Chapter 1

Cabin

Being chased by three guys with guns and two dogs wasn't exactly what Luhan had in mind when he went camping. 

 

 

He had arrived at the camping spot, the one his friend Zitao had recommended to him, at noon, just in time to be able to set up his tent before dusk. Daylight never shines for long in the middle of the winter after all.

He had just set up his tent and was about to put down his backpack when he had heard noises and barking coming from another part of the forest pretty close to where he was himself. Carefully, he had sneaked his way closer to the sound, only to come face to face with a very angry looking dog. He barely had time to see the (probably illegalweapons lying in the boxes spread around the small clearing before a man pointed towards him and shouted something to his buddies. 

 

 

And so the chase had begun. 

 

Luhan had been able to get away from the three men and their dogs after nothing less than two hours of constant hiding and running, but he could still feel their presence close to himself. Completely and utterly exhausted, he let his tired body drop into the closest pile of snow, feeling the adrenaline still buzz in his veins, causing him to tremble. His breath hitched as he tried to suppress the tears that welled up in his eyes, knowing they would do him no good. He was tired, overwhelmed and completely terrified. On top of it all, the sun had begun to set long ago, and the darkness only made him feel even more at uneasy. Not to mention how cold the air surrounding him was becoming.  

 

 

Luhan didn't get much time to dwell on the colthough as a stick was suddenly snapped under somebody's weight just a couple of steps away from Luhan, alerting him immediately. Jumping up from his resting spot, Luhan took a dead-sprint straight ahead, barely realizing where he was going. All he knew was that he needed to get away from the guys chasing him, and fast! 

 

Unfortunately, luck was not on Luhan's side and he soon found himself face first into the snow, his ankle throbbing in pain and something warm trickling down his forehead. He coulhear quick footsteps approaching, as well as some barking, and he almost started to cry. So this was how he was going to die huh? 

 

 

"Hey! What the hell is going on out there?! I know it's a forest and all, but at least mind the noise when you're right outside somebody's cabin!" A loud voice sounded from somewhere slightly above and further away from Luhan, but he didn't have the energy to lift his head. He was feeling too overwhelmed by everything that had happened to him in less than three hours, just wishing for it all to be over already. 

 

"! Come on, let's go before he can see our faces!"  

 

Luhan could hear the footsteps behind him retreat, the stomping of their feet on the snow and the barking of the aggressive dogs becoming quieter and quieter by the second. Finally, it got completelquiet all together. 

 

"Hey! Are you okay down there?" The voice that had shouted earlier sounded once again, but Luhan made no move to reply. His eyes were swimming with unshed tears, and he could barely think straight, still to traumatized to do anything else than to breathe in and out where he laid on the snow. "Hey! Are you alright?!" 

 

The voice sounded more panicked than before, probably because of the fact that Luhan hadn't reacted to the first callLuhan could hear footsteps once again, but this time from another direction. Soon, he felt a presence right above him and a hand was pressed to his shoulder, shaking him slightly.  

"Oh my god you're bleeding! Did those bastards- Come on, let's go inside. Do you think you can walk?"  

 

Luhan only shook his head slightly as he felt his ankle give a painful throb, and the stranger above him sighed and began to gently roll him over until he could get a grip around Luhan's waist with one of his arms, hoisting him up into a sitting position. "Do you want me to carry you inside? It's only a couple meters away so it's no hassle at all."  

 

Luhan took a moment to examine his savior's face before replying. A slightly round face with big, warm eyes greeted him, a gentle expression on the stranger's face. He could trust this person for a while, right? 

"It's alright, you don't have to do this. You already did enough by saving me from those guys back there. Look, I should probably just try to find my way back to my stuff, I dropped it while they chased me and-" 

 

The stranger looked at him like he had just grown a second head and then shook his head with a deep sigh following the movement. Luhan stared right back at him, wondering what was wrong when he felt an arm sneaking it's way underneath his knees.  Yelping in surprise as he was suddenllifted up into the air, he automatically clung onto the stranger's neck in fear of being dropped. Luhan blushed a deep red when the stranger chuckled right into his ear, not making it any easier by blowing air into it teasingly afterwards. Seriously, what was wrong with this guy?! 

 

"I'll tell you, I've met many people who have refused my hostility before, but you definitely take the prize! Wanting to go back into the forest when you're obviously tired and injured." A snort followed and Luhan only grumbled deep in his throat as the stranger brought him inside what must have been his cabin, carefully putting Luhan down on a couch by a fireplace.  

 

The stranger observed Luhan for a moment and Luhan felt slightly shy and under the other's gaze, arms wrapping around himself nervously. The stranger snapped his fingers as if he had gotten an idea and then left the room, leaving Luhan to take in his surroundings. 

 

The cabin was quite big, no doubt about it. The room Luhan was sitting in held a huge fireplace with two couches in front of it and an armchair in the closest corner, while the other half of the room was occupied by a big and modern kitchen. A hallway of open space ran in between the two areas, making the already big space look even bigger. Looking towards another direction, Luhan also noticed a staircase, meaning that the cabin had not only one but two levels. Luhan looked around at all of the modern technology installed in the cabin, such as a flat-screen TV and other gadgets, and realized that his savior must be filthy rich to be able to afford a place like this. 

 

 

"You like it? I just got done with the interior last summer." 

 

 

Luhan turned his head, startled, and came face to face with the smile of his savior. Oh wait, that wasn't a smile at all. It was a smirk. 

Luhan looked down at his feet and avoided the other's penetrating gaze, not wishing to make more of a fool out of himself than he already had. The couch suddenly dipped down beside him and Luhan flinched away as the other man's hand approached his face, not even realizing the damp paper-towel the other was holding.  

