Disillusionment

Creating Worlds [ONE SHOT SHOP | CLOSED]
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Requested by: N_miSone

Characters: Junghan [SEVENTEEN] & Mahi [OC]

Premise: Junghan and Mahi ared dating, but he is an obsessive lover.  Rather than cute and innocent like his image, portray him y and possesive.

Author: Admin K, DivinestSense

 

Disillusionment

 

“Mahi, who’s your bias?”

Humming to herself as if pondering the question, she shrugged.  “I don’t really have one.”

Clearly that was not the correct answer, for her friend’s face contorted in annoyance.  For the past few weeks, the girl had done nothing but freak out over the rookie group Seventeen.  From the moment she saw her to their goodbyes, Mahi learned more facts about the members than she took steps.  Her friend’s dedication to boy groups was admirable—she, herself, could watch Teen Top’s music videos on repeat for hours—but talking about the new, up and coming thirteen-membered group put her on edge.

“Oh just pick one!  It’s not like I’m asking you which of your friends you like the best, because obviously it would be me.”

“Fine. Woozi. What about you, Hara?”

“Junghan," replied Hara with a smile. 

Watching in amusement as her friend’s got lost in her thoughts, absentmindedly playing with her light brown hair, Mahi took a moment to notice the other girl’s outfit.  The two of them could not have been any more different.  Hara was fascinated with all things pink and cute.  With a feminine style and a soft, petite appearance, she easily drew attention from guys.  But even though she was adorable on the outside, she was feisty on the inside.  She was sweet when she wanted to be—such as around her favorite idols at fan signing events—but when she was completely herself, she was crass and dry. 

Mahi, on the other hand, was much more in to street style—flannels and tank tops and beanies and ripped leggings.  Her outfits were fashionable, but usually looked as though she belonged in the hip hop scene rather than walking beside her pixie-like best friend.  Her hair was long and black—not wavy and brown like Hara’s—usually kept straight and basic.  Unlike her brown-haired friend, her personality was rather, well, plain (at least in her opinion).  She was realistic without being too sarcastic, very much a sweet, matter-of-fact type of girl.  But people didn’t know that just by looking at them, so she had to wonder what others thought as the two of them passed by on their way to a Seventeen fan signing event.

Reluctant to go, Mahi dragged her feet as much as she could.  She was only accompanying Hara because the other promised to treat her to a meal, otherwise she would have stayed miles away. 

It was not as though she disliked the boy group—she actually loved them to pieces—but she couldn’t tell Hara that.  She would just go, avoid too much conversation and eye contact while the members of the group shared knowing smiles while subtly doing their best to make the event the most awkward hour of her life. 

Why would it be that way?

Because her boyfriend was Yoon Junghan, here best friend’s bias and a member of the vocal team. 

The two of them had met a few months prior to the group’s debut.  Their encounter was one merely of chance, but it had changed her life forever.

 

 

 

Greeting people as they walked through the door of the convenience store, Mahi watched as two familiar guys sauntered in.  It was almost two in the morning, way past the time any normal human being would shopping, but as she got stuck with the late shifts, she often saw the same abnormal human beings.  Dressed from head to toe in black, she would have worried they were hoodlums if not for the location of the store.  Located right outside Pledis Entertainment’s building, she often encountered trainees (and occasionally idols) who stopped in quickly for snacks or a package of ramen before returning to train.  The cordial to each of them, regardless of age, but they were exhausted, never in the mood to converse beyond the expected.

These two guys, on the other hand, had introduced themselves to her that first day they walked in a few years ago.  They were Jihoon and Jisoo, later to be known by fans around the world as Woozi and Joshua, respectively.  They had dragged themselves in, just as they had a few minutes ago, fatigued from the hours of training.  At that point, debuting as a group had been a far distanced dream; they were young and ambitious.  Mahi had expected their stop in to be as all others had been in the past with Pledis trainees, quick and efficient.  But much to her own surprise, they had struck up conversation with her at one in the morning.

Polite and sweet, it was not until she began to see them weekly in the store that they became more and more informal with each other.  She had been there to congratulate Jihoon when he told her that he would be the vocal team leader, and both of them when their project group was confirmed. She had grown to anticipate their arrival.

Both of them were easy to get along with, but she definitely felt closer with Jihoon.  Despite what one may assume by his short stature and young face, he was mature and driven.  Often Jisoo would bring their purchases back to the dorm or practice room while Jihoon would stay behind for a few minutes to discuss his latest songs.  His face would light up and fall as he took her through his day, but even with all his own troubles, he always listened attentively when he asked about her life.  Their relationship was that of a brother and sister, for they watched each other grow.

“Mahi, please tell me ramen is on sale.  I beg of you.”

Snapped out of her thoughts, she found herself looking at the pleading eyes of Jisoo.  He was a cuite, that was for sure—Hara would have a fit if she knew she worked with such good looking people. 

“How much cheaper would you like it to be?” Jihoon rolled his eyes.  “Hey, Mahi.”

“Enough that I could buy thirteen packages for the poor remains of my wallet.” Jisoo said, looking sadly at the contents of his wallet. 

“Doesn’t the company normally pay for it?” she asked.

“Yeah, but the allowance we were given didn’t last us as long as usual for some reason.” Jihoon groaned. 

She felt bad, the bags under his eyes were becoming more and more prominent as their debut grew closer.  He must have been stressed with the album, plus he had confided in her that they were going to get their own show to test them leading up to their showcase.  From what he had told her, their rings were going to be taken away for a little bit.  She doubted that it meant anything in the long run, but she knew just how much those rings meant to the two of them.  When they had showed them off for the first time to her, one would have thought they were a newly engaged couple by how enamored they were by the metal bands.

“Oh! I’ll call Junghan.  He should have some extra change,” Jisoo said.

With him wandering the store on his cell phone, Mahi focused on Jihoon.

“Long day?” she sympathized.

“Yeah.”

Hoping to lighten the atmosphere, she joked, “Well, I’m honored that you still find time to run to the convenience store and see me.”

She was rewarded with a tired smile.

“I’m here for the food, so don’t get any thoughts.”

“Never," she agreed.  “So, he was going to call Junghan?  That’s Hara’s favorite guy.”

“We haven’t even debuted and the guy has a fanclub," muttered Jihoon. 

Laughing, she slapped his arm. “Don’t worry, you’ll always be my favorite.”

Hearing the bell on the door chime, she turned to greet whoever the lunatic was who was entering a convenience store at this time of night.  Just before she could say hello, she was momentarily stunned by the newcomer’s beauty.  He was a guy with long hair tied neatly in a low ponytail, gentle features and a soft smile—she had never seen a guy that pretty.  She knew that one could never judge anything by appearances (people would assume she was a tough girl by the way she dressed), but he looked angelic. 

“O

Please log in to read the full chapter