`04

Nostalgia
A week has passed and things are getting along well because I’ve been busy with other schedules besides the movie. Not to mention, on filming location, Hyojoo is a chit-chatter so there is no room for that particular someone to interrupt me.
 
I have a free time after few weeks without one and hanging out with So Eun is what I intend to do on this Friday. I’m at Cube’s staff cafe, waiting for her to arrive back from her drama shoot before we head to shop for her wedding preparations.
 
Sipping my drink, I watch people as they pass by. Out of the blue, two figures appear in front of me and I look upwards at their faces.
 
“Yui!” They greet with a beam.
 
“Oh my god, Yoseob oppa, Dongwoon!” I raise from my seat and hugs Yoseob who’s nearer then later fist bump Dongwoon. Like Doojoon has said, they just finished promoting in Japan. It’s our first time meeting with each other over a year and a half. My relationship with the Beast members, most of them sprout because I dated their leader but these two are exceptions. I get to know them before Doojoon.
 
“How’s our Yui doing?We miss you, you know.” Yoseob says as he reaches for a chair and sit down, accompanying me for the time being.
 
“I’m doing great,” I tell them, “Life’s getting better. Job offers increase, the pay’s good too. How about both of you?”
 
“Life as an idol, tired, obviously. But nevertheless, awesome,” Dongwoon answers on behalf of Yoseob and him, “now we’re back in Korea, we’re having two months rest before preparing for our next album.”
 
I nod. It is a relief I choose the acting path. The idol path is slightly tiring than acting since they have to cater to many fans from all around the world watching their every move and their demand to be on TV is high as well so they have to sacrifice a lot of their time.
 
“Are you here alone?” Dongwoon asks.
 
I say yes, “I’m waiting for So Eun. We’re going shopping.”
 
“Yui-ah,” Yoseob clears his voice and speaks softly, “I heard you’re in a movie with him. Things are fine?”
 
Somehow,that question would pop up sooner or later. They’re his best friends anyway, they surely know what’s up. Dongwoon and Yoseob eye me for an answer.
 
I shrug, not having the right answer but I say, “It’s okay, so far. I don’t mind him, stay professional. We haven’t talk that much except for when needed so I hope it stays that way.” Truth is, I have mix feelings. I am grateful to meet him again but also uncomfortable with him being around but the later is dominating. I have finally move on then he shows up again, tell me who wouldn’t feel the same as I do if that happens?
 
Dongwoon pats my arm apologetically. “It must’ve been hard for you but I don’t know about him, he’s showing no major reaction about it at all.”
 
Yoseob grabs my palm and squeezes it gently, “I know you’re capable of going through this. I feel sorry that this happens to you.”
 
I fake a laugh and convince him, “You don’t have to feel sorry about it. It’s nobody’s fault this happen and hey, I’ve moved on.”
 
“Well, I’m glad you did. You deserve someone better than him although I still ship you two,” Dongwoon chuckles and Yoseob agrees.
 
The three of us have a wonderful time catching up on each other and once So Eun arrive, we say our goodbyes. The rest of the day, I help So Eun with her wedding preparations; from cakes to flowers and dress and we even shop for mine since I’m the bridesmaid.
 
Our last stop is the bridal boutique for dress fitting. She insists on going with me and says she wants to surprise her soon-to-be husband on the wedding day with the dress. Being single and a hopeless romantic, I fantasizes on my future wedding dress, browsing the dresses as if it’s me who’s getting married. So Eun, like the smart girl she is, notices.
 
“Yui-ah,” she calls me from inside the fitting room while I’m supposedly helping her find a dress.
 
“Oh, yes. Are you done?”
 
“No, I’m not. This dress is a bit handy. Yui-ah,” there was a short pause, “do you know, Insoo? The boy from that group, Myname?”
 
The image of the person comes to my mind and I stop whatever I’m doing. “I know who he is but never meet him. Why? You’re going to be in a drama with him?”
 
“No, not that. He’s a friend of Jaerim. You see, he is currently single-”
 
“Eonni...” I roll my eyes at where this conversation is going. They’re playing cupid, again. Planning stuffs behind my back like parents do to their single 25 year old daughter. They've set me up with three guys and none of them pass to the second date, because they're either not my type or I'm not theirs.
 
“I know, I know, but Jaerim says he’s a good guy and he has an interest in you,” So Eun steps out of the fitting room wearing a mermaid dress and she calls me over.
 
“This dress is better than the previous one. It’s totally Jaerim’s style.” I comment on the dress, chuckling and snaps a picture of her in it for review later on. “Can you imagine yourself walking on the aisle in that?”
 
She scrunches her nose, not feeling the dress as she looks in the mirror. “It’s his style, alright,” she points at the the tight curve it has, “but not mine. Okay, back to you. Consider him, please? For Jaerim and I?”
 
