Chapter 7

Let It Go

"Young Saeng hyung?"

 

It was late at night when the doorbell sounded and Kyu Jong was surprised to see Young Saeng at his door step.

 

"Am I not welcome?"

"Come on in. What brings you here at this hour?"

" Was just around the area and decided to drop by"


He noticed that Young Saeng was carrying a bag of snacks and beer as he made his way in
and wondered what was going on with his buddy.

It had been a while since their last meeting, and it was rare for him to turn up unannounced.


"How's work? What were you doing here anyway?
Have you started dating? Oh… that must be why…"

"You know I can't date anyone"


He thought he heard a sigh from Young Saeng as he passed a can of beer over.

Something about him seemed different; it was as if a wall had been broken down
and he seemed to be letting his emotions flow more than before.

 

"If it's the same thing about your work being dangerous that's just an excuse"

"I'm suspended from work for a week"

"What?!"

"Hit a suspect while arresting him"

"That's so unlike you… is it because of a girl?"

"…"

"Oh man… I was going to introduce you to my cousin!"

"I don't want to put anyone close in danger. What's going on between you and that girl… Ji Eun?
Or are you still not over your ex?"

"We're talking about you Hyung..."

 

Young Saeng's POV
I just feel comfortable with her. I don't know...

 

"There's a lot going through my mind"

"Sometimes you just have to follow your heart…"

 

---

 

"This is so beautiful!"

Hae Yeon said as she found a good spot and excitedly began setting up her equipment.

The weather was looking good and there were little people around on a weekday,
making it a perfect day to get some good shots. She finally had a day off and Young Saeng had
kindly agreed to bring her out on a photography trip, something which she hadn't done in a while.

They had been spending a lot of time together ever since that incident a few days ago; 
despite her protests he had been picking her up after work no matter how late her shift ended.

It was strange though, because it seemed like he had put aside his work just to be there to send her home.
And she really appreciated this sweet gesture of his.

 

Stealing a glance at Hae Yeon as he too set up his own equipment, a smile crossed Young Saeng's
when he saw her fiddling with her camera happily.

He hadn't felt this relaxed in a long time, and he had come to acknowledge that it was thanks to meeting
this girl in front of him that had changed everything.

 

"I just can't get this right…"

"What's wrong?"

"…"

 

Hae Yeon stiffened when she turned around to unexpectedly find Young Saeng standing
right behind her, crouched to her level so close that their lips almost met.

She heaved a silent sigh of relief when he nonchalantly reached out for her camera and
began browsing through the pictures.

 

"Try decreasing the aperture and slowing the shutter speed, this will sharpen the foreground as well"

"De, Seonsaengnim!"

"I need to charge for consultation"

"How about some rice balls in exchange? You must be hungry since you didn't have much to eat for breakfast, right?"

 

Young Saeng watched in amazement as Hae Yeon proceeded to her bag and began laying out some food on the bench.

 

"What time did you wake up to make these?"

"It's nothing much…"

"You call this nothing?"

"The side dishes were ready made, I just made the rice balls. Here, have some!"

 

Time seemed to past really quickly with her company and it was soon almost the end of the day before he realized.

From visiting scenic spots to chilling at a cafe, and catching a movie, it felt almost like a perfect date;
except that he wasn't sure if Hae Yeon felt the same too.

Young Saeng was waiting for Hae Yeon to return from the washroom when he received a call from an unknown number.

 

"That's quite a cute girl you've gotten yourself"

"Viper?"

"So you still remember me"

"What do you want?"

"Just wanna catch up with an old friend of mine"

"I don't think we were ever on close terms"

"Choi Hae Yeon. 24 years old, a doctor at Myung Woo Hospital"

"Leave her alone!"

"I'll text you the address of our meeting place"


A chill ran down his spine when he realized that Hae Yeon was still nowhere in sight when he ended the call.

As he got the help of a security officer nearby to check the washroom, Young Saeng made a call
to her mobile phone but it was left unanswered.

 

"Hae Yeon ah! Pick up the phone, please!"

 

.....................................................................................................................................................................................

 

actually i'm as excited too at the progress of the story, so here's another chapter~ have a good week!
it's mid week already~~

love,
joelle