Chapter 2

The ELF-Challenge

“But, hyung, I’m not tired.”

Eunhyuk could hear the low whine coming from the kitchen. He rubbed his eyes tiredly and continued on his quest to get something to drink. Other than the soft murmuring in the kitchen, the dorm was quiet. It was the middle of the night and everyone was sleeping. Well, not everyone apparently. Eunhyuk walked into the kitchen to find Leeteuk and Kyuhyun there. The poor leader was obviously trying to convince their stubborn maknae that he needed to get some sleep.

“Hyuk,” Leeteuk sighed in relief. “Help me get this kid to bed.”

Eunhyuk smiled and shook his head.

“Just leave him be, hyung. If he falls asleep on the job tomorrow, the manager will kill him for you.”

Kyuhyun whined and then huffed.

“Is this the thanks I get for finishing the website?”

“Website?” Eunhyuk mumbled distractedly while he opened the fridge.

“The website for the ELF Challenge,” Leeteuk explained calmly.

“ELF Challenge?”

Leeteuk chuckled.

“Maybe we should wait until you’re fully awake.”

“But I want to show him!”

Leeteuk quickly shushed Kyuhyun who pouted.

“I made this from scratch. I stayed up day and night to finish it. I want to show someone.”

“I know, I know.”

Eunhyuk sipped from his cooled water and slowly started to piece things together.

“You mean the fan fiction?”

Kyuhyun beamed. Leeteuk nodded.

“You finished it?” Eunhyuk asked impressed.

“Yep.”

Kyuhyun was practically trembling off his chair. Now that Eunhyuk was starting to wake up a little more he realized the maknae was acting awfully cute. Not a sight he was used to. He looked at Leeteuk with a raised brow.

“Too much caffeine,” Leeteuk mumbled.

“Ah.”

“Sit,” Kyuhyun ordered.

He opened up his laptop and turned it to Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk curiously sat down. He leaned in closer and studied the website Kyu had set up.

 

Dear ELF’s,

As you probably know, our anniversary is coming up!

Many amazing years, with many amazing fans. :p

So this year we’d like to celebrate with all of you by doing things a little differently.

We challenge all our fans to show us how incredibly creative you are… by writing fan fiction!

Did we just shock you? ^.^ Sorry about that.

We all know about fan fiction. And we’d like to see what you’re capable of creating.

For the top five of each category there will be a signed album-collection delivered by us personally.

The top three will even win a backstage visit to one of our concerts!

We hope to read some of your imaginative stories soon!

Love, Super Junior.

 

“They need to make a user-profile first. With all their data,” Kyuhyun pointed. “Then they can choose between languages.”

“The company said they’d hire translators,” Leeteuk added.

“Really?”

“Yeah,” Leeteuk laughed. “I didn’t believe it either at first. But they’re fine with the idea as long as we don’t damage our reputations.”

“Oh my god…”

He turned back to the screen, waiting for Kyu to explain further.

“Once they’re in the language section. They can upload their story. And add genre-tags. Like they do on the fanfiction sites.”

Eunhyuk watched as Kyuhyun clicked a few buttons.

Romance – Angst – Comedy – Fantasy – Drama.

“They get three months to upload the stories,” he showed. “And three months after that to vote for the top ten of each genre.”

“What if it’s a mix of genres?”

“They need to fill in a main genre, that’s where it will fall under.”

“Right.”

“And then it’s up to us. We get to select the top three of each genre from the finalists.”

“Oh my god…,” Eunhyuk repeated in amazement.

Kyuhyun sighed in satisfaction.

“What do you think?”

“That you need to get to bed before you fall over.”

Kyuhyun was almost wobbling while he tried to lean against the table. Leeteuk chuckled. Eunhyuk turned to him with a frown.

“I thought you didn’t want to do this project, hyung?”

Leeteuk shrugged.

“If we’re going to do this, we might as well do it right.”

“Hyung?”

They looked at Kyu who could barely keep his eyes open anymore.

“I think the coffee is wearing off.”

They grabbed him just as he fell forward.