"I was your best friend, and the first thing you do is to attack me?" Atalanta looked at his face, and Sehun realized she had gotten more beautiful in the past years. "Sehun..." She said in a tiny voice while looking at him in disbelief. Right then, Sehun spotted someone behind her.

It was Atalanta's mom. She looked older than Sehun had last seen her. But something made her look wiser and more nice.

He stepped forward to announce his presence. Atalanta's mom looked surprised, but immediately gave him a warm smile. Sehun shook the woman's hand and looked down in dismay.

"Mrs. Constantinou..." He spoke in a quiet tone. "Drop the formality, Sehun." Atalanta's mom tried her best to say it without trembling. "Time does not change who we are." 

Sehun slowly nodded. "Why did you-" Perhaps Atalanta decided it was the perfect time to faint, because she collapsed on the ground.

Atalanta's mom screamed in shock, and she also fainted. Sehun went to pick Atalanta up, but D.O. reached her first. Chanyeol carried Atalanta's mom, and he loped off to find a doctor.

The boys all followed behind Chanyeol, and they found the doctor. Atalanta's mom woke up before they boys could say a thing to the doctor. When the doctor looked at Atalanta, he looked very serious.

"She is in risk of having a coma. She will probably wake up after 10 minutes, if she'll be able to get past the risk of a coma."

Kai left the room right then. Atalanta's mom stared in shock at Kai, and apologized to the doctor.

"We have to leave right now. Thank you for your time." She bowed and left the room following Kai.

They all left, this time Suho carrying Atalanta. Kai came out of the bathroom. "My bladder was about to burst, so I had to leave the room."

Everyone rolled their eyes or scoffed. "It's a good thing that you did, because I was falling asleep because the doctor droned on forever." D.O. said while giggling.

The others all stared at him, because it was a very rude thing to say, and D.O. was always oh-so-manly. Just then, Atalanta's eyes fluttered open. Her head shot up so quickly that her lips actually brushed against Suho's cheek.

Suho blushed bright red while Atalanta ran away, and everyone's jaws dropped. Sehun's vision became blurry, because he had always liked Atalanta since they were little kids.

When his vision cleared, he found Suho on the ground, one of his cheeks redder than the other. Sehun realized that he had punched Suho in the face.

 


Authors' Note(s):

Doveheart: Hello my lovely readers! How do you like it so far? Exo-M will come soon, so please be patient. They will get mentioned in the next chapter, but I will not reveal if they are going to come out. Please keep reading, and be patient!

Jesuistresfatigue: You know, you even make grammar errors when you write your author's note. It's not Exo-M, it should be EXO-M. Hello, talk about grammar here!

Doveheart: Ignore her, please. She's just being very snotty today. Actually, she's always snotty, but... You get the idea.

Jesuistresfatigue: I'm getting tired of arguing with you. Thank you, everyone, for reading our fanfiction!

Doveheart: Yes! Muchos gracias!

Jesuistresfatigue: ...Why Spanish?

Doveheart: Just felt like it. :P