Chapter 4

The ELF-Challenge

Siwon put his coffee down and settled into his desk chair with a satisfied sigh. He tapped on the movie script that lay on his desk, but decided he was too restless to study any lines yet. Instead he pulled his laptop closer. He watched the cursor blink on the starting page and bit his lip in curiosity. After only a few seconds of deliberation, he quickly typed in an address. The screen blinked and changed, morphing into a website he knew all too well. The ELF-challenge. He grinned. It had only been a day since the website went live. But he was hoping to sneak a peek to see if there were any entries. This early on, there probably wouldn’t be a lot yet, but if there were at least a few, then he would know there was an interest in this little project. He frowned as the website blinked in error. That wasn’t good.

He heard a loud thump coming from the next room and the door was slammed open.

“Kyu! Kyu-ah!”

Heechuls voice rang through the dorm. Siwon hurried over to see what was going on. Heechul was already pounding on Kyuhyuns door.

“Open up, maknae!”

A disheveled Kyuhyun showed up in his doorway.

“Hyung,” he grumbled. “It’s the middle of the night and I have a schedule tomorrow.”

Yesung also peeked out from his room to see what the commotion was about.

“Kyu, you need to fix this.”

“What?”

“The website!”

Siwon was struck for a moment and he almost started laughing. He should have known. It was Heechul after all. He wondered how many more members got curious about the ELF-Challenge. Kyuhyun rubbed his eyes in irritation.

“I can’t, hyung.”

“What do you mean you can’t?” Heechul balked in horror.

“The site crashed two hours after it started.”

“What?!”

“It got too many hits.”

That stunned even Heechul. Kyuhyun smiled slightly. Yesung and Siwon looked at each other in astonishment.

“You mean… We got that many hits after only two hours?”

Kyuhyun nodded. Heechul started beaming.

“When can you fix it?”

“I can’t, hyung. But the site managers are going to keep me updated. And I asked our managers to oversee it.”

“Great, I want to know as soon as it’s back online.”

“Make that two of us,” Siwon suddenly spoke.

Heechul and Kyuhyun turned in surprise.

“Just send a group message,” Yesung now added with a grin, before he disappeared into his room.

Siwon smiled widely and closed the door. He sighed. Well, studying lines it was then. At least until the site was up again.