Six

Pet Me

Yugyeom woke up the next day to a phone call from his boss. The older man relayed onto his that due to the power outages, several computer systems were down and needed repairing so Yugyeom wouldn’t need to come in until they were fixed. Yugyeom thanked the heavens for more time to sleep until he remembered exactly why he needed it. He thanked his boss groggily before hanging up.

 

Yugyeom stretched for a moment before deciding to get up and check on BamBam. Yugyeom sluggishly made his way to his bedroom door, placing his hand on the door knob and testing to see if it was locked. Surprisingly, it was not. Yugyeom opened the door silently, paking his head in and squinting against the light. All he could really see was a puff of blonde hair snuggled underneath a mountain of very comfortable looking blankets. Very comfortable. Yugyeo’s tired mind seemed to push him closer to the bed. Paying no attention to the boy already sleeping there, Yugyeom fell onto the bed and instantly fell back asleep.

 

The next time Yugyeom woke up was because he was having trouble finding oxygen. Yugyeom jerked away but found that only his head oved as his body was seemingly  held down by a weight. Then, something tickled his nose and when he opened his mouth to speak all he got was a mouthful of fur. Yugyeom now jerked completely awake. The weight that he previously been on his chest fell to his lap as he spit out cat-hair. The weight, or otherwise known as BamBam, yowled and jerked up as well, unfortunately connecting the top of his head with the bottom of Yugyeom’s chin.

 

“Ah!” Yugyeom ad BamBam both shouted in pain.

 

Yugyeom’s hands flew to his now bleeding tongue while BamBam rolled on the other side of the bed, holding his head. Yugyeom tested the amount of blood on his hand to see if the wound was bad.  Seeing how there was not much it would seem that it wasn’t terrible, but he glared at BamBam all the same.

 

“Yah, what do you think you’re doing?” BamBam hissed as he sat up, one hand still rubbing his head.

 

“Mwe? Thwis is my behd!” Yugyeom responded, his fingers blocking himself from speaking well.

 

“I was here first!” BamBam argued, “Plus I was so comfortable! Why’d you go and wake me up like that? Aish...my head hurts.”

 

Yugyeom stared back at the catboy in disbelief, “Alwight, we’re going to haf to set thome grownd rulfs.”

 

BamBam only blinked back at the statement, tial flitting across the rumpled comforter beneath him, “I cannot take you seriously like that.”

 

“ITH’S YOUR FAULT!”

 
 

---------------------------------------

 

After making a trip to the bathroom and doctoring both his tongue and BamBam’s head (which was literally nothing), Yugyeom sat BamBam down in the kitchen so he could keep an eye on him while making breakfast.

 

“Don’t you have to work or something?” BamBam asked boredly as he toiled with the mouse cat toy Yugyeom had placed in front of him as entertainment. The catboy glared at it indignantly as in jingled across the table top when he pawed at it, only to pull it back in front of himself and repeat the process.

 

“The power outage broke some stuff at work so I get the day off,” Yugyeom replied as he plated two omelettes and threw his pan into the sink.

 

BamBam hummed nonchalantly as Yugyeom placed a plate in front of him. Yugyeom yawned and handed the boy a fork before digging in. BamBam looked at the utensil in distaste, eyes glaring from the fork to Yugyeom.

 

“It’s a fork. Never used one?” Yugyeom raised an eyebrow and raised his own, showcasing the correct way to use the utensil.

 

“I’m not stupid!” BamBam hissed back, “Of course I can use one.”

 

The catboy stabbed his omlette with the fork angrily. Yugyeom laughed through his own omelette.

 

“Stho toushy,” Yugyeom mumbled through a mouthful of food.

 

BamBam hissed again and began angrily eating his omelette only to freeze once the food touched his tongue. Yugyeom watched in wonder as BamBam’s eyes opened to comical proportions. His ears stuck up straight and his tail went rigid. BamBam quickly swallowed his food before shoving another forkful into his mouth, practically inhaling it. He had torn through the plate in not time, leaving nothing, not even crumbs.

 

“I take it you liked that,” Yugyeom smiles in between pieces of omelette, “I put some tuna in there. Figured cats like fish, right?”

 

BamBam nodded vigorously with a content smile on his face, “I take back all calling you a sad excuse for a human. I like you now.”

 

“I’m not sure if I should be happy or angry,” Yugyeom sighed, “And when did you call me that?”

 

“Last night while you were sleeping on the couch,” BamBam answered simply, “I also stole your sock and hid  it in that boxy thing over there.”

 

Yugyeom glared at BamBam, having not noticed the missing article, and followed the cat boy's arm to where he was pointing.

 

“YAH! THAT’S MY XBOX!”

 

-----------------------

 

Yugyeom sighed broken heartedly as he sat BamBam on his couch later. The blonde catboy was wearing one of Yugyeom’s oversized shirts and a pair of his boxers ( looking very adorable) so  much so that Yugyeom had to remind himself that he was angry.

 

“Ok, Bam-I can call you that right?” Yugyeom suddenly asked.

 

BamBam just rolled his eyes and nodded.

 

“Ok, so Bam. You know I’m kinda new to this and I have a feeling this is your first time living with other people. So let’s just talk about some rules to follow so we don’t end up killing each other, fair enough?” Yugyeom Offered from his spot on the coffee table.

 

“Sure,” BamBam replied with a yawn.

 

“Ok, good. I’ll start,” Yugyeom nodded, “First- the bed is mine. MINE. I’m too freaking tall to be cramped up on a tiny couch, so if you want a happy Yugyeom, you must relinquish my bed.”

 

“No way,” BamBam argued, “Your bed’s more comfortable! You didn’t mind when I was a cat!”

 

“I didn’t mind because you only took up a square foot of space!” Yugyeom rebuked, “There’s not enough room for both of us.”

 

“Fine! I’ll sleep on the couch,” BamBam hissed.

 

“Great, now your turn,” Yugyeom prompted.

 

“No more people coming over,” BamBam  stated.

 

“What?”

 

“Mark can come. I like him, but not that Jackson guy- he smells like a dog and he’s too touchy,” BamBam grimaced.

 

“Jackson’s my best friend. He’s going to come over whether you like it or not,” Yugyeom replied, “Pick a different rule.”

 

BamBam glared at Yugyeom before continuing, “Fine then, I want my own clothes.”

 

“Deal,” Yugyeom immediately agreed.

 

“BUT, you have to take me shopping to get them. A whole day. No complaints, just bag carrying,” BamBam continued with a determined look on his face.

 

Yugyeom grimaced at the idea of being the catboy’s pack mule for the day, but ultimately it was only fair. The kid needed his own clothes too, “Fine, but you’ll have to wait until Sunday. And can you lose the ears and tail or something?”

 

“I can try,” BamBam sighed, “But this is more comfortable.”

 

“We’ll figure it out Sunday then. Now- don’t stick things where they don't go!”

 

Yugyeom and BamBam spent the rest of the morning discussing their living terms. By the end of the conversation, Yugyeom as feeling a lot less nervous about taking care of the boy. Sure he was high maintenance, but there had to be some good qualities in him (not to mention BamBam was pretty cute, not that Yugyeom would ever admit it out loud). Eventually, the two settled for watching some tv together, BamBam cuddled up in Yugyeom’s lap while the talled his head and ears. Yugyeom would look down occasionally and think, ‘Maybe this will work out.’

 

-------------------
Haha, hi I'm not dead. Sorry this took a while and it's short but hey- it's here.