Thief and Grief

Two Sides

Atalanta ran away as fast as she could. Everything blurred around her, and she burst out of the hospital. She ran to her house and flung open the door. She ran upstairs to her room and locked the door. Her cheeks turned red when she recalled Suho's eyes which were as big as the moon, and his cheeks turning bright red when he looked down at her. 

She wondered how she would live with the embarrassment of the accident. She pondered for hours and pinched herself countless times to make sure all of this wasn't a dream. Suddenly, there was a banging noise on her room's door. She realized she hadn't locked the door of her house, so anyone could've come in. She grabbed the heaviest textbook she could find and opened the door. She didn't look at the person's face and smashed it down as hard as she could on the person's head. 

When Atalanta looked at the person, she realized that the person was wearing a mask that covered his face. She shivered, ran to the door of her house, and locked it. She called the police, and they came over right away. The police said that the thief will be questioned. Atalanta became scared alone in her house. She checked the time on her watch and it read 1:00 AM. She didn't know that time had passed so quickly. She suddenly realized she needed to go to the hospital because she needed to check if her dad was okay. 

Atalanta grabbed her purse, but didn't put much money in it, afraid of getting it stolen. She put on a hoodie, and left the house. When she reached the hospital, she put a cap over her head, tucking her hair in the cap, to make sure that nobody recognized her. She tapped on a doctor's shoulder, and took off her cap, making her long hair tumble down. 

"The visiting hours have past." The doctor said.

"I'm not here to visit anybody. I'm here to ask about Mr.Constantinou's condition." Atalanta replied confidently. The doctor looked pityingly at her.

"As I have already informed you, Mr. Constantinou had passed away already. There was no way we could've saved him."

Atalanta's legs felt weak, and she burst into tears.

"You could've saved him!" She screamed while grabbing the doctor's shoulders and shaking it violently. "You should've tried harder to save him!" 

Atalanta felt someone wrap their arms around her. She was being dragged away from the doctor. When she looked up with red and swollen eyes at the person, she saw Chanyeol smiling down at her. She saw the rest of EXO-K behind Chanyeol.

Atalanta then cried like she never cried before. She cried on Chanyeol's t-shirt, leaving a wet stain on it. She fainted yet again, for the second time that day. 


When Atalanta woke up, she found herself in a comfy bed, in a strangely familiar house, but she knew that the house wasn't hers.

She sat up and found that Baekhyun had watched over her while she was sleeping. She smiled because he was making little whimpering sounds while he was sleeping.

Atalanta wanted to play a prank, so she went to the kitchen and found freezing water in the refrigerator. She crept back to where Baekhyun was sleeping, and poured the water over him. She then ran away, and could hear Baekhyun waking up with a loud yell that could've woken up the whole neighborhood. 

While Atalanta was running, smiling in victory and pumping her fists in the air, she bumped into Suho. Her eyes widened and she apologized while blushing.

"H...hi." Suho stammered. Atalanta replied with an awkward wave. She heard someone behind her.

Atalanta jumped, flipped in the air 3 times, and crashed into the person, and the person collapsed.

"You attack me again?" She heard the person underneath her groan. Her eyes widened again.

Atalanta stood up, and she found that the person underneath her was Sehun. "Sorry! Just don't sneak up to me like that ever again!" She apologized.

Sehun smiled and ruffled her hair. "I bet Tao would be proud of you when he sees you." Sehun joked.

"Who's Tao?" She asked, curious. "A guy who's very good at martial arts." A voice distant away from her answered.

Confused, Atalanta whirled around to see Baekhyun dripping wet with ice water, glaring at her.

"I bet he could beat you down by martial arts as a punishment, when I tell him you nearly drowned me in freezing water!" he growled.

Baekhyun pushed her onto the bed near her, and began to tickle Atalanta non-stop.

"STOP!" Atalanta screamed. "It's tickle torture!" Baekhyun yelled. Sehun and Suho watched in amusement. "Somebody help!" She screamed while laughing.

A good idea came to Atalanta's mind. She stopped fidgeting, and began to fake cry.

"See!" Sehun yelled. "You made her cry!" He huffed and puffed, which made him look a bit funny.

"I didn't do it on purpose!" Baekhyun yelled while running away from Sehun and Atalanta.

Atalanta couldn't hold in her laughter anymore. She laughed like she never laughed before.

"You dare prank me again?" Baekhyun came back running, and all of EXO-K began tickling Atalanta, and Kai and Chanyeol joined in. "S...Stop!"  She screamed at the top of her lungs. Atalanta burst into tears again, but this time it was real. "My father... I miss him!" She caterwauled. 

"Hush little baby don't you cry," Someone suddenly came, singing, "D.O.'s going to buy you a mocking bird. But if that mocking bird don't sing, D.O.'s gon-" D.O.'s singing was interrupted by a loud knock on the door.

"You people in there!" A neighbor shouted. "Stop causing a ruckus in the middle of the night! The whole neighborhood woke up because of you!" He angrily stormed away.

"Whoops," Atalanta whispered while giggling like crazy. Kai pulled faces and mimicked the stranger, saying "be quiet" again and again in a nosy voice.

"I bet the person was an old lady wearing a bathrobe, with a facial mask on her ugly face." Chanyeol butted in, saying, "And cucumbers on her eyes!"

"That's very rude." A person said behind them. They turned around to see a guy with really heavy dark circles. "Tao?" EXO-K said simultaneously.

 

 

 


Jesuistresfatigue: Salutations, salutations. I'm the only one here today, 'cause Doveheart is a bit too lazy to write an author's note for this chapter. Hopefully she'll be back in the next one! Speaking of her absence... I CAN COMPLAIN ALL I WANT NOW! Woohoo! First of all, Doveheart puts way too much exclamation marks, makes numerous spelling errors, and likes to get rid of some commas in between sentences... @.@ Don't tell her I said that though! Thanks<3 And remember to subscribe, comment, and upvote!