Chapter 5

The ELF-Challenge

Linn nodded along to the song flowing from her earphones. Her fingers shot across the keypad of her laptop and she smiled when she finally finished her chapter. She stretched with a sigh. It was weekend and she’d taken the opportunity to catch up on some of her stories.

The music flowed over in another song while she leaned back, slowly observing the wall next to her desk. An entire storyboard was spread out over it.

Character profiles for every SuJu member. Different versions like cute, diva, evil, y… decorated the wall. There were colored post-its plastered all over with scribbled notes. Nicknames, age, height, special quirks, inspirational notes for future stories.

Amy was the one who’d started that wall. Another one of her many attempts to get Linn to start writing fan fiction. Who knew it would have worked? Linn smiled. The wall had definitely grown since then. She’d come to love writing about the weird and fun Super Junior. It sparked her imagination every time. A small knock on the door made her look up.

“Hey, you. Still thinking up new stories?”

Linn nodded and took her earphones off.

“I applaud that. Really I do.”

Amy came into the bedroom and leaned against the desk.

“But if you could finish one already, I’d appreciate it even more.”

Linn scowled at her.

“I can’t control what mood I’ll be in.”

“But you’re controlling mine.”

Amy whined dramatically.

“How am I supposed to turn a bad day around if I can’t read one of your stories?”

Linn couldn’t help but laugh at her friend's drama. Really, she could win awards with that.

“What do you need, Amy? Other than your daily fix of fan fiction, you drug addict.”

She sniffed with indignation.

“Fine. I’ll find another author to brighten my day.”

Linn shook her head. She pushed away from the desk to turn her full attention on Amy who lifted her hands in a begging gesture.

“Can I use your laptop? Mine crashed and I need to send an urgent mail for work.”

Linn chuckled.

“Go for it. Just don’t touch the screensaver. It took me over two hours to remove the last one.”

Amy grinned.

“Hey, you should thank me for that little bit of eye candy.”

“I don’t mind the eye candy, that poster of EunHae was cute. But I use this computer in meetings too, you know. My colleagues were nearly traumatized.”

Amy burst out in laughter.

“I wish I could have been there.”

“And I wish I wasn’t.”

Linn got up and stretched.

“I’m getting something to drink. Want something too?”

“Nah, just ten minutes to send the mail,” Amy snickered.

Linn nodded and left the room.