The Fall Guy

Pure-blood With A Pure Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Check out my new Wolf!Au. The Lost Heirs. Thank you! And enjoy this chapter... don't be too shocked and worried about the last few paras though. <3

 

The attacks kept coming and coming; one week had passed since the first attack on the Hufflepuff first-year, Helen Rowan, and there had been three more cases surfacing. A third-year Ravenclaw was found unconscious at the far stands of the Quidditch field; and just last night two first-years from once again Hufflepuff were attacked together, not far from the Hufflepuff common room. All three were muggle-borns, thus, it was without doubt now that someone was indeed using the Fraer gemstone exactly like how Voldemort wanted to use it many years ago.

 

Despite the Professor’s great efforts to sieve out the culprit and prevent any further attacks, the perpetrator remained intelligent and crafty, never once falling for any of the buried traps. This led the staff to believe that he or she wasn’t alone in this evil plan. Also, there was high suspicion that a student was responsible; someone smart enough to know which places in the castle were prime for carrying out attacks, and also smart enough to fly under the radar and not garner suspicion to get caught.

 

Professor McGonagall had reported the incidents to the Ministry of Magic early last week, and the Ministry deemed these happenings so serious that they had placed Hogwarts under a lockdown with immediate effect.

 

 

 

 

Students were orderly trailing into the Great Hall for breakfast the next morning, though there was a certain somber mood hanging that dampened everyone’s mood. Usually for breakfast, students were allowed to sit at any of the tables in the hall; they weren’t restricted to sitting at their own house’s table for Professor McGonagall had wanted everyone to bond and live amiably. However, in light of the recent weeks, new rules had been reinforced – rules that the Professors somehow believed could help narrow down the search for suspects – first, students were instructed to remain with their housemates during breakfast, lunch and dinner; secondly, an early nine o’clock curfew had been implemented.

 

That’s how one would find three pairs of upset Gryffindors and Slytherins staring wistfully at one another, both sets at opposite ends of the great hall. Belonging to different houses, which before weren’t a problem but were now a pain, meant that the boys could only slip in some couple time in between classes or during that short one hour after dinner and before curfew started.

 

Baekhyun was handling the separation pretty well for he was trying to remain levelheaded by sometimes ignoring the pitiful pouts sent to him by a certain giant at the Slytherin tables. Chanyeol, who before was already pretty noticeable due to his tall height, was now constantly waving to get the attention of his boyfriend. If not for the loyalty he felt to the other, Baekhyun would have been slinking down in his seat right now, denying that he knew who Chanyeol was. He was taking things into his stride well enough, but the same couldn’t be said for Kai and Luhan who were flanking his sides.

 

Kai was flat out slouching on the table and the poor boy was whining every few seconds whilst staring at Kyungsoo. to the great heavens and wishing for Kyungsoo to miraculously appear by his side, he reminded Baekhyun of a very cute puppy that had just been denied his favorite treat by his owners. “BabySoo…” Kai pouted and at the blue necklace around his neck. Across the hall, Kyungsoo was sending Kai sad smiles as well but he nodded at the other whilst pointing his wand at his own necklace. Perplexed, Kai’s eyebrows knitted in confusion.

 

“What?” He mouthed at Kyungsoo. The latter merely lifted his necklace and a wide smile emerged on Kai’s face when he saw Kyungsoo’s necklace glowing. Eyes not leaving his boyfriend’s, Kai wrapped his palm around his own glowing hourglass and a small gasp left his mouth when he heard Kyungsoo’s soft voice float in his ear. “I miss you…” Kai gaped at Kyungsoo. Sensing his confusion, Kyungsoo giggled and said, “The necklaces can be used to communicate between its wearers… just point your wand at the necklace and say your message.” Kai’s face now made him look like he just discovered the cure to cancer.

 

“Oh my god. Why didn’t you tell me earlier? I miss you so much, BabySoo… this arrangement by McGonagall . Why must she-” Kai could have rambled on and on if not for Kyungsoo stopping him. “Anyways, don’t tell Baekie and Luhan about our necklaces okay. I’m not telling Chanyeol and Sehun either because I know they’ll want to use it every few seconds to speak to my brother and Luhan.” Kyungsoo said as he glanced at his two distracted Slytherin friends. Kai nodded enthusiastically, “Yeah… this can be our couple thing.” He giggled, not noticing the weird stare Baekhyun was giving him. Kai looked like he was giggling and talking to the disgusting looking bowl of whatever the hell it is. He’s gone mental. Baekhyun thought.

