THREE

Pet Me

BamBam proved to be quite a handful. Destructive? Check. Anger problems? Ask Yugyeom's old bed spread. Attention hog? Yugyeom can't even have phone conversations anymore because BamBam will yowl until the human pays attention to him. Separation anxiety,  oh yeah. Only a week after getting BamBam and the cat had destroyed nearly half of Yugyeom's apartment.  He had even tried to follow the man to work once. Not to mention the cold shoulder Yugyeom gets when he returns home because the cat is so dang full of himself that he believes everyone should follow his will ( but the cat will cave in after an hour or two, preferring to have all eyes on him). Did he mention he can't watch TV anymore? Oh yeah, he can't. 

He tried to get Jackson to watch BamBam occasionally. After the first day Jackson refused to ever go back to Yugyeom's apartment ever again. None of his other aquaintences were either close enough or had the time, so that left Mark, whom BamBam seemed to hate the least. Not that BamBam particularly liked Mark. He just didn't try to draw his blood. But this is only commimg from the few times Mark had been over to his apartment. Every since the "He ate my shoes while they were on my feet" incident with Jackson the Chinese male asserted that the three of them meet in Mark's apartment (but that could be an excuse to get closer to the red head). Now, Yugyeom didn't know what Mark did for a living, but he did know that he worked from home. And that was hope enough. 

So after begging, a promise of Jackson's WANG snap back and 852 jersey (stolen from the older's closet in the middle of the night), and more begging Mark finally agreed. Since then Mark would get up in the morning, walk ten steps to Yugyeom's door in pajamas and his laptop tucked under his arm, and proceed to let himself in and settle on the younger's couch. All while Yugyeom ate breakfast before work. 

”Morning hyung," Yugyeom shouted from the kitchen.  

Although the front door was blocked from his view by a wall he could tell the other had enter by two things: 1. He heard the door, 2.BamBam stopped using one of his wooden chairs as a scratching board and immediately ran to Yugyeom and rubbed his face on his leg affectionately.  Yugyeom scowled as the cat left little white hairs on his black slacks.

" How come you're only nice to me when I either feed you or Mark us over?" Yugyeom asked the cat warily, dropping his chopsticks in order to scratch BamBam behind the ears (which he was only allowed to do when BamBam wanted).

" Sup, Yug? " Mark greeted as he entered the kitchen. "Hello, kitty cat," Mark said cutely while bending down to pet BamBam. 

" Thanks for coming over hyung,"Yugyeom smiled as he watched BamBam begrudgingly let Mark pet him,"I don't know what I'd do without you."

" Aw, thanks cutie," Mark cooed and ruffled Yugyeom's hair, which had BamBam hissing and batting at Mark's legs until the man stepped away from Yugyeom. 

" Ouch, calm you guard dog," Mark joked and put his hands up in the air as if directed by the police.

"Sorry, hyung. He won't even let my little cousin hug me," Yugyeom sighed and bent over to pick up BamBam. 

BamBam purred once in the man's lap and kneaded his claws into his legs.

" Ow, ow, ow...BamBam quit!" Yugyeom winced and pulled at the cat. 

BamBam hissed but stopped and settled into Yugyeom's lap before proceeding to meow until Yugyeom began to pet him.

" Wow. Possessive, sassy, and an attention hog. Nice one you got there Yug.," Mark remarked (haha rhymes).

The red head raised his eyebrows at the cat before sitting in another chair at Yugyeom's table.

"Ugh, you sound like Jackson.  He's been influencing you too much. Stop talking to him,"Yugyeom whined. 

" Oh don't worry. He doesn't get to talk much when you're not around," Mark smirked as he booted up his laptop.

"Ew! Oh my god hyung!" Yugyeom exclaimed and buried his face in BamBam's fur.

" Hey. No shame in what we do. Plus,  it's so-"

" Stop! Oh my god, I'm going to barf on BamBam! " Yugyeom wailed through the cat.

BamBam jerked out from under Yugyeom and ran to Yugyeom's bedroom instead, leaving Yugyeom to glare broken heartedly after the cat.

"Hey," Mark spoke nonchalantly, as if he hadn't just corrupted Yugyeom's mind, "You should probably get to work now."

 " Eh?" Yugyeom looked at his watch,"Crap ok. Bye hyung."

Yugyeom threw his plate into the sunk and grabbed his messenger bag before moving towards the door. He shouted goodbye to BamBam as he ran past his room and waved once more to Mark. Mark turned back to his computer as he heard the lock click from outside. He toggled with a few things on his computer before picking it up and moving to the couch.  Not long after the door to Yugyeom's bedroom opened and out came a gangly boy with light blonde hair. 

Mark heard the footsteps behind him and spoke from the couch,"You know this whole 'Get rid of the competition' thing isn't really working BamBam."

