At First Sight

Creating Worlds [ONE SHOT SHOP | CLOSED]
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Requested by: ayatakarai

Characters: Ken [VIXX] & Meg Scott [OC]

Premise: Love at first sight at a fan signing.

Author: Admin K, DivinestSense

 

At First Sight

 

Wordlessly shuffling her feet, her eyes darted quickly around her.  From left to right, front to back, she was met with the sparkling, exciting eyes of ninety-nine other Starlights.  She listened as they animatedly chatted with one another, smiling and laughing at things the others said.  She tried to listen as best she could—to be part of the group—but her Korean was not up to par.  In fact, she spoke only the basics.

It was strange, she had expected the domestic VIXX fans to be welcoming and sweet (unlike other fan clubs which seemed intimidating or aggressive) and while they were not rude, they didn’t make much effort to talk to her.  Whether it was due to her failure in Korean or their struggles with English, she did not know, but did know this: she was painfully aware of her foreign appearance in the mass of dark-haired, dewy skinned, uniform skirt wearing teens.

Shifting her eyes down, she stared at the name-tag which rested on her lap. 

Meg Scott.

That was her.

Playing with the corner of her homemade “Leo” sign, Meg chanted a few Korean phrases through her head.  The last thing she wanted was to stand in front of the VIXX members mutely like a fool.

No, that was a lie, the true last thing she ever wanted to do in front of them was fan girl like a child.

Back home in the States, a contest had been announced on the group’s Facebook page.  Each contestant could write a letter to one member of VIXX.  The members would all read the letters and then one lucky international Starlight would get the chance to fly to Korea (all expenses paid) for a special fan-signing event with the top domestic fans that ran the websites and blogs. 

For Meg, the choice to who to write to was obvious.  Ever since she had started listening to the group, she had fallen in love with the soft-spoken, passive faced Leo.  From interviews to performances, she was captivated by his kind and passionate eyes (which tended to betray his stoic expressions).  She didn’t scream to her lap top screen about how hot he was or about how perfect the group’s dances were—that wasn’t the kind of adoration she had for him.  Sure, his voice blew her away and sure, he was adorable when he spoke, but it were his emotion filled brown orbs that held her heart.

She had once heard Ravi say in a show that most of Leo’s fans were like him—taciturn and serious—and without a doubt, she mirrored that claim.  She was the one who had a group of loud, obnoxious friends, but chose to stand in silence.  She was the one with the witty comments that rarely got spoken.  She was the one who put one hundred and ten percent into her work without feeling the need to vocalize a word.  Her quiet nature was often the good-natured joke of her friends, but after hearing “speak more” commanded to her so many times, she had began to question if something was wrong with her.

And then she found VIXX.

She wrote to Leo in her letter about how seeing him achieve all that he dreamed not only made her happy, but also gave her assurance that there was nothing wrong with keeping her lips sealed. In the world of entertainment and variety shows, where each idol strived to be witty and iconic, he did not force himself to become what he wasn’t and for that, she admired him.  She wrote how honored she would be to see him in person and how she just wanted to say thank you, not for being and idol and singing ballads, but for simply being himself.

When Meg had began composing her letter, she never once expected that she would end up where she was now—sitting in the front row of the crowd with a name tag designating her as the contest winner from abroad.

Moving her beat-up-converse covered feet from in front of her to beneath her chair, she hoped the other girls could not feel her discomfort.  Even in uniforms, they all seemed to shine.  Each pleat seemed perfectly ironed, each collar pristinely white.  Their shoes were well taken care of and their hair sleek.  And then, of course, there were the fans that were out of high school, dressed to impress.  From girly dresses to kick- street apparel, she had to remind herself that these fans were the cream of the crop.

As she discreetly searched for other “Leo” signs, she made a point to observe each person quietly.  She was not concerned with making him fall in love with her at first sight like many of the others, but she could not help but feel like she would not even be given a second glance (besides the fact that she stuck out like a sore thumb with her blonde hair) with all of the other beautiful, dedicated fans…who spoke Korean.  But before she could continue to dwell on her thoughts of what never could be, a microphone screamed to life and everyone else silenced.

“Annyeonghaseyo. The fan sign will begin in ten minutes.  Please line up," the voice ordered in Korean.  At the man’s command, workers began ushering the girls into lines. 

Slowly moving with the crowd, Meg’s heart pounded frantically with excitement.

It was almost time.

 

 

 

Humming to himself as the stylist finished his makeup, Ken watched in the mirror as the others prepared to prank their leader.  They had a fan meeting in ten minutes yet there they were, recording each other while holding an open bottle of water over their sleeping leader’s gaping mouth—there was no way it would end well.  Normally he would be one of the first to join in (even now he was anticipating the outcome), but his mind kept occupying him with other thoughts.

Over the past few weeks, they had spent every free moment they had reading letters for a contest.  His fans had written him endless declarations of love and appreciation of his voice—compliments which he both appreciated and was honored to receive—but his mind always traveled to one specifically. 

It had been a late night of practicing for them.  Upon returning back to the dorms, all of the others immediately fell into their night routines before falling asleep—or at least he had thought.  After coming out of the bathroom, he had been surprised to find Leo awake, using the backlight of his cell phone to read a letter.  At that point, they had finished going through all of them and their company had a short list of finalists they were considering (the list was compiled by the members each picking one from their letters)—there was no reason for him to be reading anything.

When Leo settled into bed and closed his eyes, he had tip toed over and gently grabbed the letter from beneath his pillow (though he made time to note to himself how cute it was that his Hyung put it there).  Neatly written was a short letter in English and a rocky Korean translation, but even through the grammatical errors and strange writing, Ken understood the letter.

She told Leo how she loved how genuine he was—how fearless he was of being

Please log in to read the full chapter