A Regular Family Life

Life with the Kwons

“Jin could you get your sister ready?” I call running to my closet trying to find something to wear; “She’s already awake!” I yell.

“Deh, Umma!” Jin calls. “Jiyeon?”

“Aniyo!” I hear my four year old say; I can picture her pout, the big eyes, shaking her head disapprovingly, her bottom lip jutting out. “I want Umma!!”

Sighing I grab a t-shirt -–Jiyong’s— “Jiyeon?” I say walking in to see her batter her eyelashes at her brother. “Sweetie?” She'll be murder on boys when she gets older, well more so when she gets old enough to date.

“Umma!” She cheers wrapper her arms around my legs, pulling me closer to the dresser.

Sighing I look over at Jin him laughing. “Jiyeon, don’t you want Umma to get dressed?”

“Aniyo, I want Umma, Appa, you and ME to stay home.” She pouts walking over to her closest. “Umma this?” She asks pointing at a dress.

Nodding my head I take it off the hanger delicately. “Sweetie, you know that’s next week.” I whisper to her. “Jin has to go to practice, I have to go to work and you get to hang out with Appa all day with your Aunts and Uncles.” I tell her slipping the dress over head. “Right?”

“Deh.” She mutters, clearly upset.

Smiling at her I pick her up. “Let’s go do your hair.” I tell her smiling. “Jin do you want a ride?”

“Sure I’m almost ready to go.” Jin says standing up. “Hurry please Umma?”

“I will, don’t worry.” I tell him, walking down the hall I stop in my bathroom setting Jiyeon on the counter. “A simply pony tail or a braid?”

“Braid!” She cheers giggling.

Smiling I braid her hair quickly, sticking a couple of barrettes. “All done, go wait with Jin alright?” I ask setting her on the ground.

Watching her run out, then down the hall I run into my closet, picking out a simple button up shirt, a red cardigan, black tights, and a simple check lantern skirt, grabbing a pair of grey flats, I quickly apply a little bit of makeup before I run down the hall to the living room, grabbing my purse, folders and keys. “Ready?”

“Umma you look so pretty!” Jiyeon coos as I pull my shoes on.

“Thank you my sweet little pumpkin!” I tell her as Jin lifts her up and we walk out of the apartment. “Jiyeon I’m going to have to drop you off with appa while I go to a meeting, arasso?” I tell her looking over my shoulder.

“Deh!” She says a little sourly. “Umma do I have to?”

“What’s this? Do you not miss appa?”

“Aniyo, it’s just.” She pouts again looking at me in the eyes. “Wooyoung-oppa is always so funny.”

Jin and I both laugh, I’ll admit it’s pretty funny to watch him entertain her when I can’t at work, or when the boys all woo her, teaching her some simple dances or playing games. Jiyeon is rather spoiled with attention alone.

 

Sighing I smile at Jiyong waiting to pick Jiyeon up. “I’ll be here later.” I tell him while he hugs Jiyeon.

“Deh, hurry here, I wanna show you something.” He teases swinging her in his arms. “Love you Melissa.”

Smiling at him I nod my head. “I love you too Ji.”

Pulling out I quickly drop Jin off for his practice, arriving at work I smile at David waiting in the lobby with a orange juice. “You’re the best.”

“I know.” David says sassily. “Anyways we have to head over to see 2PM and 2AM, and then we have to head over to the technical department for your final check, then over to the meeting at three.” David says ushering me into the elevator. “Did you bring your notes for JYP Nation?”

“Yeah, I have them in the folder.” I tell him shaking it in his face. “Alright let’s get this done!” I cheer hopping out of the elevator.

Walking into meeting room 4B I smile at the ten boys. “Melissa!” they all cheer happily. “Where’s Jiyeon?” They all chorus.

Shaking my head I take a seat at the head of the table. “She’s with Jiyong; I’m a little too busy for her today.” I explain. “Although she didn’t seem too torn that she’d be missing you.” I tease them. “Except for you Wooyoung.”

“Ah, of course she’d miss me the most!” Wooyoung boasts. “I miss my little princess.”

“Yah, get your own daughter to spoil!” I tell him jokingly. “She’ll stop missing her brother and father!”

 

Settling down I run over the general plan for JYP Nation, that’ll have to re-certify with me for Japanese and English.  Leaving them to review with a few translators David and I dash to the technical department to sub a few music videos, after which David and I hurry to the JYP staff meeting, most of which was just a repeat of what I’d gone over with 2PM and 2AM.

 

“UMMA!” Jiyeon screams with joy hopping out of Jiyong’s arms to come into mine. “I missed you sooo much!”

“I missed you too!” I tell her kissing her cheek. “I can’t wait until next week.” I tell her snuggling closer.

“Melissa!” Jiyong calls smiling at me, I’ll admit in the eight years that we’ve been married, the way Jiyong looks at me hasn’t changed, the way he says I love you, hugs me, kisses me, none of it has changed.

Setting Jiyeon done I walk over to him, kissing his lips I smile. “I love you.”

Grinning he holds me close. “I love you too.”

“You aren’t alone you two.” Dara says coming in chuckling. “Jiyong they want you to check the final song.”

Nodding his head he sighs. “The last song has been tough.” He grumbles. “I’ll be right back.”

Watching him go I smile. “Umma you have the smile again!” Jiyeon giggles holding my hand.

“Do you know what that look is?” Taeyang asks her smiling.

“Aniyo, but she only smiles like that for appa!”

Seunghyun smiles. “It’s because how much they love each other.” Sitting next to her he smiles. “Umma and appa love each other so much.”

“So they only kiss each other then. Like in the movies!” She squeals excitedly.

“That’s right.” I tell her smiling. “Appa and I only kiss each other.”

"I only wanna kiss Seungri-oppa!" She says smiling, walking over she grabs his hand. "Oppa!"

Chuckling he picks her up. "What about Wooyoung?"

"Aniyo!" She says kissing his cheek.

"YAH!" Jiyong says coming in. "Don't you dare!" He says to Seungri. "Put my princess down!"

"Aniyo appa!" Jiyeon whines hugging Seungri for dear life. "Seunghyun-oppa told me about only kissing one person."

Looking over at Seunghyun Jiyong gets a bit confused. "What?"

"You and Melissa." he clarifies. "Your lovely princess will only kiss Seungri."

 


 

 

So this is sort of just catch up on the last eight years this also introduces Jiyeon, their six year old daughter. For ages Melissa is 32, Jiyong is 35, and Jin is 17.

Comment and Subscribe!!