I heave a deep sigh, deciding whether I should do it. Come on, Yui, it’s just one date. It won’t hurt to try. Doojoon is in the past, you need to start thinking of the future.
 
Not really happy with my own decision, I put my hands up in surrender. “Fine, I’ll do it. And I've found one dress over there that you might love," I drag myself away from her before she pesters me on my relationship status.
 
"The date is on Monday, he'll be waiting at your apartment and send you to your filming location." So Eun shouts.
 
"Oh my god, you did not!" I exclaim in disbelief. She has already decided on it before I give my approval, she's just as sneaky as her fiance. Why do I even stick to her all these years?
 
"Sorry, I just did!"
 
//////////
 
Monday comes along faster than I initially expected. Last night, I did a little research on this date of mine and many fan accounts wrote on how he's a gentleman and all in all, a good guy. I ended up liking him and look forward to this date.
 
I wear something simple, jeans with top and trench coat with a sunglasses in pocket and a shawl wrapped around my handbag strap. The two accessories are a must whenever people in the industry, no matter how small you are go on dates. Manager Baek Who has compromised with So Eun beforehand is free for the day.
 
I reach the underground parking lot and immediately recognized a man with fake glasses, holding a box of chocolate. A smile creeps up my face. He is leaning against the wall, ocassionally looking at his watch. Taking a deep breath, I approach him. "Am I late?"
 
He stands up straight, smoothing his clothes and smiles at me. He is good looking and I melt a bit at his eye smile. "Ah, hello, I'm Insoo," he hands over the chocolate and I accept it, "Nice to meet you, Yui-shi. And no, you're not really late, I'm just early."
 
I bow, slightly blushing, "Nice to meet you too, Insoo-shi. And thank you for the chocolate. I love it," I say as I take in the scent of the chocolate.
 
"Jaerim said it's your favourite. I'm glad you like it. So, shall we?" He gestures for us to his car, an Audi and I can't take my eyes of it. Insoo opens the door for me and I step in.
 
"So..." he starts the engine and wears the seat belt, "where to?"
 
"Apgeujeong." I say."Oh my god, I can't believe I'm riding this car."
 
"Is that supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing?" "It's a good thing, of course! It's my dream car!" I exclaim, a little bit too excited and he chuckles.
 
"Ah, I see. By the way, you don't have to be so formal with me. You can just call me oppa." He says, before driving out of the parking lot and into the streets.
 
"But we just met few minutes ago, is that even allowed?" I ask jokingly.
 
"Of course, anything is possible with me." He flashes a smile and resume driving. I admit, he is cute when he smiles.
 
The atmosphere between is good, we're getting along quite well for a start as he lead the conversation. We talk mostly on our careers as a warm up to find things in common. The ride from Gwangmyeong to Apgujeong only takes around half an hour and we're almost near the filming site when he asks, "What time will you finish filming?"
 
"Supposedly around 6 but it might drag. Why?" I reply while checking myself in my compact mirror.
 
"I'm picking you up, of course. I'm free the whole day, we can have a proper date later." He promises and the car stops, finally reaching the location.
 
I nod, combing my hair to the back with my fingers. "Okay, so see you later?"
 
"Yeah, sure. Oh, hold on." He quickly hop out of the car and rushes to my side, opening the door. I step out and bow slightly to him. "Thank you for the ride."
 
"My pleasure. Have fun filming, all the best! I'll be looking forward for this evening." He waves me goodbye.
 
"Yeah, me too! Oppa, drive safely!"
 
I walk to the set but stop midway to wave at my date and see him drove off. For the first time, for a date that I've been set up to, I'm anticipating it. Maybe it's a good sign.
 
"Yui-ah." A voice calls from behind me and instinctively I turn around and reply with, "yes?" Doojoon has his eyes fix on me and by the looks of it, he's been standing there for quite some time. He saw it all.
 
"Did you change manager? And he drives an Audi?" His eyes fall on the box of chocolate I'm holding as he speaks.
 
It is obvious he knew that isn't my manager. I sigh, thinking to myself 'why is he being like this?' He's not in place to ask such things.
 
"Can't my manager drives one?" I reply, trying to make it as a joke but his face tells that he doesn't find it amusing.
 
"Is he your boyfriend?" That's it. I don't want to ruin my mood for the day, so I brush past him.
 
"You don't need to know. If you excuse me, I'm going to get dressed."
 
"Wait," he grabs my hand. I stare at our hands and he intermediately let go.
 
"What do you want?" I'm irritated by his sudden intervention.
 
"Nothing, I'm sorry." With that, he walks away leaving me wondering what was that all about. Maybe it's too early to say it's a good sign after all.
 
 

 

Author's note: Hello, happy new year!!! I wish everyone of you a great year fill with happiness! Let's hope I can update regularly and may this story be a success. It's so sad how there are not many Beast's fanfiction here in AFF.

Anyway, subscribe and leave some comments! Thanks for reading, love you xoxo