Chapter 7

The ELF-Challenge

“Are you sure you tried everything?” Heechul demanded. “Like seriously everything? And he still said no?”

Heechul, Siwon and Kyuhyun were the only members home right now. The elder and maknae had ambushed Siwon the moment he’d entered the dorm. They were simply too curious about the meeting he went to with Leeteuk. The one where they went to talk to their CEO, Lee Soo Man about their idea for the ELF-Challenge.

“We tried, Chul, but we barely got to explain anything.”

Siwon ran his hands through his hair in frustration.

“The moment he heard we wanted to film the winning fan fiction, he shut us both down.”

The meeting really didn’t go as well as they’d hoped. Having granted them permission to hold a contest for writing fan fiction, Lee Soo Man considered that more than enough fan service as it was. There had been a few scandals in the media over it already and their CEO was very allergic to scandals involving his company-idols. There wasn’t going to be an ELF-Challenge movie.

“Hae’s going to be crushed,” Kyuhyun muttered. “He’s been talking about this nonstop.”

“Hyuk’s probably going to cry too,” Heechul huffed. “And Wook and Yesung won’t be happy either. They were already working out some ideas for the OST’s.”

“I doubt anyone will be happy with the decision,” Siwon frowned. “Teuk said he’d be the one to tell them when everyone got back from their schedules.”

Kyuhyun made a face.

“Wouldn’t want to be him, being the bearer of that ill news.”

Heechul sighed in defeat, but glanced at Siwon and plucked lightly at his shirt.

“You should have popped a few more buttons,” he commented offhand. “Even straight men are easier to manipulate when they see those toned abs.”

“Hyung!”

Siwon quickly brushed Heechul’s touchy hands away from him. Kyuhyun couldn’t help a chuckle at his startled reaction. You’d think everyone was used to Heechul’s antics by now, but even after all those years he still knew how to push everyone’s buttons.

“Just saying…,” Heechul shrugged in amusement. “It would’ve been a distraction in the very least.”

Kyuhyun nearly rolled off the couch laughing at Siwon’s flustered expression.