[Baekmi] Wrong Number, Baek

100 Chances At Romance

 

Bomi/Baekhyun, pg, 1k, fluff, from prompt no. 29 Wrong Number

For twish96

 


 

Yah Byun Baekhyun, what time our class tomorrow?

 

Bomi frowned, re-reading the new message she just received on her phone. It’s from an unknown number, but if there’s something that Bomi knew for sure, it was the fact that her name was not Byun Baekhyun.

 

Confused and curious as how the sender could mix her number with Byun Baekhyun’s, Bomi typed a reply.

 

I’m sorry, but this is not Byun Baekhyun’s number. Are you his friend?

 

Heol? Really? But Baekhyun gave me this number himself…Yes, I’m his classmate.

 

After reading the reply, Bomi could only raise her eyebrows, thinking, Wow, really, that guy even made this kind of stupid mistake? Shaking her head, Bomi gave Baekhyun’s real number to his friend.

 

Baekhyun’s number is +82 04 1992 605

This is Baekhyun’s girlfriend’s number.  

 

***

 

The next day, Baekhyun picked Bomi up at her university so they could get lunch together. As soon as they ordered and seated themselves at table near the window, Baekhyun leaned forward.

 

“Did I seriously give your number instead of mine?” he asked with wide eyes, incredulous by his own act. Bomi in front of him just rolled her eyes, fishing out her phone so she could show him the message she received the previous night from Baekhyun’s classmate. “… Wah, I’m so dumb,” he muttered to himself.

 

Bomi just chuckled, patting his head like he’s the younger between the two. “How did this happen really? Are you trying to hook me up with your friend?”

 

“Yah, stop talking nonsense! Why would I do that? I swear I didn’t realize I give your number instead of mine… I even typed the number myself,” he added later, remembering the time his friend asked for his number. He finally looked up to his girlfriend with a shrug. “I guess I memorized your number better than my own,” Baekhyun said, grinning widely.

 

The bright smile made Bomi’s heart warm in a second, and she played with Baekhyun’s hair fondly. “I guess you do.”

 

***

 

Baekhyun would as a cheater, Bomi supposed, because he had the tendency to send messages to her instead to whoever the messages were meant to be. For example, once, Bomi had just finished taking a bath when she noticed a new message in her phone.

 

 From: puppybaek

Mom, how could you all leave meㅠ_ㅠ

You didn’t even give me money to eat… 

 

Apparently, when Baekhyun woke up, his family was already left without waking him up. At that time, Bomi humored him by replying, I’m sorry, my son…

 

Baekhyun’s reply had come the very next second.

 

From: puppybaek

Crap, I sent it to you???

‘My son’, Bbom-ah you really… -_-

 

It happened so often, Baekhyun sending messages to the wrong number (Jongdae-yah I’m almost there, which obviously meant for his friend, and the other time was, Dad where’s the car key?, and there’s even one, I’m sorry Sir it won’t happen again, that made Bomi wondered who the message was meant for.), until Bomi just stopped reprimanding him to be more careful, simply replying with, Wrong number, Baek, whenever her boyfriend made a mistake.

 

It was kind of cute how Baekhyun sent messages to her by reflex.

 

***

 

Until it’s not cute anymore.

 

From: puppybaek

Jongdae-yah, Kim’s paper is for next week, right?

I haven’t finished it.

Ah, is my lovely Jieun there already?

 

Bomi stared blankly at her phone’s screen, reading the new message Baekhyun just sent her. “Wow, Byun. Wow,” she mumbled. She rubbed her temple, wondering what kind of reply she would give Baekhyun now.

 

After deciding that it didn’t matter, she typed the usual, Wrong number, Baek, imagining the panic look on Baekhyun’s face when he realized his stupidity just went on another level this time. Then she went back browsing about her idol WINNER’s Mino, only glancing briefly when her phone rang, showing puppybaek as the caller. She casually ignored it, humming under her breath to the ringtone.

 

Actually, it’s not like Bomi was mad or anything. She knew Jieun, Baekhyun told Bomi about her once. Lee Jieun was Baekhyun’s classmate, famous for being both pretty and had a nice personality. She’s like the goddess in Baekhyun’s major, and Baekhyun was also an admirer. Bomi also knew that Baekhyun was just joking around with Jongdae, his best friend, they often claimed Jieun as theirs.

 

But it didn’t mean Bomi was happy with Baekhyun calling other girl as ‘my lovely’ either.

 

Bomi was busy watching WINNER TV, already forgetting the text accident, when the bell suddenly rang. She opened the door, and it was her boyfriend who stood outside, panting heavily with messy hair and sweats trickled down his neck.

 

“Baek? What are you—”

 

Before she could finish her sentence, Baekhyun already pulled her into his embrace, hugging her tightly. “I’m-sorry-please-don’t-break-up-with-me!” he blurted out, burying his face on Bomi’s shoulder.

 

Now Bomi remembered the text.

 

She heaved a sigh, patting Baekhyun’s back. “Who said anything about breaking up? It’s not that easy to get rid of me, you know?” She tried to release herself from Baekhyun’s embrace, but Baekhyun just held her even tighter if that even possible.

 

“But you didn’t answer my call!” Baekhyun whined. “I was just kidding with Jongdae, you know that, right? You know that I really really really really love you, right? That you’re the only one for me—”

 

“I know, I know!” Bomi hit Baekhyun on the chest so he would stop with his cheesy lines. Even though she pretended that she didn’t like it, her red cheeks proved otherwise. “Gosh you’re embarrassing. I’m not angry, so can you let me go now?”

 

Reluctantly, Baekhyun took a step back, but his arms were still around Bomi’s waist. “If you’re not angry… then, bbo-bbo?”  He stared at Bomi with pleading puppy eyes and a small pout, it’s just impossible to not give in.

 

“… Fine…,” Bomi said, giving a light peck on Baekhyun’s lips.

 

But when she about to pull back, Baekhyun chased her, prolonging the kiss. He smiled triumphantly when Bomi didn’t resist.

 

***

 

“… Baek?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“You’ll die if you call other girl as ‘my lovely’ again.”

 

“… Got it.”

 


 

I’m sorry that this is so short ㅠ_ㅠ But I hope the cheesiness could make up for the short length? (I rarely write my characters in an established relationship). And, disclaimer, if you're not angry then kiss  thing is from Discovery of Love. Thank you for reading! (X

 

*This is based on a true story – minus the cheesy part. So don’t get ‘inspired’ by this, okay?^^ Recently I found an exopink one-shot that has a similar part with my story, it’s just a very small part, but it’s almost the exact word-to-word, and it makes me a little bit upset… Or maybe I’m just being too conscious, I don’t know.