seventeen

I am because we are (Ubuntu) [Permanent Hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

► Excuse me for a moment lol. Incase people are confused, I just want to make clear that this is a Baekhyun’s journey in life fic hence the emphasis of his friendships and poor laif. Chanyeol in Baekhyun’s life is secondary. You will see their love bloom through Baekhyun’s struggles in life as a poor student hence them being the main OTP (other than my feels for the two lawl). For those expecting a more detailed side of KaiSoo’s story (if there is any of you lol), it won’t be dwelled on. Their relationship is only emphasized in some aspects to bring across certain points of the story such as the difference of social status (if any of you noticed that keke). Kkeut~ Wheeee~ /proceeds to hiding behind a big block of wood (I fail at writing)/

 

Now on another note, I hope you guys actually read my warnings (the front page in general really) because details details details and vomit inducing fluff. If you do not like those and feel uncomfortable, feel free to unsub as I understand. However, if you do like such, let us bask in the air of rainbows and unicorns~

This chapter was supposed to be separated into two but... eh... fluffy feels WIN! Lmao. Also, you guys adressing me 'author-nim' ; __ ; I am underserving of such title but let me just engulf all of you in a great big hug (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

 

If you read this long note, thank you and may you enjoy your read. //Kisses to everyone and welcome new subbies!/

Word Count: 2599

 

 

“You sleep on the bed, I’ll sleep on the couch.”

They were standing in the middle of his bedroom, Baekhyun dressed in Chanyeol’s clothes that he lent him after the whole sobbing fiasco he did—black shirt that was too big for his petite frame and gray pajama bottoms that were too long for his short legs. He missed the whole hint of amusement in Chanyeol’s eyes when he came out of the bathroom after changing. Cute.

 

“B-bed? B-but… but this is your house and I’m a guest I should be the one sleeping on the couch.” Baekhyun said in panic.

 

However, Chanyeol did not reply and simply pushed him gently towards his bed and left, much to Baekhyun’s panic displeasure.

 

He ran back out to the living room only to see Chanyeol trying to get comfy on the couch, twisting and turning his body to look for the most comfortable position. If Baekhyun wasn’t so busy panicking over the whole thing, he would have found it cute and would likely squeal at the sight—an uncomfortable Chanyeol is a rare sight to see.

 

“Chanyeol?” He tries again.

 

But Chanyeol was just as stubborn. Having found the position he feels comfortable, he turns his back away from him and stills.

 

Knowing how stubborn the taller can get despite usually having no care, he thought of an idea.

 

“There’s another couch in your room, can you at least.. sleep there?... so I won’t be… alone?” The use of his earlier -‘I am lonely’ cry- to his advantage.

 

This seems to have done the trick as Chanyeol stood and without so much as a glare, walked straight passed him to the bedroom and settled on the couch. All of these to Baekhyun’s pleasure especially the glare that was directed to him for the first time. Amusing.

 

 

 

With Chanyeol’s back on him, he stood by the edge of the king sized bed. For the nth time since his friendship with Team E.B. began, all of these were a first time. Never in his life did he sleep in this large of a bed with what seems like a fluffy as clouds mattress and feather light pillows all dressed in plain white, save for the dark gray thick duvet.

 

So he was lost… to say the least. Lost on what to do and felt like the epitome of idiocy because all he really had to do was lie down period. And so he did, ever so slowly like he was crawling to hide. Seriously.. Idiot.

 

As he lied down, he felt like literally melting… because holy this is one soft mattress and oh my god fluffy pillows and thick comfy comfy duvet. He smiled at the comfortable feeling and the security he felt surrounded by warmth as well as Chanyeol’s assuring presence. Admiring once again the sight before him—a seeming continuation of the long stretch of windows from the living room, the couch where Chanyeol lay in the middle and half his body illuminated by the moonlight.

 

But the smile was immediately wiped off as the sight reminded him of his status. Soon, his mind was again filled with thoughts—Chanyeol is rich, he is poor. But he loves him.. and he’s falling deep. Does Chanyeol feel the same? If or when he finds out…. what is going to happen?

 

His straight face deep in thought turned into a frown momentarily distracted at Chanyeol having no blanket.

 

Having no clue of where the other blankets are kept and not wanting to snoop around, he took the duvet that he was once hogging and dragged it to the couch, didn’t think it would actually be heavy. He was used to sleeping in the cold with barely anything covering him anyway, so this wouldn’t be any different.

 

After draping the duvet over Chanyeol with a little struggle here in there, he was about to walk away. But Chanyeol’s peaceful sleeping face caught his attention. Making sure that the taller is indeed asleep – waving his hands in front of him up and down, left and right. He kneeled down to watch him. How creepy of him, he thinks, but this might be his only chance.

 

Without meaning to, his fingers started to lightly trace Chanyeol’s features. He was very handsome indeed. The list of his ‘Ideal Man’ came flashing through his head and he smiled at the checks he remembered making.

 

Rich.

 

He remembers crossing it out reasoning that it’s not important. And it’s not, it shouldn’t be. But clearly in Chanyeol’s case… and since he’s since realized that Park Chanyeol was his ideal man, his now dream guy. It was no longer a question of ideals but a harsh truth of reality: he was rich in bold capital letters.

 

Money and wealth should not define a person; it does not in any way define the person. But in Baekhyun’s case.. it seems it does. He is after all surrounded by rich as people and now, unfortunate or not, associated with elites.

 

He caresses Chanyeol’s cheek lightly; thumb lightly tracing his bottom lip as his thoughts swirled around regretting the day they first invited him over with the group – None of these would have happened. He would not be in this painful confusing situation. He would still be living his life in lies that no one bothered to find out the truth and continued on his journey alone. If only he declined. But no, he’s here now and there’s no changing the past.

 

Before going back to bed, he leans in to place a light kiss on Chanyeol’s forehead, muttering a silent apology. I’m sorry.

 

 

 

Amid the whole time of Baekhyun’s silent watch, Chanyeol was actually fully awake. He could not sleep and it was not because the couch was uncomfortable no, not even (it was actually very comfortable). It was Baekhyun’s presence in his room, in his penth

Please log in to read the full chapter