 

Baekhyun turned to his left and patted Luhan’s back comfortingly once he saw his best friend sigh. “I hate this…” Baekhyun hummed in agreement to Luhan’s words. “I wish they would hurry up and catch this bastard already.” Luhan sighed once more when he tilted his head up and locked eyes with Sehun. The Slytherin was just silently staring at him with longing etched on his face.

 

Whilst everyone was distracted by breakfast and whatnots, Professor McGonagall strode up to the platform and called for the attention of all students and staff. “As most of you should know by now, two first-year Hufflepuffs were attacked last night on route to their common room. They join Helen Rowan and Peter Bawolski, both of whom have not yet awaken despite Madam Pomfrey’s best efforts to cure them.” The headmistress eyed everyone grimly.

 

“Professor Slughorn has told me of his intention to gather the best students in Potions to help him create a new cure. I’m sure he would ask to speak to those talented individuals a little later. For now, the situation has become so severe that the Ministry of Magic felt that they could no longer not intervene at Hogwarts.” Right when she said that, the grand double doors to the great hall burst open to reveal some very high profile Ministry officials.

 

“Tell me I’m dreaming… is that Harry Potter?” Sehun gasped, “Pinch me. I know I’m dreaming.” Chanyeol actually went to slap his cheek, hard. All around the hall, students were muttering excitedly as the group of men made their way to stand beside Professor McGonagall. “The Ministry has decided to station a couple of Aurors at Hogwarts in the meantime, and they will be working closely with the staff to patrol the castle so that we can find the attacker as soon as possible.” She stepped aside and beckoned the man forward.

 

“I’m sure all of you are familiar with Mr Harry Potter… Harry, please.” The said man gave Professor McGonagall a brief hug before moving forward. He greeted everyone with a grim smile, “Good morning, I’m Harry Potter, Head of the Auror department at the Ministry of Magic. These are my colleagues, Ron-” Sehun gasped, “Oh my goodness, that’s Ron Weasley!” and told Chanyeol to pinch him again, to which the latter responded with another slap. “-Sarah, Lee, and Harper. Don’t be afraid of us and just go about as per normal. My team and I are merely here for your protection.”

 

Harry Potter looked towards the Headmistress and nodded, “My team and I already have permission to speak to any students be it for queries or whatsoever. Please do not be alarmed if we pull you aside for a talk and we seek your cooperation till we find the perpetrator.” He concluded. Professor McGonagall then dismissed the students to go about their daily routine.

 

“This is epic cool!” Sehun gaped and whacked Chanyeol’s arm repeatedly. “Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and a couple of other cool Aurors are here in Hogwarts!” Kyungsoo had to whack him on the head before he could start giggling and fanboying. “The situation is serious, Sehun. Stop fooling around. I can’t believe no one has caught the attacker yet…” Kyungsoo frowned and shuffled closer to Chanyeol. The three year-one Slytherins were headed for their morning Potions class.

 

“Soo!” Kai came running and latched himself onto Kyungsoo the second he was close enough to do so. Baekhyun and Luhan trailed after the excited puppy.  “Hi guys!” Baekhyun panted whilst trying to catch his breath as Chanyeol rubbed at his back worriedly. “What classes do you and Baekhyun have right now?” Sehun asked with Luhan already wrapped around his sides. “Transfiguration.” Luhan replied, “With the Hufflepuffs. In fact, we should go find Tao, Kris and Lay right about now.” Baekhyun glanced at his watch before nodding, “Yup. We should go before Professor Triggs have our heads for tardiness.”

 

“What about you guys?” Luhan asked the first-years. “We have Potions together.” Kai boasted. He was proud that he could still stay with his boyfriend for a couple more hours. Luhan and Baekhyun said their reluctant goodbyes before heading off to find the Hufflepuffs. “Did you guys hear what McGonagall said about Professor Slughorn just now?” Kai asked. The Slytherins nodded. “I hope they would be able to find a cure soon.” Chanyeol frowned. “Yeah… I heard the four victims are in some sort of coma.” Kyungsoo said grimly.

 

“Hey!” Kai exclaimed suddenly, “I bet Professor Slughorn would ask you to help. You’re a whiz at Potions.” Sehun and Chanyeol nodded whilst Kyungsoo shook his head modestly. “We’re just first-years, I bet he’ll enlist the help of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter