╚the truth is...╝

One Sided Marriage

/author pov/

The "usual place" was a bench underneath this big tree where Luhan and you would always play at when you were young. The tree was a meeting spot for you and Luhan after school. The tree was within walking distance from both your houses, you could say it was in the middle between your houses.

/back to your pov/

Luhan was already sitting down on the bench, his chin resting on his fist, staring at the ground. He noticed me and looked up, seemingly surprised.

I sat down next to him and pulled down my hoodie.

He was about to say something but I cut him off, "Spill."

"I-I was getting to that," he said.

"Okay. Earlier when you yelled at– I mean, asked me whether I agreed to the marriage or not, I said I agreed, I agreed willingly. Do you want to know why?" He started off.

"Obviously," I said.

There was a silence for a while. Luhan closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"I..."

Another deep breath.

"I like you, okay? A lot. I like–No, love you. You're the one I think about before I go to sleep. I look at the clock for 11:11, so I can wish for you. It's cliché, but I... Love you. I want to start day waking up next to your beautiful face, I want to end the day by holding you in my arms as we fall asleep. I want to sing to you so that you can fall asleep. I want to be the shelter you hide in when you're scared. I want to be your everything, Ae Rim. You've always been mine," Luhan said, weakly smiling after saying everything he needed to.

"Do you see why now? I was on cloud nine hearing I would marry you and–" 

I cut him off. Tears streaming down my cheeks, I said weakly, "Stop."

"I'm sorry, Luhan... I'm so sorry..." I sobbed, running home.