{ rejection. part 2 }

One Sided Marriage

/refer to media for the conversation before the phone call/

short a/n: this will be mostly speech and it'll go from Ae Rim-Kyungsoo-Ae Rim-Kyungsoo, basically like send and receive.

Ae Rim and Kyungsoo's Call
"Kyungs-"

"Explain everything to me, right from the beginning. How you got engaged, how the hell it's Luhan, EVERY SINGLE DETAIL."

"Okay, well, starting from the beginning. I was just walking around at home when my mom told me Luhan was getting married to me. I thought I was overworked and was starting to hear things, so I shrugged it off and thought that Luhan was getting married to another girl and joked that he had the nerve not to tell me. Then, my mom said louder, that I was the bride. She rambled on and on about how beautiful I would look and some other random stuff, but I didn't hear anything because it was so overwhelming."

"Continue."

"Then I ran up to my room, cried and screamed... Typical girl moment there. I called Luhan, shouted whether he agreed to the marriage, and he said he agreed willingly. May I emphasise, WILL-ING-LY."

"And after that..."

"I met Luhan at our regular spot, you know, that big tree in between our houses? Yeah, he was sitting there and I told him to spill. That's when..."

"When...?"

"He confessed to me. Saying things like, 'I wait for 11:11 to wish for you-"

"Insert cringing emoji on my face please."

"Shut up Kyungsoo! I'm being serious here, God. And other things, like, 'I want to start the day waking up next to your beautiful face and end the day by holding you in my arms as we fall asleep'. Something along those lines."

"Much cheesy."

"Stop it. So after that, I ran away, crying and apologising at the same time. Right into my room, ignoring my mom. She came up asking me why I was crying and... Kyungsoo, please don't sacrifice me to the Dark Lord."

"Wait, why?"

"I said I was crying because you were leaving Korea to study abroad..."

"STUDY? ABROAD? Give me a break, Ae Rim! That's nothing to sacrifice you for..."

"Wait, do you actually sacrifice people-"

"Um... L-Let's just move on from where you stopped..."

"O-Okay... Anyway, that's where my story ends before I decided to contact you."

"So... You didn't stand up for yourself? Talk back? Tell them you didn't want to? I mean, you're only 20! Luhan could be your older brother."

"I know, I know. Luhan's confession was so sincere, he was so happy hearing the news. Plus, I don't want to have a long argument this late at night. I don't want to break Luhan's heart, and I don't want to break my parents' hearts either. Kyungsoo, what should I do, honestly..."

I laid back on my bed, rubbing my temples.

"Well, this is a difficult situation. I suggest you just go along with it... Maybe, sooner or later, you'll find some part of Luhan charming or attractive to you. I don't know, Ae Rim..."

"I guess you're right. Well, good night. Thanks for listening to your idiot friend at this time. You must be tired."

"No, not at all. I had nothing to do this entire day, so I'm glad you called."

"Hey, you didn't do anything for the project?"

"Um. Okay. Gotta go now. Bye."

Do Kyungsoo everybody, forever evading questions related to education.