Day 10

All of Me

In Animal Ears


            “This is stupid.” Jongup mumbles lowly as he walks next to Himchan. It’s cold, this autumn night in Seoul. They’re both in their Halloween costumes, which consists of a thin black tshirt, ripped black jeans, and black cat ears. And they’re both trying their best not to break each other’s neck.

            “You’re stupid!” Himchan stomps noisily along. He does his best to keep his focus forward as his heavy steps rush a little more to catch up to Jongup’s long stirdes. “You shouldn’t…. have…” Himchan stumbles on an uneven piece of concrete and goes flying into Jongup’s back. “Ahh!”

            “Himch-

            They both go tumbling to the ground with Jongup on the bottom, and Himchan on Jongup’s back.

            “What the hell?!” Irritation laces Jongup’s voice as he and Himchan find their footing again.

            “I lost my footing!” Himchan screams with a stomp. “But we wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for you!” His fists are clenched and at his sides. His brows are furrowed. And his eyes are drilling into the younger’s. “You shouldn’t have punched our only ride in the mouth!” His fingers fly up to his hair. He blindly straightens out the headband that was in his hair, turning to the glass window to check if his cat ears were straight.

            “It’s my fault?!” Jongup scoffs loudly. “You were the one flirting with a guy that had a date!” His fingers naturally finds their way towards Himchan and flicks the soft cat ears causing it to fall forward again.

            “Yah!!!” Himchan sneers at Jongup before his own hands reach up and pushes Jongup’s matching cat ears off his head. They fall backwards and hangs off the back of his head. “I wasn’t flirting!”

            “You were sooooo flirting!” Jongup angrily snaps.

            Himchan glares at Jongup. “Okay! Maybe I was flirting! But that was only so we would have a ride home! Now we’re stuck with no money, no jacket, and no ride! And it’s all because you couldn’t handle a little skinship.” Himchan shoves Jongup slightly. “And why the hell do you have a problem with me flirting anyways? You’ve never had a problem with me flirting at school! Why is this any different?”

            “Because it was a guy!” Jongup spits fire. “At school, girls are always all over you, that’s why I don’t care. But you were flirting with a guy and I-”

            Himchan is in utter frustration. Hiss body is tense and his fists are clenching so tight, he’s sure he’s bleeding from the skin he’s broken with his nails. He never thought Jongup would be like… them. After all the years they’ve been together, Himchan never thought Jongup would use this against him. The itch in his throat is increasing and the bile in his stomach is burning its way up his throat. He felt so betrayed. The only person he thought he could count on was stabbing him right in the back.

            “Well ing news flash you ! I’m gay! I like boys! Who else am I supposed to ing flirt with?!” Himchan shoves Jongup roughly. “ you, Jongup! you!!! I ing like guys! SO WHAT?!?! You ing got a problem with it? You ing hate me don’t you?! You in-

            Jongup shuts Himchan up with his lips. Jongup really wish their first kiss was something more romantic, something a little more intimate that in the middle of the sidewalk after a huge fight and misunderstanding. But Jongup doesn’t mind too much because he’s thought about doing this for a while. Okay. Nevermind. He’s always knew it was Himchan. From day one. Jongup saw Himchan in music class in the 2nd year of middle school and he knew he wanted to be part of Himchan’s life. 3rd year comes around and he knew he felt more than ‘friendly’ feelings for Himchan. He never told Himchan because he thought it would scare Himchan off, but his fears were washed away 3 months ago when Himchan confessed his preference for men. Jongup had promised to confess… he just never could find the right time.

            It’s nothing passionate. It really was just all lips and maybe a little hesitation. But Himchan doesn’t pull back, so Jongup pulls him closer. One hand on the elder’s hip and the other cupping the elder’s cheek, Jongup draws Himchan a little closer. It’s still all lips, but when Jongup pulls away, he doesn’t forget to stick his tongue out and softly Himchan’s bottom lip. As he pulls his face away from Himchan’s, Jongup notices how Himchan’s eyes are still closed and his breathing is still a bit staggered.

            “You know what, Channie?” Jongup says in a teasing tone. “You this have annoying habit of not knowing when to shut up when I’m still talking.” When he realizes Himchan doesn’t have anything to reply with, he smirks widely and glances down at Himchan’s lips before meeting the elder’s eyes again. This time he moves in slowly. He doesn’t miss how Himchan’s breath hitches, or how as soon as their lips meet, the elder’s hands find their own way to the back of Jongup’s head.

            It’s lips and tongue and hands. It’s Jongup drowning in Himchan’s sweetness, and Himchan floating on Jongup’s high. Its fast and hasty, but in the cold night, they warm up to each other quickly.

            Jongup is the first to pull away again. But as he glances over Himchan’s blushing face he can’t help but place another quick peck to the elder’s thick lips. And another one after that. And maybe another one.

            “What I was saying was…” Jongup continues to hold Himchan close by his hips. “Was that I’m not okay with you flirting with other guys. I should be the only you’re flirting with. Me and only me.” Jongup leans in so that their noses are slightly brushing against each other. “You got that?” He gently nudges Himchan’s nose when Himchan doesn’t answer. “I’m like a lion… I’m territorial!” He opens his mouth wide in an attempt to imitate a lion’s roar, pulling a childish sound of laughter from Himchan.

            And again, Jongup can’t help but lay another peck onto Himchan’s soft lips.

            “Mine.” Jongup whispers on Himchan’s lips when he slightly pulls away.

            Himchan looks into Jongup’s eyes and he’s taken aback by the amount of sincerity that is glazing over the younger’s eyes. And it’s in that moment that he too decides Jongup was all he’s been waiting for.

            “Yours.” 


This doesn't have much to do with animal ears... but I tried. LMAO