Chapter 17

Let It Go

"Why do I have to come along for this?"

 

Hyung Jun grumbled as the couple shopped around the furniture store engaged in a conversation of their own.
He couldn't deny though, that the smile on Young Saeng's face was the happiest he had ever seen in the longest time.

 

"Oppa, let's head to the supermarket after this. What do you want to have for dinner tonight?"

"Are you sure you want to cook after a day out?"

"How about steak?"

"I'm sure he'd prefer to have you more than anything else. Oww!"

 

Having heard Hyung Jun, Young Saeng deliberately stopped in his tracks and stomped onto his foot.

 

"Hyung Jun oppa, will you be free next weekend?"

"You're asking another guy out right in front of your boyfriend?!"

 

Hyung Jun laughed as he saw how Young Saeng protested immediately upon hearing his girlfriend.

He was glad to see the gradual change in his friend however, as he finally had something else to live for.

 

"Are you regretting your decision already? I wouldn't mind considering though..."

"Yah..."

"I just wanted to invited you to my house warming party"

"So that's what it is. Ouch… I've just been flatly rejected"

"I'll be sure to lock you out"

"Aren't you showing too much jealousy Hyung?"

"Shut your mouth"

 

Watching the exchange between the two friends, Hae Yeon found herself smiling at the discovery of
this adorable side of Young Saeng.

There's a lot more to get used to, thanks to the sudden twist of events that led to them getting
together when she thought that all hope was lost.

 

Hae Yeon's POV
He sure looks a little grouchy… I never thought I'd get to see him like this.
It still feels a little unreal though… 

 

"What are you smiling at?"

"It's nothing"

"Not very convincing…"

"You're like a little boy at times, but I like this side of you too"

 

Young Saeng's POV
How can she just say something like this… Now I'm embarrassed… 

 

"…"

 

---

 

Several days after the incident, Hae Yeon was back at work after assisting with investigations and making the
necessary arrangements for her new home.

She put on her coat after replying to the last email and was about to leave the office when a familiar figure entered.

 

"Hyun Joong-ssi?"

"Hae Yeon-ssi? Hi, I didn't know you were working at this hospital"

"Oh, I was away for several days"

"I see. It's nice to meet you again. Let's have a meal together when our schedules allow"

"Sure"

 

It was already past lunch time when she finally finished her rounds and made her way to the cafeteria. 
There weren't many people around, so she managed to get a seat by the window overlooking the garden.

 

"How's everything back at work? Don't miss me too much ;) "

 

Hae Yeon smiled at the text message received and was about to type a reply when her phone began ringing.

 

"Oppa?"

"Are you slacking off work?"

"No, I was just reading your text while having lunch"

"Lunch at this hour? Don't work yourself too hard on your first day back at work"

"I can't really help it, but I'll try to watch my timing"

"That's my good girl. Will you be working late today?"

"Do you miss me that much?"

"It just means that my work ends later too"

"Fine…"

"Don't forget to call me half an hour before you're done, I'll come over to pick you up"

"Yes Captain Heo"

"Yah… I told you not to call me that"

"But I like the sound of it"

"Urgh… I've gotta get back to work. Make sure you think of something better by the time we meet later"

"I can't promise that"

 

Feeling much better after the little conversation with Young Saeng, she continued to tuck into her lunch
when someone placed a tray in front of her.

 

"You seem to be in a good mood"

"Jae Jun-ssi! Did you just finish your rounds?"

"Long day. Do you know the guy who's sitting at the table across?"

"No? Why?"

"I noticed he has been looking at you while I was getting my food"

"Oh… he probably finds that I resemble someone he knows"

"Probably so"

 

Hae Yeon was kept busy for the rest of the day and it was already night time when she received another call
from Young Saeng to check on her. 
It was then that she decided she'd stop for the day and waited for him
to arrive at the hospital.

 

"What would you like to eat? I can't believe you actually forgot your dinner"

 

Young Saeng nagged at Hae Yeon as they walked to his car after he picked her up from the hospital.
She seemed to be a little distracted however, as she wasn't responding to his question.

 

"Did you forget something?"

"Oppa, don't turn around. I think there's someone watching us"

"Are you sure about it?"

"I didn't think much about it in the afternoon when Jae Jun-ssi told me there was someone who was looking at me. 

But I think I just saw the same person again. Oh, Oppa you dropped your keys…"

 

Keeping a smile on his face, Young Saeng spotted someone dodge to hide behind a pillar as soon as he turned
around to face Hae Yeon and collected the keys he had deliberately dropped.

 

Young Saeng's POV
This Viper sure is persistent… sending someone over like this.
But she's definitely going to be worried if she knows about it…

 

"Thanks. He might just be visiting someone? Don't think too much about it. Shall we have grilled meat?"

"Sounds good. I feel so hungry now"

 

---

 

"Young Saeng ah..."

"Oh, I was going to give you a call too"

 

Young Saeng was about to get into the bath after returning home when he received a call from Hyun Joong.

They hadn't been in much contact since their last meeting at the club, after which the events that happened
left him with little time for anything else apart from work.

 

"I met Hae Yeon-ssi this morning. Didn't hear anything about her working at the same hospital from you"

"I think it slipped my mind. Hyun Joong ah, I need your help on something"

"What is it?"

"Please keep a lookout for her whenever you can. We're in the midst of investigating a case, and there
seems to be some suspicious person who's stalking her"

"Are you dating?"

"Where did that come from? But, yes…"

"Guessed so. It's rare for you to be so concerned about a woman"

"Thanks. How's work by the way?"

"Everything is good so far. It'll take a while before I can find out more. I'll get the details from you then"

"Don't worry about it, just be careful"

 

..............................................................................................................................................................................

hope you're enjoying the progress so far!