"Sure it is," BamBam,  now in human format, disagreed, " The man-dog never comes over now, but that tiny human still climbs over my human whenever it comes over with that loud one that likes to man handle me..."

" Wow,"Mark said in awe, turning away from his computer for the first time, "You are something else..." He continued shaking his head.

BamBam shrugged and plopped down on the couch next to Mark. Mark just stated at the boy for a moment.  The young catboy was wearing one of Yugyeom's shirts. Yugyeom having broader shoulders and a longer torso than BamBam made it look like BamBam was swimming in the black t-shirt.  BamBam had pretty long legs on his own,  but not so much compared to his owner, making the borrowed pair of boxers longer than usual. 

" You need to tell him soon so you can get your own clothes. He'll notice the extra laundry,  you know,"Mark commented,"That and start being nice to him so he won't throw you out when he finds out."

"Ha,"BamBam scoffed, " I'll tell him when you tell the dog-man."

Mark rolled his eyes at his computer screen,"First off: his name is Jackson, AND he is not a dog. He's a human, and a hot one at that. Plus, what is there to tell him?"

"Uh, I don't know.  Maybe that you're a hybrid?" BamBam sassed.  

" Yeah, I'm half cat. Not whole like you, so I don't have the tail-" Mark asserted this by flicking BamBam's tail off his leg, "nor the ears." Mark pinched the blonde cat ears protruding from the younger's head.

" I got the teeth and the senses, that's it. It's not like I hide it. Jackson just thinks I'm a vampi...maybe I should tell him," Mark finished with a sigh.

" A vampire? Really? Now I know he's stupid," BamBam laughed.

" Whatever, " Mark growled and pushed BamBam off the couch,"At least I'm not some free loading werecat."

" Excuse you, I do not transform into some ugly beast every full moon,"BamBam hissed from the floor,"How dare-"

Suddenly the door opened and Yugyeom stumbled inside.

"Hey Mark I left my lunch," Yugyeom informed while looking down at his shoes as he toed them off.

BamBam and Mark met surprised gazed. BamBam flailed around as Mark threw a pillow over his head hissing "Change!" under his breath. The blonde boy seemed to disappear for a moment,  leaving only a pile if clothes. Mark dropped the pillow over the clothes right as Yugyeom looked up.

"Sorry," Yugyeom apologized as he walked behind the couch.

"Uh, no problem man,"Mark choked out,"It's your house."

Mark watched Yugyeom enter the kitchen before yanking the pillow off BamBam.  He jerked the shirt off BamBam ( which had the cat yowling angrily) and shoved it and the boxers under the couch.

"Was that BamBam? " Yugyeom called from the kitchen.

"Uh, yeah. The stupid cat ran into the wall-ouch," Mark hissed the last part because BamBam clawed at his ankle.

" Is he ok?" Yugyeom asked,  walking around the corner.

"Yeah he's cool see?" Mark smiled and picked up the cat who hissed and yowled, struggling in Mark's grip.

" Uh, ok...I'm going now.  Be back at five," Yugyeom said and exited the apartment. 

Mark sighed and dropped BamBam once the door closed," Phew, that was close."

" What was that about telling him?" BamBam asked aferocious he transferred bodies.

" Shut up. It has to be the right time,"Mark smacked the younger,"Ew. Put some clothes on. "

" Whatever.I'm going to take a nap," BamBam stood up and walked () to Yugyeom's bedroom," Don't bother me until Yugyeom comes home."

" Fine, I'll wake you up before he gets here,"Mark conceded and went back to working on his computer.

------------------------------------------------------I_________________________

Another week later and BamBam and Yugyeom's relationship was improving. BamBam had decided to take Mark's advice and start being nice to Yugyeom. He quit destroying furniture and started following Yugyeom around (although he did that before). Now he snuggled up to the human whenever he sat down. He let Yugyeom watch TV a little, but he still stopped him often so that he could get attention himself. Eventually though,  he got tired of being a cat in front of the human. He was a growing catboy and he had his needs. Sure he liked getting petted but the cat food was disgustingly bland and he really wanted to shower and go shopping and eat and flirt with boys and wear super tight skinny jeans that made his human look fan-freaking-tastic. Suffice to say: it was time, even if Mark didn't like how he was going to do it. 

 

Needless to say Yugyeom was pretty shocked when he came home to a complete stranger wearing his clothes and lounging on his couch was cat ears and a tail. And no. He did not faint. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

NOTE

MUAHAHAHAHAHA! I SAID HE'D REVEAL HIMSELF BUT NEVER SAID ID WRITE THE ENTIRE SCENE! !!!!! 

 

I'm sorry. I'm kinda in the grove so another chap might come soon but don't take my word on that. I just bought the just right album and I'm super happy! Yay!