[Kaieun] Fantastic Chicken

100 Chances At Romance

 

Naeun/Jongin, pg, 1.8k, fluff, from prompt 48. Delivery Person

 


 

Chorong browsed through the countless delivery menus in her hand. “Alright, what do you Shorties want to eat?” she looked up to her housemates, which consisted of Bomi, Eunji, and Naeun.

 

Bomi frowned, “Why did you call us Shorties? Only Eunji is shorter than you, and Naeun is waaay beyond short…”

 

The oldest put down the menus and glared. “, I pay for the food, I can call you anything I want.”

 

“… Yes, Your Majesty,” Bomi made a motion of zipping up , and Eunji kicked her because they almost lost free food because of Bomi’s big mouth. She turned to Chorong with a sugary smile, “Unnie, how about chicken? This one, Go Go Chicken, I heard the chicken is delicious.”

 

Naeun, as the youngest out of the four, kept quiet, knowing perfectly it’s not her place to request since she almost never had to pay. Whenever the duo Bomi and Eunji decided to let her paid, Chorong would beat the two and yelled, “Treat your dongsaeng right!”, taking out her own wallet to pay.

 

They finally settled with Go Go Chicken, and the waiter that received their order promised for a thirty minutes delivery at most after checking their address. True to his word, twenty five minutes later, the bell rang, and Naeun immediately stood up. Maknae’s job.

 

She opened the door with Chorong’s wallet in her hand, ready to get back to the living room as soon as possible so they could start watching Back To 20, but the sight that greeted her outside the door took Naeun’s off guard.

 

“Hello! Two buckets of Go Go Chicken?” his voice was light and tone cheerful, and he looked unbelievably happy for a delivery guy, his smile was so bright and dashing that Naeun had a hard time focusing her mind on the question.

 

“… O-Oh. Oh, yes, two buckets,” Naeun nodded, searching for Chorong’s wallet in her pocket, Where the hell that damn wallet is—oh, here, in your ing hand, Son Naeun get a grip! and she looked up nervously, facing the delivery guy again.

 

He still had that radiant smile, and Naeun’s knees felt weak. She quickly gave the money to him before something stupid like her fainting happened.

 

“Have you ever tried the sweet and sour ones before? They’re super delicious!” the Delivery Guy asked, handing Naeun two buckets of chicken. “Ah, can you carry them?”

 

“Y-Yes, I mean, um… Ugh, yes I can carry them. But no, this is our first time trying your… chicken,” she frowned immediately, feeling there’s something wrong with the way she talked. And Delivery Guy must be thinking the same, cause he’s chuckling. Naeun ducked her head to hide her blushed cheeks.

 

“Order from us again next time! I promise I’ll deliver them faster just for you!” he grinned, pulling up her cap for a salute, and Naeun could only stare as Delivery Guy jumped up to his motorbike, off to another location.

 

That must be the most good-looking delivery guy Naeun had ever seen.

 

***

 

Naeun decided that it should be illegal for delivery guys to look like they were God’s master piece, because it’s been two days and Naeun couldn’t stop thinking about Go Go Chicken Delivery Guy. It’s really unfair how some people could dressed up to kill and yet they would still look like an octopus next to Go Go Chicken Delivery Guy in his ugly red and yellow uniform.

 

He should be at least 180 cm, Naeun measured it on the door, remembering his height from the previous day where he stood near it. And then there was jawline so sharp it cut through your heart and delicious chocolate skin let me it and sinful plump lips made to be kissed, and, well, Naeun was in a trouble.

 

***

 

Was it normal to think about Delivery Guy for seven days straight? Because it’s no longer two days that Delivery Guy popped in Naeun’s head every time her mind wandered.

 

But today was Friday, and on Friday night the girls gathered for a movie and no-cooking rule meant they would order dinner. Eunji took out their pile of delivery menus, a result of collecting them through too-lazy-to-cook days, and Naeun felt her heartbeat increased.

 

“Okay, Peasants, say your wish and I will grant it,” Chorong said, waving her wallet in the air.

 

While Bomi and Eunji was busy debating what to order, Naeun cleared and looked at Chorong. “Unnie. H-How about sweet and sour chicken? Last week… Last week Go Go Chicken is yummy, we should… try the other menu.”

 

Three pair of eyes stared at her, and Naeun tried hard to look as innocent as possible.

 

“Huh,” Chorong tilted her head, “Peasant Number Three speaks. Well, since you rarely request, sure. It was delicious, you’re right. By the way, you haven’t clean up your make-up?”

 

Naeun chose not to answer the last question.

 

When the bell rang, Naeun practically sprinted to the door, stopping in front of the mirror to fix her hair and make sure she looked okay. She opened the door and was blessed with the same amount of happiness, if not more, from the, luckily, the same Delivery Guy.

 

“You order again!” he greeted cheerily. “I’m faster today, right?” He did. “And you order my recommendation!”

 

Naeun nodded coyly, elated that he remember her, murmuring something about your chicken is fantastic before she decided to shut her stupid mouth. Bad brain and mouth combination. Delivery Guy chuckled all the same.

