Chapter 9

Let It Go

“Hyung Jun-ssi?”

 

Hae Yeon greeted the unexpected visitor whom she met at the lobby of the hospital after ending her shift.

She took a quick glance around and after noticing that Young Saeng wasn't around, she somehow felt a little disappointed. 

 

“Hae Yeon-ssi, are you heading home?”

“Yes. Did you come to visit someone, or are you unwell?”

“No. Young Saeng hyung is stuck at work, so I’m here to send you home”

“You really don’t have to, I’m alright. It must be really busy at work for you guys”

“It’s fine for me. Hyung just has more work especially after a week of absence”

“Oh, you mean he was on a break?”

“He didn’t tell you about it?”

 

Hyung Jun’s POV
So he didn’t tell her about the suspension. This hyung…

 

“About what?”

“Oh, it’s nothing. Let's head to my car”

 

Hyung Jun knew that his friend probably had his reasons for not letting her know,
so he avoided the subject by directing Hae Yeon towards his car. 

Hae Yeon however was quick to notice the awkward change in subject and was not convinced by his response.

 

“Did something happen?”

"It's nothing, really"

"I thought something was strange... Hyung Jun-ssi please…"

"Young Saeng hyung was suspended from work for a week, for hitting the suspect we caught"

 

A look of disbelief formed on her face, and Hyung Jun regretted immediately for telling her.
He wasn't sure if keeping everything from her was the right thing to do.
But it might be better if she wasn't aware of what is going on.

What would Hae Yeon think if she knew that she was the target of a triad?
This is probably what Young Saeng wants for her, to live her life normally.

 

"It's all my fault..."

 

Hae Yeon's POV
It wouldn't have happened if I had been more aware of my surroundings.
And he spent the whole week keeping me company as if nothing was wrong…

 

"Please don't blame yourself for what happened, you were a victim too. 
Don't worry about it, he needed a break too. He's been working too hard"

"But..."

"No matter what happens, Hyung only wants the best for you. Please believe in him"

 

---

 

"Why are you not picking up?"

 

Hae Yeon murmured as she made another unsuccessful attempt to reach Young Saeng.

It has been several weeks since their last contact, and he wasn't even responding to her occasional text.
She was about to slip her phone back into the bag when a sudden vibration sent her scrambling to pick up the call.

 

"That was fast. Were you waiting for some guy to call?"

"Kyu oppa…"

"Where are you?"

"On my way home"

"Are you still at the hospital?"

"Yes, I'm about to walk to the station"

"Stay where you are. I'll be there in 10 minutes"

"But I -"

 

The line was cut off before Hae Yeon could even object, and she decided to take a seat
on a nearby bench while she waited for her cousin.

 

Flashback

"Please don't wander off alone without telling me"

"Sorry. I saw that you were busy on the phone, so I went to get you these…"

"This is for your cough. And this… multivitamins for you to take in the morning. You need to watch your health more"

"…"

"Are you… still upset? Sorry I shouldn't have - "

"No, thanks for these. I'll take them regularly"

End of Flashback

 

"Is he still upset with me? But it can't be just because of that…"

 

Flashback

"Remember to check on the intercom before opening the door. Don't ever open your door to any stranger"

"Why are you talking to me as if I'm a kid?"

"No it's just… you need to be more aware of your surroundings"

"I'll be fine, don't worry about me"

"You did bring me home after picking me off the streets after all"

"Why are you bringing this up again? That was an emergency. You're making me sound like some weirdo…"

"I'm sorry..."

End of Flashback

 

The thoughts that had been preoccupying her mind came back once again, and all she could do was sigh.

It felt a little strange though, that he apologized instead of during their last conversation.
And the near hug; he was close to hugging her but instead abruptly removed his hands to pat her on the head and left.
Then he literally just disappeared from her life ever since that night.

 

Hae Yeon's POV
Is everything really ok? Maybe I'm reading too much into it, he's probably busy with work.
I just hope he's fine... 
Choi Hae Yeon, you need to stop thinking about him...

 

"What are you doing staring into space like this?"

 

...................................................................................................................................................................

Yup you're right, I wasn't gonna let him confess yet but I wanted to know if anyone's bored of waiting :D
Thank u all~ Here's another chapter ^^