 

"Hey, I'm not going to hurt you or anything. I just want to clean that wound of yours, okay? It's not deep or anything, but you've got blood all over your forehead."  

 

Slowly, Luhan leaned forward and let the towel touch his forehead, squirming ever so slightly when the open wound was touched. Suddenly, a stream of cold air was being blown onto the stinging area, causing Luhan to look at the other with wide eyes. The other man had his lips puckered cutely, blowing at Luhan's forehead like you'd blow air on a toddler's boo boo to make the pain go away. Luhan kept on staring as the other eventuallleaned back, a satisfied smile on his face. The last touch was added as the other put a plaster on the cut. Luhan had been able to notice some sort of design on it, but the other was too quick for him to be able to see what it was. 

 

"There, all better now." The man-child in front of Luhan looked extremely proud of himself, tapping Luhan's nose out of the blue when Luhan began to space out. "Hey, don't fall asleep on me here! I still want to know what happened out there before I man-handled you inside. Oh and my name is Minseok by the way." 

 

Luhan didn't really know if he wanted to tell this man about the horrors he had gone through, but he figured that he probably owed Minseok that much to say the least. The other had saved his life after all. "I-I'm Luhan." 

He had planned on saying more, so much more. But the words just didn't want to leave his mouth no matter how hard he tried. It was like each time he tried to begin explaining the night's events to Minseok, the still all too fresh memories popped up in his mind and forced the words back down. Everything was still too painful and overwhelming for Luhan to bear. 

 

Minseok had been sitting quietly by Luhan's side the entire time, watching as Luhan opened and closed his mouth like a fish out of water over and over again. He was about to tease the other about it to lighten the mood a bit, but when Luhan looked him in the eye he realized that this was no laughing matter. The other was obviously scared and slightly overwhelmed by what ever had happened to him, and Minseok wasn't one to push more than necessary. 

 

"It's alright Luhan, you don't have to tell me right now if you don't want to. Look, how about I make us something to eat and then we go to bed, okay? It's getting pretty late already." 

 

Luhan was grateful and relived that Minseok didn't push him to the edge, but he still had to shake his head at Minseok's proposal. "Is it alright with you if I just go to sleep now? I feel really exhausted..." It was the honest truth. Having Minseok playing nurse on him had distracted him for a while, but the exhaustion he had felt earlier was coming back, making his eyelids droop and his body feel heavy.  

Minseok gave a slightly worried but sympathetic look, nodding his head as he grabbed Luhan's elbow softly. "Of course it is. Come on, let's go." 

Minseok led Luhan towards the stairs by the elbow, but soon switched to taking him by the hand instead. If Luhan had been fully awake he would probably have questioned it, but he was way too tired to care about such details. All he wanted to do was to sleep. 

 

Minseok led him up the stair to the 2nd level of the cabin, which was really nothing more than a huge and cozy bedroom. A double bed stood proudly in the middle of the room against the back wall, wooden bedside tables on each side of it. A desk was placed against the western window, and plants were placed in each corner, bringing more life to the room. But the design of the place didn't really matter to Luhan, as his eyes were completely focused on the big and fluffy bed in front of him. Minseok only chuckled as if he had read Luhan's mind and walked over to a door in the corner of the room, which appeared to be his closet. Luhan barely had time to catch the articles of clothing suddenly flung in his direction. 

 

"Here, change into this. I'll take your clothes and wash them for you tomorrow."  

 

Luhan bowed his head in appreciation, slithering out of his soaked clothes at the speed of light. He could hear Minseok laughing silently at him just a meter away, but he didn't care. Luhan hated the way his body was sculpted and he didn't like other people ogling at it more than necessary. Once he was bundled in Minseok's too-big-for-Luhan pajamas, he handed the clothes over to Minseok, who folded them neatly into a pile on his desk. He then put a hand on Luhan's lower back and pushed him towards the bed, smiling gently once Luhan was tucked underneath the covers. 

 

"Are you comfortable? Is it warm enough?" Only getting a nod from the other and seeing as Luhan could barely hold his eyes open, Minseok turned off the overhead lights, leaving only the lights out on the balcony and a small string of decorative lights above the bed to brighten up the room ever so slightly. "I'll leave these on so that I'll be able to see something once I come back up here. Do you think you can sleep even with these lights on?" 

 

Minseok turned to look at Luhan when he received no answer, chuckling to himself when he found Luhan already asleep, breathing deeply and his face completely relaxed and peacefulMinseok walked closer and pushed Luhan's bangs out of his face, tucking the duvet tighter around Luhan's skinny frame.  

Taking Luhan's clothes with him, Minseok almost skipped down the stairs on his way to the bathroom, humming a happy tune under his breath. As the bathroom was located in it's own little wing, he could see the balcony connected to the room Luhan was sleeping in. The thought of the other boy sleeping in his bed made Minseok happy for some reason, a goofy smile taking over his face.  

 

"Sweet dreams Luhan." Minseok said to nobody but himself, eyes directed towards the dim light in his bedroom where the beautiful boy was currently resting.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: So... did you guys enjoy it? Hopefully you did ^^ 

 

Since the cabin will be forever-present in this story, I took myself the freedom to find inspiration from dear old google. If you wish to see the cabin I imagine when I write this story, here it is : Cabin 

(The picture is not mine) 

 

Please leave a comment and share your thoughts, it really brightens up my day like nothing else ^^ Upvote and subscribe if you liked it, and I'll try to update soon (^ v ^)/