 

“It’s for family dinner?” he asked, and Naeun secretly pinched the inside of her wrist so she would stop daydreaming.

 

“Ah, no, I live here with my friends…”

 

“No one cooks?”

 

“It’s the no-cook night,” she replied, and he laughed. His laugh was crazily beautiful. The world seemed like a better place to live.

 

“Well, if you have any other no-cook schedule, or just craving for chicken, call us again! Ah, I recommend the sandwich this time. It’s a new menu. I can’t stop eating it. Have a nice no-cook night!” Delivery Guy raised his red cap again, black fluffy hair under it, and he gave Naeun one last smile before he left.

 

Naeun wondered how many times she could order chicken in a week before she would get sick of them.

 

***

 

“Go Go Chicken again?” Eunji furrowed her eyebrows after Bomi said she wanted to try Go Go Chicken’s sandwich. Naeun pretended she had nothing to do with it, even if she was the one who told Bomi about the sandwich. Bomi was always the easiest to sway. “Do we have a Go Go Chicken quota we have to fill or something? Five times and we’ll get a reward?”

 

“I’ll pay, I’ll pay!” Bomi said, already imagining the I heard the sauce is the secret why people go crazy for the sandwich, and the chicken is so tender. Naeun could be very persuasive when she wanted.

 

It’s Delivery Guy again, and Naeun was determined to make small talks. She even rehearsed it before, alone in her room.

 

“Hey, you follow my recommendation again!” Delivery Guy said when Naeun opened the door. He didn’t immediately handing the food to Naeun. Good.

 

“I guess you’re good at advertising…,” Naeun told him, and maybe he was paid to laugh? Because he laughed at Naeun’s lame joke. “Um, so… Are you a student?” He looked older than Naeun, heck, he looked older than Chorong, but something in the way he smiled made him looked young.

 

“Yep,” he nodded. “Second year, and books are expensive.”

 

“Oh. I’m also in second year.”

 

“Really? Wow, I thought you’re still in high school with that skin of yours,” he grinned cheekily and Naeun felt her cheeks warmed up. Naeun swore she would take care of her skin even more from now on. “Err, I don’t mean to be rude,” he suddenly coughed, scratching the back of his neck. “Anyway, here’s your sandwich.”

 

He didn’t recommend anything this time.

 

***

 

Naeun managed to stop herself from asking for Go Go Chicken again the next time they ordered food. She didn’t want to make her housemates suspicious. And she managed to hold on for another week.

 

But two weeks were too much, and she casually said she wanted chicken when Chorong asked. At least, she hoped she looked casual enough.

 

“Pizza…,” Bomi whined, staring longingly at the Mr. Pizza menu. Naeun was worried she would offer to pay again. But surely Bomi had no money since she just bought a cake earlier? Should Naeun pay for it?

 

“Fine, I’ll buy you chicken, and I’ll buy you pizza,” Chorong told the two girls. “As long as you clean up your room!” she added to Bomi who nodded eagerly.

 

But why the bell had to ring when Eunji was about to go to the kitchen? As the result, she said, “I’ll get it,” when Naeun jumped on her heels.

 

“Ah, no, Unnie, let me do it—”

 

“Eey, just sit down,” Eunji waved carelessly and Naeun wanted to whimper. She prayed that it’s Mr. Pizza Guy instead of Go Go Chicken Delivery Guy.

 

It didn’t take four minutes until Eunji returned to the living room, and Naeun’s heart dropped when she saw the Go Go Chicken buckets on Eunji’s hand. It seemed that she had to wait for three weeks this time before she could propose another Go Go Chiken menu.

 

She looked down dejectedly at the carpet. It’s so ugly Naeun wanted to burn it – suddenly the world was not the same beautiful place to live.

 

Putting down the buckets in the coffee table, Eunji looked at Chorong and Bomi. “Well, now I know why our maknae suddenly loves Go Go Chicken so much.” Naeun looked up in a snap. “Apparently, the delivery guy was a hottie. It’s not the chicken she wanted, it’s the .”

 

“UNNIE!!!”

 

Chorong raised her eyebrows while Bomi furrowed hers. “Wait a minute… so when you told me the sandwich tastes heavenly, you just want to meet the delivery guy? … You tricked me?!”

 

“But it was heavenly! You said it yourself!” Naeun shot back.

 

Eunji rolled her eyes, “You know everything is delicious to Bomi. Anyway, Kiddo, to save us from spending more money to fulfil your thirst on the Delivery Guy, here, I have a cheaper solution.” She took out a paper from her pocket and Naeun’s eyes widened. “I ask for his number.”

 

“Unnie!” even though she sighed exasperatedly, still she pulled the paper away from Eunji in the speed of light. In the small paper was a scribble of a name, and Naeun was barely able to read it, but at last she knew the name of the Delivery Guy; Kim Jongin. Under the name was a phone number which Naeun hurriedly save to her phone. Still she complained to Eunji, “Unnie, now he won’t deliver chicken here anymore.”

 

Eunji scoffed. “I doubt it. Believe it or not, he also asked for your number earlier while blushing like a teenage girl. Expect a message anytime now, Maknae.”

 

The smile that bloomed on Naeun’s lips after that was hard to control.