Chapter 5- Better? :)

I'll Always Be Here (sequel to falling in love with my caretaker's bestfriend)

 

 

I sat dare, dazed at what he just said. All these years i manage to deceived Jay, which is my bestest friend and this man who just went back to kitchen, whom i met just few days ago, could see everything i'm trying to hide.

"You know, you look weird with that thinking pose." I heard him shouted from the kitchen and i glared at him.

"Shut up." i said and he chuckled before he continued cutting up some vegetables and meat.

I watched him cook some kimchi soup, bulgogi and side dishes and i'm not gonna lie, i'm awed by him. Well, you'll know how skeptical i can be if you live with Jay for years. He basically should go to prison for attempted murder. :P

"well?" He raised his eyebrows at me.

"what?"

"Aren't you going to get your here and help me out?" he asked and i rolled my eyes before I drag myself towards the kitchen.

"Cut this." he handed me a knife and told me to cut more vegetables.

"YAAH!" I heard him shrieked when i finished cutting the carrot.

"WHAT?" i shouted, annoyed by the fact he almost turned me deaf.

"You're cutting it wrong!" he nagged, snatching the knife from me and started lecturing me about how carrot should be cut.

"See?! You should cut it like this!" he concluded.

"There's no different, idiot. Why don't you cut those veggies then? I'll cook the meat." i finally said since he almost burst into nagging session.

He just nod like a kid and started to cut. I unconsciously smile at the sight of him concentrating in cutting the vegetables, mumbling some incoherent words. 

***

"This is not bad." he said, half complimenting my cooking.

"of course it's not. How do you think i survived all this time with Jay?" i replied and we both chuckled, agreeing to the fact Jay isn't the best cook.

"How are you feeling right now?" he suddenly asked, trying to break the silence.

"hm?" i look at him, tilting my head.

"you look down few hours ago.. do you feel better now?" he asked.

I stopped eating and wondered. Did i?

Actually i did. I basically forgot about everything that used to crushed me down and for the first time since he left, i find myself laughing and smiling genuinely and enjoying the time.

"yeah. I'm all better." i said with a small smile.

"you should thanked me." he cockily said.

I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"Conceited." i mumbled.

"Yah!" oops. i guess he heard it.

"what?" i innocently asked him.

"you.. you... you .. aish!" he looked so funny, trying to get back at me.

"Just eat your food" i told him, chuckling.

He sulked but nevertheless a small smile planted on his face as we continued eating.

***

2011/10/24  Monday

By Seoulchae