Chapter 25

Let It Go

To My Baby,

I'm sorry.
I was too used to keeping everything to myself. 
I should have known you'll get worried.
I'll try my best to share everything with you from now.
Please forgive me.

Your Saengie

 

Hae Yeon smiled as she read the card which came with the bouquet of flowers that had been delivered to her office.

She was well aware that it had been hard on him and she should have been more understanding,
but something within her just snapped the day before.

With all the disappointment within her subsided, she was about to turn on her mobile phone when Hyun Joong walked in.

 

"Are those from the otter?"

"Yes"

"It's ok to ignore him for a bit more. He needs to learn his lesson"

"Hyun Joong oppa, are you really his friend?"

"I wonder too"

 

She laughed along with Hyun Joong as he shrugged his shoulders. 
Though she had intended to ignore him for several days, she felt guilty for locking him out of her place.

 

"Hae Yeon ah!"

 

Hae Yeon was leaving the hospital after her shift when she heard a familiar voice.

Recognizing the voice right away, she continued walking as Young Saeng rushed to catch up with her.

 

"I'm sorry"

 

Wanting to for a bit more, she ignored him and walked towards the bus stop.

 

"I'll do anything you want me to. I'll take care of all the housework and prepare your breakfast every morning. 
I'll bring you on as many trips as you want to, give you any thing -"

"Oppa stop it…"

"…"

"I was going to ignore you for a week"

"Yah… I was really worried"

 

She giggled as she saw his surprised face which turned into a frown.
Young Saeng caught hold of her hand which was reaching out to pinch his cheeks and began leading her
back towards the car park.

 

"Arasso, I won't tease you any more. Can we have steak for dinner tonight?"

---

 

"It's nice to see you again Sir"

"We could have just gone to any restaurant around our neighborhood…"

 

Young Saeng smiled as Hae Yeon whispered to him while a manager led them to a private room of
one of the restaurants owned by his family. He excused himself for a bit to make some arrangements
and returned to find Hae Yeon admiring the scenery by the window.

 

"I see you're enjoying the view…"

 

He gave her a quick peck as he crept up and hugged her from behind.

 

"Oppa, it takes months to get a reservation at this restaurant even for the rich and famous.
How did you manage to get us in on such a short notice?"

"I just called before coming"

"How is it possible…"

"This is one of the businesses run by my family. Harabeoji is the chairman of OhGongIl Group"

"…"

"Wae? I promised I'll tell you everything"

 

Young Saeng nudged his girlfriend who had gone speechless, and he knew exactly what was going on in her mind.
She'd definitely ask what was he doing in his current job when he had a family business.

After spending a sleepless night reflecting, he had made up his mind to tell her everything about himself.
That included his real identity which he had been hiding ever since he left home.
It was something he never meant to keep from her, but it just happened under the circumstances which they met.

 

"What are you doing putting your life at risk as a detective…"

"Remember what I told you?"

"You'll quit once you avenge your parents"

"Will you wait for me till then?"

"If you promise to stay safe"

 

---

 

"What were you thinking about?"

 

Hae Yeon was spacing out when Young Saeng returned to the private roof garden with a bottle of red wine
and a pair of glasses. She was trying to digest whatever he had told her over dinner about his family, and
how his last visit home had triggered some memories he had kept away.

She shook her head in response and hugged him as he sat down beside her on the couch.

 

"Wae? What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just wanna give you a hug"

"Pabo"

"Harabeoji sounds like a nice man"

"He only wanted the best for me. I just didn't understand back then"

"He must have felt so lonely"

"Would you like to visit him with me?"

"Are you sure it's ok?"

"He'd love to meet you too"

 

She felt a surge of happiness, knowing that he had made up with his grandfather and even told him about them.
It was another milestone in their relationship now that Young Saeng had completely opened up to her.

 

"Actually, I haven't returned to my family home for some time too… since I returned from the States"

"Because of your parents' divorce? Someone's as stubborn as I am"

"I still can't bring myself to forgive my dad, after all the pain he made my mum go through with his womanizing ways"

"It's ok to take your time just like how I did"

"Oppa, komawo"

 

.........................................................................................................................................................................

 

firstly, i wanna apologise for the delay in update. and if you're still reading this, thanks a million ♥♥♥♥♥
was going through a rough time at work and to make things worst i ended up having a serious writer's block
and couldn't bring myself to even touch my laptop after work for some time :( hope you're not too bored by this
short chapter where they make their confessions... things will begin to get more exciting in the next chapter ;)

love,
joelle