Strange, Unfamiliar, but Warm Realization

Two Sides

Important author's note! Please read it!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Atalanta went to her back garden before going to the hotel. She felt like she needed personal space, and no 10 boys wailing for her attention, excluding Jungkook. She sat on a bench, and looked at the star filled sky. She checked her watch and it read 6:00 AM in the morning. She groaned and ruffled her hair. Jungkook sat next to her. He didn't tell her, but he just had a conversation with Sehun. Atalanta stood up and walked to a pathway of roses. She guestured to Jungkook to follow.

"What do you want to say to me?" Atalanta asked. "I know you came here to talk to me." Jungkook flinched. She knew him a little too well for his comfort. "Why are you letting me stay in your home? Why are you acting generous? Huh?" Jungkook questioned, a little too rude for Atalanta's comfort. "If you don't want to stay here, then leave! Your friends probably think you're a betrayer, leaving them! I know you didn't leave them, they left you, but they would deny it until the end! I took you in because you needed time to heal, and that you would ease the tension between EXO and BTS! Leave!" Atalanta retorted and left, leaving Jungkook alone.

                                                                                             ---

Jungkook plucked a rose out of a rose bush. He ignored the searing pain in his fingers and inhaled the scent deeply. He didn't know why he felt so sad that Atalanta was so mad at him. Tears welled in his eyes and dripped on the ground. He realized this feeling was a feeling he never experienced. He suddenly knew what it was. It was love. He knew it was too soon, but after looking at her healing Suho's wounds, he felt jealous so he punched her thinking that it would teach her to only look at him, and nobody else. It was love for him on first sight. 

Jungkook smiled, giddy with happiness despite the tears running down his face. If anyone saw him this moment, they would think he was selene. He got a call from Rap Monster. He wiped his tears away. "Hello?" He asked. "We will be the greatest group in the world if you do exactly what I tell you. I need you to pretend that you love Atalanta, get together with her, because EXO is the top group and we're the second, but a lot of EXO members like Atalanta so they would do anything to try to get her attention when she's with you. We will soon be the top group! Hurry up and do what we asked you to do." Rap Monster said quickly without a hello, are you okay, we miss you, come back or anything.  

 

Jungkook decided to get on the good side of Atalanta again. He went up to Atalanta's room and was about on knock on the door, but heard crying which made his knuckles waver in front of the door. "Why do I have to be so rich? Why does everyone look up to me? Why? Life is unfair. That is the only thing that I am certain about life." She wailed. She suddenly paused. "Jungkook." Jungkook flinched when he heard his name called out. "Don't stand there acting like a stupid coward. Come in." Jungkook pushed open the door and looked around. Like his room, it had a balcony but it was way bigger, had her own bathroom, had a huge four poster bed with curtains, there was a walk-in wardrobe, a little trapdoor on the ceiling which led to the roof which had a swimming pool in shape of a cat, a huge white, furry rug, and way more furnitures that only princesses would have. 

Atalanta was curled up on a red velvet couch which had a table in front with hot chocolate with three marshmallows, and gingerbread cookies. She lifted her head up to look at him. Jungkook then realized that he was still standing in the doorway with his mouth hanging open. He sat down in the couch in front of her, and cleared his throat. "I'm sorry about earlier. I... I was just being a inquirer and asked. I knew I shouldn't have. It kind of offended me that I was the bridge way of two groups into peace. I wanted to shout that I am not something that you can step on to go to the other side." 

Atalanta smiled, but it looked pained. "Don't attempt trying to make me smile. I'm in a serious mood. However, I am sorry I lost my temper there. I was raised spoiled, and I always think that if I do something for someone, they must do something for me too. That's always how my life worked and works. I will try to improve it on the future. You may go, or stay as you wish. You are welcome here. It would probably be the best for you to stay in my room because I hear several boys outside trying to overhear our conversation, and is pushing each other trying to make one another come inside my room."

The door opened and Suho, Sehun, Chanyeol, Chen and Tao rubbed their heads shamefully as they came in her room. The boys were taken aback by her room except for Sehun who had already been inside tons of times. Kai suddenly barge in the room and dragged Atalanta outside. "I sense that you have something to say to me. What is it?" Atalanta asked curiously. Kai looked nervous. "Not here." He decided. "Let's go to your garden where nobody can hear us and where nobody can see us from the balconies." He said. Atalanta led him to the rose pathway where she had gotten upset at Jungkook not long ago. "You can say whatever you want." Atalanta said.

Kai's eyes darted around the whole rose garden before he relaxed and sat down on the ground. Atalanta copied suit and looked at him curiously. "You know a while ago I told you that dragons are real? Well, it's true. I don't know the legends, but since I told you dragons are real, I'm pretty sure you will know without having to learn them. I am your trainer, because I am also a dragon. EXO doesn't realize it, but BTS attacked them because BTS are werewolves, and EXO are dragons. Sehun had joined them because he wanted peace, and he had nowhere to go after the incident..." Kai's voice trailed away.

"You're my trainer? Thank god you're my trainer! I don't want anyone who is silly, or bad at fighting to train me. I heard you beat Jimin and V alone without anyone's help! Anyways, what is the incident? Are BTS really werewolves? Does Sehun know he's a dragon?" Atalanta's voice kept on rising. "Shhhh!" Kai whispered. "Not too loud! Yes, he knows he's a dragon. Only me, Sehun, and Suho knows. Me and Sehun are the youngest, so our moms wanted to protect us so they told us. Suho knows because he's the leader." Kai took a deep, trembling breath, and let it out.

They both didn't realize that Jungkook had stalked them and heard the whole conversation. His head was spinning. 'Atalanta?' He thought. 'A dragon? I know that dragons and werewolves can get together, but dragons and dragons, werewolves and werewolves are more frequent. Does that mean I will lose her to them?' Jungkook became so nervous that he started to freak out. 'I can't lose her to them! Not them!' He thought bewilderedly. 

Atalanta's head snapped to the bushes Jungkoo was hiding, but Jungkook slipped away. Atalanta searched in the bushes, but found nothing. 'Must have been a squirrel.' She thought. "Thank you for telling me the truth Kai. It must've not been easy trying to tell me." Atalanta said while smiling at him. "You know when I held the knife up to your throat, I did it for a purpose. I was trying to see if you were going to attack me with words, or punches. It seems like words fit you better than punches, because they left me hollow, paralyzed, and I couldn't remember who I was for a hour. And besides, I knew you wouldn't kiss me so... Yeah. Try to improve on your words a little more, then your enemy will be paralyzed forever." Kai confessed. "It seems like you always have a purpose." Atalanta said while smiling. 

Kai rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah. I do. I always have a purpose."

Author's note: I just wanted to tell you guys, on the cover photo, you know the dragons? They were actually drawn by somebody else, but I edited them to my style, and colored them in different colors. And if some of you are wondering where Luhan and Kris is, I was actually pondering if I should include them in the story or not. I had thought of it for a long time, so that was one of the reasons why I didn't update. Please don't worry if I had left you in a cliff hanger, because I will come back and update. Let's come back to the Luhan and Kris discussion. If you want them to be in the story or not, please put your opinion down, and a feedback on my story!