Command - Shift - 3

Creating Worlds [ONE SHOT SHOP | CLOSED]
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Requested by: ByunBaekButt

Characters: Baekhyun [EXO] & Han Soyoung [OC]

Premise: Baekhyun and Soyoung meet online, but his obsession with his femininity leads him to use a female username.  He agrees to meet face to face, forgetting that she thinks he's a girl--or does she?  (full description in comments)

Author: Admin K, DivinestSense

 

Command - Shift - 3

 

Staring in the mirror, Baekhyun gently arranged the brown locks that rested on his forehead.  Even though his hair was cut in the typical side swoop style, it had to be just right—not one piece could be out of place.  Sure, it did not matter once the wind blew or when he hung out with friends, but it was the beginning of the day and he needed it to be perfect.  Gently smoothing down the sides of his hair, he angled his head to inspect his work.  Satisfied, he took a step back from the full length mirror and examined the rest.

A neat white shirt with a navy denim jacket adorned his upper body, not too tight, not too loose.  It hung just right on his over his slim shoulders, emphasizing his small frame, ending just below the waist of his black jeans.  Neatly rolled up at the ankles, his pants showed off his small ankles without displaying his muscular legs.  

Analyzing his outfit, Baekhyun twisted his lips in discontentment—something was off.  Examining every inch of his reflection, his gaze landed on his wrist.  The sleeves of his jacket were folded once, but the skin between his hands and the denim seemed to be screaming at him.  Never would he wear rings of any sort—they never fit his long, pale fingers—but a bracelet was a different story.  Grabbing a thin, black fabric bracelet from his desk, Baekhyun carefully slid it on his wrist.  There, from head to toe, he looked clean and fashionable—just as his mother raised him.  

He always had an interest in his appearance—fashion was part of the culture he was raised in—but he would be lying if he said it was purely his own.  His mother and father had been praying for a daughter when he was conceived.  When the ultrasound revealed she was carrying a boy, she had brought it upon herself to make sure the boy she was raising would be the most well dressed, put together, cultured person around.  That itself was fine to him at the time, as he aged and went through school, he realized what an impact she had left on him.

Enrolled in piano lessons from the day he could crawl, Baekhyun’s most receive compliment was on his hands.  With long, pale fingers that appeared like porcelain, they only added to the beauty of his playing.  To ensure that his entire being would be equally as beautiful, his mother monitored his diet, ascertaining that it was healthy and beneficial—nutrition over taste.  If it did not improve his skin or his metabolism, it did not go in his body.  Years of living that way with proper exercise left him with a lean and toned body—not too bulky, not too flat.  Not once did he desire to indulge in the calorie filled food that his friends consumed—he had become obsessed with his feminine figure.

He had always been considered pretty rather than handsome, a compliment that had never bothered him.  Hearing it since he was young, he had grown accustomed to his identity as a pretty boy.  Even in high school, despite his athletic talents, he was not recruited to play the physically demanding and injuring sports (not that he was complaining).  Others did not make fun of him, but they, too, were aware of his delicate appearance.

It was just part of who he was.

He may have obsessed with his femininity, but he was not self conscious about it.  But even though he was not self conscious about it, he did not necessarily embrace it.  While teachers and family friends found joy and pride in his cultured entity, the girls his age did not.  They saw him as the pretty boy with the brain who chose fine arts over sports.  They wanted him as their best friend or shopping buddy, not as their boyfriend.  In fact, many assumed he was dating his best friend, Chanyeol—Yeol was a great guy and all, but it did not do much for his confidence when he learned that girls had taken his femininity as insight to his uality.

Opening his laptop which rested on his organized desk, Baekhyun logged onto his favorite web page—“talk to me.”  The website was a chat room of sorts, but it had more of a pen pal feel to it.  The messages sent between people were not quick, brief correspondences that composed hundreds of messages—they were long letters, thought through and organized.  It was like having an email correspondence, except that the long messages were all saved on the site, and both people could read the messages as if it were a chat room.

His obnoxious friend Jongdae had introduced him to this site and not once did Baekhyun think he would be drawn in.  Yet from the day he created his profile to now, two months later, he had checked that site religiously, daily.  

Typing in his username, Baekhyun released a heavy sigh.  He went by the name of Byun Baekhee—the name his mother had picked out should Baekhyun had been their preferred gender.  When he registered for the site and it came time for him to create his name, he could not bring himself to use his real name like the majority of other people did.  He wanted to have nice, long conversations with other people, something he was unlikely to achieve as a guy talking to another guy or even a girl.  He had not been looking for romance, so to say, but he had the feeling that girls on this website were.  

How disappointed would they be when they met him in person (if they even got that far—he knew little about pop culture and he was sure that the girl would have little interest in Bach or the health benefits of kale).

So he chickened out and used a female name.  He would simply ignore all guys on the website and talk to girls like a friend.  Girls would expect less macho-ness and bravado from him if he used a female alias.

But even though he went in with low expectations, he had found himself intrigued by a girl who went by the name of Han Soyoung.  They had established a correspondence from day one and she was the reason he logged in every day.  He awaited her letters and he hoped she awaited his.  A great thing about using a pen pale system was that Baekhyun did not have to worry about disguising his style of writing—he wrote eloquently and smoothly.  No one would think twice about his gender.

Once he was greeted with the familiar home page, Baekhyun clicked on his messages—he had one new one.  Eagerly opening the message, he leaned forward and began reading.

 

Dear Baekhee,

I am glad to hear that your first semester exams are going well—I hope everything continues to be in your favor!  My younger sister, Jihae, says that her exams at the University of Seoul are horrendous.  I think she’s just being dramatic, but what do I know?  I’m still in the country side.  

Oh my gosh, I am so in love with Yiruma’s newest pieces as well!  How I dream of being able to see him in concert.  We should go sometime, you and I—in fact, we should plan an amazing weekend of traveling and fun.  My friend’s are not really into my non-mainstream tastes, so it’s so glad have someone to talk to like you.  They try so hard to connect the city and not be considered losers or unintelligible, but I just never got hooked, you know?

Thank you for asking about my plans for break!  My family seems to forget that I, too, am a college student given that I live at home still.  To them, I shall remain their slave until I locate elsewhere—I’m sure you get it, though.  Your mother seems reluctant to let you go.  But anyways (drum roll, please!), I am actually going to be in

Please log in to read the full chapter