`03

Nostalgia
 
Trucks, trailers and cars were parked in different angles and direction. It filled up the street in a small town outside of Seoul where middle classed society reside in. The staff, hardworking and driven with spirit were unloading the camera equipment, clothes as well as props. I tugged my trench coat tighter because of the windy weather. I loved the cold but my body could not handle it well.
 
After meeting with the director, I headed to the trailer which I was told to be sharing with Hyojoo. Ever since Korean movies hit it big in the US, the industry kept leaping forward. Star trailers were the most distinct change.
 
“Yui-ah, is that you?” Hyo Joo’s voice greeted me when I opened the door to the caravan.
 
“Yes, sunbaenim.” I announced loud enough for her to hear. Fastening my steps, I found her at the make up table playing with her phone while her stylist curled her dark brown hair.
 
“Yui,” she pouted, putting down her phone and stared at me through the mirror, “I told you to just call me eonni.”
 
I smiled. “Ah, sorry. Okay, Hyo Joo eonni.”
 
Without wasting anymore time, I get changed and let my stylist did my make-up. Mine took a short time to be done since my hair only took few minutes to straighten.
 
While I was talking with Hyojoo, the door to the caravan shook with knocks. I excused myself and checked it out since I was bored of sitting and was done prepping up. "Who is it?"
 
I was stupid for not waiting for a reply because I pushed the door open to see someone I least expected to meet early in the morning. There he stood, all dressed up, neat and handsome, hands in his pocket. Our eyes met when he lifted his head and I hated to say that he was handsome.
 
"Hey, morning." He said, a smile lit up from his face.
 
I looked away from his eyes and bit my inner cheek. Keep calm, Yui. I know you can get through this. You don't know this guys, the past never hapenned. "Hi. Morning Doojoon-shi. What brings you here? Are you here to see Hyojoo sunbaenim?"
 
I gestured to where Hyojoo sat. Truthfully, my instinct told me that he was here for no other reason but me. He could not possibly wanted to see Hyojoo. There was no convincing reason to. And I knew I was right because his expression gave it out.
 
Doojoon shook his head. "You can drop the formality, you know? I wanted to see you. I mean I would love to go through the script together. Would you want to?"
 
"Yeah." I paused, pushing away all unnecessary thoughts. "Okay, well come in." I moved aside to let him in but he waved his hands in rejection.
 
He chuckled. "I'm sorry. I was thinking maybe we could have a walk while we practice? I don't want to bother Hyojoo noona."
 
There was no use saying no now because I agreed in the first place anyway. He waited for me to get my coat and then we walked...together.
 
He stayed true to his words when he said he wants to go through the script. That was what we did. It was uneasy, yes, but I was convinced that being on screen couple would not be a problem. Work is work, I could managed to pull myself together while filming. However, what feared me was off screen time.
 
Doojoon kept stealing glances at me and I felt it. A part of me still hoped he would still have feelings for me but I also wished he would just ignore me. The last was much better since I won't be distracted by him and live my life happily without any hinderance from the past.
 
"Wow, you've improved a lot since your last drama," he commented after we practiced and we leaned against a lorry.
 
"You've improved too, I enjoyed your last drama." I replied his compliment.
 
"Yeah, I enjoyed yours too. You were amazing." He looked straight at me but I quickly turned my head elsewhere.
 
"So, I think-"
 
"Yui, watch out!" He pulled me close to him with an arm around my shoulder, catching me off guard when a stack of boxes from inside the lorry fell because of the rough wind. "Are you okay?" He examined every part of me.
 
It shocked me and my eyes lingered on the boxes that fell for a while then turning to him."Yes, I'm alright. Thanks." I said, slowly retreating myself away from him. The thumping of my heart grew faster and I didn't want him to feel it. Being that close to him nerved me andthe sudden accident didn't help either.
 
"I-I need to go," I said, grabbing my script which fell on the road, "I'll see you later."
 
//////////
 
Filming went well despite the incident that happened. Both of us did well, only needed a few retakes and the director praised us for our chemistry. Well, little did they know our chemistry went far beyond their knowledge.
 
Hyojoo and I were getting off our trailer when two men appeared right before us. Guess who? If it ain't Doojoon...with the company of the devastatingly good looking Jo In Sung.
 
"Hey girls, want to have dinner and some drinks together? You know, get to know each other?" In Sung proposed and I stood there gawking at him. I couldn't believe I could get close to my celeb crush.
 
"Yeah sure, you'll come right,Yui?" Hyojoo asked, holding my arm. I nodded. Although he was there as well, I must care less and lived my life.
 
"Of course, shall we?" Hyojoo and I rode in her car while the two men rode each their cars to a restaurant In Sung has booked for us. He chose a simple quiet and hidden restaurant near our filming location for dinner.
 
"How was filming today, Yui?" In Sung asked as we ate.
 
"I love it. Everyone is so friendly and helpful but sadly I don't have a scene with both of you." I replied jokingly.
 
"We watched you and Doojoon from the tent and we were impressed. Both of you pulled it off well!" Hyojoo exclaimed and In Sung agreed with nodding.
 
In Sung motioned to Doojoon and I, "Do you guys know each other before?" Doojoon nearly choked on water while I stopped chewing my food and we both turned to each other.
 
"Well, we-"
 
"Her company is a subsidary from mine. We met occasionally but we haven't seen each other since I left for Japan." Doojoon cut me and told the lie. But it wasn't really a lie, there was still truth in it.
 
"We usually met when s or our friends are around, this is our first meeting without them." I added on.
 
"Ah, that's why you are a bit awkward with each other." Hyojoo said. "But here's the thing when you're being an onscreen couple, there's like 50% that you'll fall in love with each other, except-"
 
"Except if you already have someone in your heart, if not, well anything can happen." In Sung finished Hyojoo's message and it made me uncomfortable. The fact that a number of co-stars dated each other while filming scared me. Past feelings might return and it was not on my list.
 
Doojoon tried to sweep away the awkwardness by joking, "So, you two have someone?" In Sung and Hyojoo nodded happily and our dinner resumed with more chats.
 
At the end of the day, I was left with Doojoon when our sunbaenims went home early because they had morning schedule.
 
"Yui-ah," Doojoon called, "do you have a ride home?"
 
"Oh yes, So Eun eonni is on her way to pick me up." I said, standing stiff in front of the closing restaurant.
 
"Ah, okay. Do you want me to stay with you?" "No, please, I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me, I'll be alright, I'm used to being alone. You just go ahead." I subtlely hint for him to go away and that all this time I was perfectly well alone until now. Why care now when back then he didn't?
 
Doojoon rubbed his nape and hung his head low, maybe he knew I was a bit upset. "Alright. And Yui," Doojoon waited for me to look at him before continuing, "it's nice too see you again."
 

 

Author's note: Hello, readers! I know this is late and I apologise for the long wait but tadaa! 

I hope you like this chapter! Do subscribe and leave some comments! Thanks for reading, love you xoxo